Day 23 Of Flower, Pistils Withering/disappearing- W/ Pics- Help?

• Thread starter sorrel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sorrel23

sorrel23

Hi folks, thanks for taking the time to read this. I just noticed this problem two days ago in my greenhouses. Overview of the environment, nutes, etc: Plants are in day 23 of flower- they're a little slow because of the cold and foggy weather we'd been having in April and early May. I'm using House and Garden coco A + B, at 12 ml/gal starting in beginning of week 4. Supplementing Botanicare cal-mag 4 mg/gal every third watering. Just started adding H&G BudXL. Botanicare Silica 5 ml/gal twice, once today once a week ago. Water is always ph'd to 5.5 ish to 6.5 usually 6. Haven't sprayed anything except for actinovate and serenade a month ago. Just used 2 sulphur burners for 6 hours at night when they were covered in each greenhouse. They're both 50 ft long, abt 6.5 ft tall and 9 ft wide. No discernible light leaks. Covering schedule is 7pm-7am. Plants are Cornbread OG, Pie Face and Elmers Glue. Could this be a symptom of broad mites? They look so completely healthy otherwise, I really hope it's not. These pictures are actually not the worst. Sorry I didn't get pics of those yet, I will next time I go down. If you are able to zoom in you can see the withered pistils. They're not turning brown at all.. just withered. Or gone. I have two phenotypes of Elmers Glue, one is way worse than the other. Some of the cornbread OGs look almost completely bald on top... and the Pie Faces are the least affected. It's also been really hot the past few days. This is happening on every single plant. Pics are of the Cornbread OG greenhose and the Elmers Glue close up. Thank you for reading :) Also wanted to say, I couldn't find very much information about pistils withering and disappearing that seemed to match what's going on for me, but if you know of info on any threads that I missed please let me know. Could it be from the sulfur burn?

Day 23 of flower pistils witheringdisappearing  w pics  help
Day 23 of flower pistils witheringdisappearing  w pics  help 2
Day 23 of flower pistils witheringdisappearing  w pics  help 3
sorrel23

sorrel23

Here's some of the other EG phenotype... no hairs! they were there before.
IMG 6249
IMG 6250

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Get a 60-120x scope ASAP. Only way to determine if you have broad mites.

That being said I'm hesitant to outright diagnose it. When I had broads when the pistils appeared about 14 days in they came out black. You don't appear to be having that symptom. But the effects may be strain-dependent.

I have no experience burning sulfur.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Thanks for responding! I did use a 60-100 scope today, I wasn't able to see anything, but I will try again tomorrow.. I am not sure of the best places to look for them, I've been looking at the undersides near the stem and on the undersides of the lower buds..

sorrel23

sorrel23

W
Get a 60-120x scope ASAP. Only way to determine if you have broad mites.

That being said I'm hesitant to outright diagnose it. When I had broads when the pistils appeared about 14 days in they came out black. You don't appear to be having that symptom. But the effects may be strain-dependent.

I have no experience burning sulfur.
What did your plants looks like other than the black pistils? Mine look totally normal except for this.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Anywhere from this:
To this:

Now that I'm looking at these pics again I think you may be in the clear. No harm in checking though.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Today, sadly, I noticed a bunch of male flowers on one of my EG phenos and the cornbread OG. I spent 3 hours going through each plant and cutting off all the ones I could see. These are also the ones with the least amount of pistils. I did change the covering schedule for one week, from 7-7, to 5:30 pm to 10 pm. I did this because I had heard from a lot of different people that moonlight doesn't affect flowering.. but maybe because these phenos are really sensitive to changes they hermed anyway? Or maybe there was an unknown light polluting factor? The greenhouses are kind of near a road but I had my boyfriend drive the truck with the brights on and I couldn't see any light from the truck near the greenhouses. I'm pretty sad, I feel like I fucked them up and they were doing so good too. Does anyone know if revegging or getting light interuptions like this can cause pistils to stop forming as well? It would make sense to me that if they revegged a little bit they would stop. There's a few twisted leaves as well, which I read is something that happens when plants reveg.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Today, sadly, I noticed a bunch of male flowers on one of my EG phenos and the cornbread OG. I spent 3 hours going through each plant and cutting off all the ones I could see. These are also the ones with the least amount of pistils. I did change the covering schedule for one week, from 7-7, to 5:30 pm to 10 pm. I did this because I had heard from a lot of different people that moonlight doesn't affect flowering.. but maybe because these phenos are really sensitive to changes they hermed anyway? Or maybe there was an unknown light polluting factor? The greenhouses are kind of near a road but I had my boyfriend drive the truck with the brights on and I couldn't see any light from the truck near the greenhouses. I'm pretty sad, I feel like I fucked them up and they were doing so good too. Does anyone know if revegging or getting light interuptions like this can cause pistils to stop forming as well? It would make sense to me that if they revegged a little bit they would stop. There's a few twisted leaves as well, which I read is something that happens when plants reveg.[/,QUOTE]
I'd say that he/she pollinated the gals that's why the pistols are withering

sorrel23

sorrel23

Hey there gravekat303 I can't see anything you wrote, is there something I can't see?

Toaster79

Toaster79

I second @gravekat303. Those are most likely knocked up. Either you've got a male/herm in your garden or there's one in the area. Is anyone in the perimeter of 1 mile also growing outdoors? Did you thoroughly check all of your plants?

sorrel23

sorrel23

There's definitely hermed plants. It's just weird because there are 2 strains with the no-pistil thing and two that still have way more... growing right next to each other. I would think it would happen to all of them?

sorrel23

sorrel23

I second @gravekat303. Those are most likely knocked up. Either you've got a male/herm in your garden or there's one in the area. Is anyone in the perimeter of 1 mile also growing outdoors? Did you thoroughly check all of your plants?
Agh such a bummer if that's true.. they're barely in 4th week of flower. I pulled as many of the males out of one greenhouse that I could see. The flowers were all still totally closed. Also I don't think this could've been happening before 4-5 days ago because I changed my tarp pulling schedule, which is I think what hermed them, only 1 week ago. I just noticed the pistil thing 3 days ago. do you think in 4 days male flowers can open and pollinate?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Agh such a bummer if that's true.. they're barely in 4th week of flower. I pulled as many of the males out of one greenhouse that I could see. The flowers were all still totally closed. Also I don't think this could've been happening before 4-5 days ago because I changed my tarp pulling schedule, which is I think what hermed them, only 1 week ago. I just noticed the pistil thing 3 days ago. do you think in 4 days male flowers can open and pollinate?
One flower is all it takes man I'm like 80%positive it's seeded

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

yep you are %100 seeded. That's a bummer.

You're going to want to get a pressure washer full of peroxide and alcohol to kill off all the pollen in the greenhouse, a homie just seeded his crop, and the next one because he didn't clean his space after it got pollinated.

sorrel23

sorrel23

So... I can spray the plants with water to try and prevent more pollen from getting around. I can kill the pollen with peroxide and alcohol after I harvest. I can take male flowers off intensively.. I'm thinking every three days go through the entire greenhouse.. I haven't actually seen any open, yellow ones at all, all the ones I've picked off have been closed and green. And hopefully I can trim out the less impacted ones. Thanks for your help everyone. I shouldn't have been fucking with their pulling schedule, is the lesson here.

Top Bottom