Day 24 Flowering - Leaves Yellowing - Please Help?

• Thread starter patrick.delta9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

patrick.delta9

Hey,

I am a new grower and am a little worried about my girls.
frown.gif
It is day 24 of flowering and the leaves are looking yellowing (see pictures)

Any help would be great.

How do they look for day 24 flowering?

Is the yellowing a problem and what do you think it might be?

Do I need Cal/Mag?

Stains: Raskal OG, Kushberry and Platinum Blue Jack
Light: 1000watt HPS
Medium: Flood and drain hydro
PH: Steady 6.0
Temp: 64-67 night - 80 day
Nutes: Home and Garden Aqua Flakes A&B and suggested additives - following grow charts on website

Thanks for the help!

Patrick

Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 2
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 3
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 4
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 5
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 6
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 7
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 8
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 9
Day 24 flowering   leaves yellowing   please help 10
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Looks like your over fertilizing to me. Whats your ppms?
Also could be over watering. How often are you watering? Whats ur medium?
Calmg is only important if your using r/o

bonkia

bonkia

Dirty word and I hate to even put it out there... Have you looked in your soil for tiny bugs..

montanamike1

montanamike1

Yup, I think you sure do. Looks like a Magnesium/Calcium Def. to me, but it's been along time since I've stared at those charts. Many nutrient company formulations (except for GH 3 part) are formulated for use with average tap water, 100-300 ppm that includes micro nutrients and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, etc.

The easiest way to recreate ideal conditions for nutrient uptake in hydro is to use a reverse osmosis water filter and add back the Cal/Mag at 5-15 ml/gal

bonkia

bonkia

Root aphids are not picky... Look at your roots long and hard...

P

patrick.delta9

Is 1180ppm to hot?

I think I am going to flush them for a day and then make a new batch of nutes with reverse osmosis water and cal mag.

Would there be any harm in flushing them overnight to be safe?

Thanks

montanamike1

montanamike1

I always recommend AGAINST flushing; it is a far over-used technique that is only good when you need to remove all the nutrients from your medium before harvest. Any other time, the resulting nutrient deficencies from the flush can be more damaging than whatever problem you were trying to originally correct. 1200 ppm is a bit high, but not high enough to cause lockout- Here's a good post from a good grower on monitering your salt levels when growing with synthetic nutrients.

Salt can buildup in any medium.
Get rid of the salts is an excellent solution. Go organic.

Drop clean: From my experience and also while sampling the results of others that have used drip clean. Drip clean will not fix the problem of salt buildup from overfeeding.
It can make the end results worse. Some growers think they have a "safety blanket" when using drip clean.
Thinking then can then overfeed the plants. Also in turn flush/water less than needed, to then end up with a inferior tasting/burning meds. No thank you.

So here is what I have learned works until you can visually see the cues to know when to feed how much and how often.

If your growing blind. Meaning not checking runoff or monitoring EC then you can get hosed by salt buildup.

Here is how I dial in the feeding of salts.
1. Monitor the runoff. (ec/ppm -before and after the feed and/or water is given to the plants)
2. Monitor the PH. (before and after the feed and/or water is given to the plants)
3. Monitor the plants for how much they are eating, drinking, and transpiring. Checking weight of pots and how fast the weight is diminishing, amount of water in dehumifier/ac, watching the color of the plants stems, leaves and closely monitoring how they are responding to the level of nuts you are giving them.
After doing 3 adjust 1 and 2 as needed.
Keep doing that until you get them into the zone of rapid growth.

For example:
When you are feeding to high of an EC then they can stop or slow down the rate of eating/drinking and also transpiring/using what they were given.
When this happens, you will see the runoff ec gradually rise or maybe the pots stay wet or maybe both are happening at the same time.

If not corrected then problems start to happen.

You cannot force a plant to take in more salts than you apply, therefore if not watched the salts will build up.
Each strain is different and also can very depending on the stage of growth. My always performing the 3 steps (monitoring the runoff) you can keep the plants in check.

CURRENT GROW DIARY: Lead's Grow Diary
leadsled, Jan 4, 2013

X

X23hausted

It could be a lot of different things. Being that your a new grower and your doing hydro, the most common thing I see is a pH imbalance, the easiest thing to miss and easily the most important. I would agree that your ppms are high but I have seen set ups with ppm that high and they do fine, depends on the strain. Just make sure to calibrate your pen and check it against several things that have consistent pH like your tap water and lemon juice. Otherwise these guys have covered it. Best of luck and I hope your babies do get better.

P

patrick.delta9

I change the nutes - fresh batch with 4ml/gal CalMag/ The solution was 1080ppm when it was fresh made and then 1020ppm 24 hours later.

They don't seem to be getting any better or worse and the flowers have seemed to slow down in grow a lot durning the end of week three and the beging of week 4.

I check the roots and they are bug free - I looked really good

They are still yellowing and not looking so good. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

X

X23hausted

I change the nutes - fresh batch with 4ml/gal CalMag/ The solution was 1080ppm when it was fresh made and then 1020ppm 24 hours later.

They don't seem to be getting any better or worse and the flowers have seemed to slow down in grow a lot durning the end of week three and the beging of week 4.

I check the roots and they are bug free - I looked really good

They are still yellowing and not looking so good. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

What is your pH at and how often are you watering?

P

patrick.delta9

PH is 6.0 - it is a flood and drain hydro - the table floods 8 times a day every 3 hours for 10min

X

X23hausted

6 is a good place to be, I run 5.8 but were nickel and diming at that point. 8 times a day is a bit much with rockwool and coco, both of those materials hold quite a bit of moisture, this could be part of your problem. I can't open your pictures for whatever reason but do you own Jorge Cervantes Grow Bible? There is a whole list of pictures in the back with excellent descriptions of different causes of yellowing. When I get home I will take a look at your pics and see if I can't diagnose it from sight.

P

patrick.delta9

Thanks :) I do Jorge's book and have looked through the pictures. It looks most like either nitogen or mag defiencey - thought nigtrogen was more for veg then flower so I kind of wrote that off.

The bottom leave look really nice and green it's mostly just the new growth and upper fan leaves

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

that's a pretty advanced mag deficiency - most likely caused by over feeding and causing a lockout. I'd feed half strength and use an additive with magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) also at half strength. At day 26 in flower I'm typically feeding between 750-900 PPM, I peak at 1200 around day 40.

P

patrick.delta9

Can you suggest a good additive with magnesium sulfate. I have cal/mag now and am using 4ml/gallon. How will this effect the harvest?

kushluvr

kushluvr

hey bro.....

make sure your putting the calmag in FIRST.........before anything else!

then add base nutes.......let sit for a few min...then add the rest

and make sure you dilute your ph up if u use it as well........20ml to a QT is good...

give those 2 things a try and im sure theyll pop out in a few day and stop yellowing!

simple things some forget!

cal mag and silica are first.........then base and so on..

peace

JPLord01

JPLord01

Feed your plant at about 700 to 900 ppms in flower. And one thing if you like AN use the 3 part
Micro at 7mils And bloom at 14mils and rock that for your RW. PH to 5.5 to 6.1 If your ph is gose up that is good there are eatting. And feed 4 times a day not 8 to much I feed 3 time in 6X6 hugos. And if you need Mg just ad 1 gm of epsom per gl this will add 24ppm of Mg to your mix.

JPLord01

JPLord01

My bad your on H&G I had a lot of problems with H&G GH for the win 7/14 good luck.

Top Bottom