Day 32 of flower

• Thread starter Bigdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigdog

Bigdog

Hi first time grower here I’m on day 32 of flower.
has anyone got any photos of there grow in 4x4 tent around the same stage? I’m wondering if anyone can take a guess at yield I’m likely too get from the stage I’m at now through the photos? Growing in soil, 2x1kw LED. Plants are around 15 inches tall. Grown clones I’m led too believe the strain is skittlez.
As I said this is my first grow so I’ve not really got anything too go off.
thanks

Day 32 of flower
Day 32 of flower 2
Day 32 of flower 3
Day 32 of flower 4
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
That..my friend.. is an astonishing first grow. Blows me outta the water🤣🤣 everything looks on par. Some may ask to take a non blurple pic and they may be able to help you more.
burnz

Bigdog

Bigdog

Hi, thanks that puts my mind at ease A little. For me it’s hard to visualise the end product in say 4 weeks time from now. I Thought the buds may be looking a little skinny. Hopefully they’ll fill out in the coming weeks. I don’t have an up too date photo with the led lights off I can get a few tomorrow if it helps someone.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Pretty sure you have a while before harvest. 4-5 weeks I would assume. Regular photos usually 8-9week flower. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m new as well lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Super nice work! Amazing first grow.

An average yield to figure would be 1 gram per watt. You need to know the actual output of those lights. Just a number. Too many variables to be sure but its a good number to shoot for.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Plants look great! Good job! They have a while to go, even though they look fat now. If you dried them now, they would be pretty skimpy. Buds fatten up and get most of their taste at the last weeks of flowering, when they have nothing left to give. I let the plant determine when it is time, usually a combo of trichome color, appearance of buds (start of foxtailing tells me it's time to chop, although I have gotten some huge flat hand shaped buds from foxtails), and the overall appearance of the plant, such as other colors, like purples and reds, coming thru the chlorophyll. Remember, the colors were always there, it is the disappating chlorophyll that makes them appear. Most growers try to get rid of as much chlorophyll as possible during harvest and curing and letting a plant fully finish will usually remove a lot of it for you.

Bigdog

Bigdog

Super nice work! Amazing first grow.

An average yield to figure would be 1 gram per watt. You need to know the actual output of those lights. Just a number. Too many variables to be sure but its a good number to shoot for.
I have no idea what the actual output is. Being my first grow there cheap LED so I wouldn’t expect much from them tbh

Bigdog

Bigdog

Plants look great! Good job! They have a while to go, even though they look fat now. If you dried them now, they would be pretty skimpy. Buds fatten up and get most of their taste at the last weeks of flowering, when they have nothing left to give. I let the plant determine when it is time, usually a combo of trichome color, appearance of buds (start of foxtailing tells me it's time to chop, although I have gotten some huge flat hand shaped buds from foxtails), and the overall appearance of the plant, such as other colors, like purples and reds, coming thru the chlorophyll. Remember, the colors were always there, it is the disappating chlorophyll that makes them appear. Most growers try to get rid of as much chlorophyll as possible during harvest and curing and letting a plant fully finish will usually remove a lot of it for you.
Thanks for the advice

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm with everyone else, amazing job for your first grow! That canopy is beautiful.

I apologize in advance for opening this can of worms but I tought I should mention this, some leaves look a little suspicious to me and have spots that are sometimes indicators of pests. Do you have a loupe or magnifier to inspect the undersides of the leaves?

Bigdog

Bigdog

I'm with everyone else, amazing job for your first grow! That canopy is beautiful.

I apologize in advance for opening this can of worms but I tought I should mention this, some leaves look a little suspicious to me and have spots that are sometimes indicators of pests. Do you have a loupe or magnifier to inspect the undersides of the leaves?
I do not, although I do inspect the plants all over daily visually but only with the naked eye. I suspect these pest cannot be seen without aid? Can ask what marks so I can keep a lookout?

Bigdog

Bigdog

I do not, although I do inspect the plants all over daily visually but only with the naked eye. I suspect these pest cannot be seen without aid? Can ask what marks so I can keep a lookout?
Oh and thank you for your compliments on the canopy ect. It’s good too hear it doing something right. I’ve just followed a lot of instruction from the internet up until now

Bigdog

Bigdog

Any guesses on yield? I was aiming for 20 0z before I started would this be realistic? Or am I dreaming. I know it must be hard just looking at the photos but can anyone eyeball it up?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Any guesses on yield? I was aiming for 20 0z before I started would this be realistic? Or am I dreaming. I know it must be hard just looking at the photos but can anyone eyeball it up?

That's totally realistic.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

The little pale specs on these leaves are what I'm talking about. Spider mites can cause similar looking marks, as can thrips and a couple other pests. And you might just barely be able to see a thrips with the naked eye but something like mites you'd really want a loupe.

Honestly it's hard to say with the blurple hue..
20200409 163836
20200409 163817

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Those spots DOlook a bit like insect damage. Spider mites usually have clusters of reddish spots initially, then the turn brown and if there are enough, the leaf turns necrotic and dies. The piser with mites is that weeks or months can go by without any real signs, other than the plant just seems a little "off" and maybe smaller than usual. At 60, they were too small for me to see but they were visible with a loupe or magnifying glass. Bifocals don't help much but strong reader might! Spoken like a true old coot!!

Bigdog

Bigdog

Ok I’ll be getting hold of something to take a closer look today. Anyone have any first hand experience on how to tackle these pest if there is any?

Top Bottom