Day 4 of germinating in water,help!

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Man, I’ve never left my seeds floating in water, it’s always been damp paper towel —> ziplock bag—> solo cup—> final 3gal cloth pots.
I tried a couple, they absorb water and sink in a couple hours. Just speeds up germination like soaking in wet paper towels. Personally i get near 100% with just soil.

Sativajoe

Sativajoe

I really don't get all this paper towel and soaking seeds 4 days business
I use a very sophisticated approach,,, get some very pliable soil let's say seed raising mix,, put in Solo cup or something similar,,, poke hole in soil about half inch depth, put seed in hole,, cover with soil,, water with spray bottle leave in warm environment

Madbud

Madbud

I use a very sophisticated approach,,, get some very pliable soil let's say seed raising mix,, put in Solo cup or something similar,,, poke hole in soil about half inch depth, put seed in hole,, cover with soil,, water with spray bottle leave in warm environment
Only thing i do different is cover the solo cup with plastic wrap instead of watering.

euphoria526

euphoria526

It’s just to ensure a good taproot and slightly speed up the process.
I’d rather know it’ll sprout within a day or two, than let’s say a week or more with just putting into soil.

growsince79

growsince79

How long do you wait until you decide if they failed and plat more? With paper towels you can look and see what they are doing. If they don't pop in 4 days, I lightly crack them and if nothing happens in another day or two I throw em out and start more.

Top Bottom