Day 4 of germinating in water,help!

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Man, I’ve never left my seeds floating in water, it’s always been damp paper towel —> ziplock bag—> solo cup—> final 3gal cloth pots.
I tried a couple, they absorb water and sink in a couple hours. Just speeds up germination like soaking in wet paper towels. Personally i get near 100% with just soil.

Sativajoe

Sativajoe

I really don't get all this paper towel and soaking seeds 4 days business
I use a very sophisticated approach,,, get some very pliable soil let's say seed raising mix,, put in Solo cup or something similar,,, poke hole in soil about half inch depth, put seed in hole,, cover with soil,, water with spray bottle leave in warm environment

Madbud

Madbud

I use a very sophisticated approach,,, get some very pliable soil let's say seed raising mix,, put in Solo cup or something similar,,, poke hole in soil about half inch depth, put seed in hole,, cover with soil,, water with spray bottle leave in warm environment
Only thing i do different is cover the solo cup with plastic wrap instead of watering.

euphoria526

euphoria526

It’s just to ensure a good taproot and slightly speed up the process.
I’d rather know it’ll sprout within a day or two, than let’s say a week or more with just putting into soil.

growsince79

growsince79

How long do you wait until you decide if they failed and plat more? With paper towels you can look and see what they are doing. If they don't pop in 4 days, I lightly crack them and if nothing happens in another day or two I throw em out and start more.

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Man, I’ve never left my seeds floating in water, it’s always been damp paper towel —> ziplock bag—> solo cup—> final 3gal cloth pots.
I’m never using bag pots again!! I have to constantly clean them from Hyphae Mold
growing on them and the fans blow spores around. I had to hack this huge plants to save the buds from septoria which eats your buds check it out I have to wipe them every day! The Humidity is only 55RH I put wood chips to stop the spread to soil but shit is pissing me off!!
Im selling the rest for 6$ or using them for carrying bud. but THEY SUCK ASS!! I have hacked all leaves like this or risk the whole plant and quality but that’s already compromised cus buds will suffer!! NEVER AGAIN!!

Last edited:
Aaflexy

Aaflexy

I’m never using bag pots again!! I have to constantly clean them from Hyphae Mold
growing on them and the fans blow spores around. I had to hack this huge plants to save the buds from septoria which eats your buds check it out I have to wipe them every day! The Humidity is only 55RH I put wood chips to stop the spread to soil but shit is pissing me off!!
Im selling the rest for 6$ or using them for carrying bud. but THEY SUCK ASS!! I have hacked all leaves like this or risk the whole plant and quality but that’s already compromised cus buds will suffer!! NEVER AGAIN!!
Looks like you have pest problems with those white dots , I use fabric pots and never had the issue with mold could it be your watering practices?

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Looks like you have pest problems with those white dots , I use fabric pots and never had the issue with mold could it be your watering practices?
No Pests. “Yellow spots on cannabis leaves are also known as the leaf Septoria. This condition isn't just discoloration taking its course or the age of your crop. In fact, it's an actual condition that came from fungus or bacteria.”

Ponky

Ponky

No Pests. “Yellow spots on cannabis leaves are also known as the leaf Septoria. This condition isn't just discoloration taking its course or the age of your crop. In fact, it's an actual condition that came from fungus or bacteria.”
That and the massive infestation of thrips.

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

no thrips. check out the pest tape
So like I said it’s Cloth pots!! They suck ass!!

Ponky

Ponky

All the little spots. That's where the thrips were chewing. That's why it's spotty. Leaves eventually get hard and crispy. The brown spots are the least of the concerns. Treat for thrips. Under the leaf aswell.

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Thrips or mites, not septoria. Get those bags off the floor, need airflow underneath them too. Doesn’t look like mold, more
Thrips or mites, not septoria. Get those bags off the floor, need airflow underneath them too. Doesn’t look like mold, more likely salts leaching through.
Yeh I need to get them off the floor. thx.
there are no bugs so now im confused.

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Might be bugs you cant see. scope under leaves.
I do every day and daily. I smother them. Had some before and theyr all dead now for 3 or 4 days. They all stuck to an old hanging fly thing they looked like fruit flies but I haven’t seen any for days. One plant I hacked I don’t think there’s hope but maybe cus this one I thought was sick and buds are not bad.

142C87CA 033C 4714 9BF0 89954954E9B2
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm eyeing the 83 degrees. If you can get the temp down to 73.....

Also, can I ask what strain it is? It looks like a pure Sativa? It is very leafy, did you have any light/dark interruption issues?

Top Bottom