• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

Day 40    flower day 8   my first problem   rust spots on leafs

Day 40    flower day 8   my first problem   rust spots on leafs 4

Day 40    flower day 8   my first problem   rust spots on leafs 2

So, these Skywalker Ladies are 40 days old, they have been in Flower now for 8 days...

I have ran into my first "problem,"... I have found Rust-color spots on several sets of fan leafs

I did a Google search and chalked it up to CalMg def. most likely... what are you guys thoughts? (sorry I did not take pics, I was lazy)

So I did feed them tonight and I also did defoliate a bit as well

Here is what they look like now. I will leave them alone now for a few days

Day 40    flower day 8   my first problem   rust spots on leafs 3

XxHammer

XxHammer

I tested my runoff... The pH seems good but when I tested the PPM's from the Vac it was reading at like 2000 which is insanely high, I know....

So what might be causing my runoff to be reading so high?

I tested the water I am feeding. That is coming in around 850-900 PPM

XxHammer

XxHammer

The runoff was collected HOURS after watering though... Like 6 hours later. So maybe that is what is throwing that reading.

More likely culprit CaMg deficiency? I do have some Epsom Salt at home. IF this is the remedy, how would I apply the salt?

Thank you

XxHammer

XxHammer

These spots were discovered AFTER adding Natural Organics BioThrive Bloom to my water.

I have been adding CaMg+ since Day 1 but nothing else. Had been just running FFOF soil with the CaMg

I am using RO water.

I did initially start with "Light Feeding," and moved up to "Heavy Feeding," pretty quickly due to using RO water...

Hopefully it isnt Nute burn or overload

growsince79

growsince79

These spots were discovered AFTER adding Natural Organics BioThrive Bloom to my water.

I have been adding CaMg+ since Day 1 but nothing else. Had been just running FFOF soil with the CaMg

I am using RO water.

I did initially start with "Light Feeding," and moved up to "Heavy Feeding," pretty quickly due to using RO water...

Hopefully it isnt Nute burn or overload
My guess is improper watering. Size container? Exactly how much and how often do you water? The organic in the ffof is always high. My last bag of cocoloco was over 3000. Not the same as bottled nutes. Apples and oranges.

XxHammer

XxHammer

1/2 gallon every 48 hours currently... 3.8gal pots ... I do let each pot start to runoff...

When I water I rotate between plants.. Each plant usually takes 3 rounds of watering.. I like to allow a short time for the water to absorb before starting a new "round"

Im hoping defoliation and increasing CaMg will help

growsince79

growsince79

1/2 gallon every 48 hours currently... 3.8gal pots ... I do let each pot start to runoff...

When I water I rotate between plants.. Each plant usually takes 3 rounds of watering.. I like to allow a short time for the water to absorb before starting a new "round"

Im hoping defoliation and increasing CaMg will help
Defoliation Wii help reduce water and yield. If it only takes half gallon it's because your pots are not drying out enough. They should be able to take 5;6 quarts each watering. Maybe 3-4 days.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Defoliation Wii help reduce water and yield. If it only takes half gallon it's because your pots are not drying out enough. They should be able to take 5;6 quarts each watering. Maybe 3-4 days.

You only water every 3-4 days in Flower?

I was reading some people water every single day in Flower....

I will definitely look to make sure they are drying out completely between watering but I feel like maybe that was part of the issue. The rust spots were discovered right before they were due to be fed.

They drink more in Flower than Veg, correct?

growsince79

growsince79

You only water every 3-4 days in Flower?

I was reading some people water every single day in Flower....

I will definitely look to make sure they are drying out completely between watering but I feel like maybe that was part of the issue. The rust spots were discovered right before they were due to be fed.

They drink more in Flower than Veg, correct?
Depends on what you are growing in. Soil in 3 gal is 3 days for me.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Use a scale. Water the 5gal soil to runoff. When it stops dripping weigh it on a scale. The wait until it loses around 12lbs before you water again.

I cant really do that now that they are under the Net. I mean I COULD but it would be a major pain in the ass and not an efficient and effective method. I am wanting to learn techniques that I can apply on a larger scale as well.

Wet/Dry--- this is what I have already been trying to do.... I did buy a 2nd moisture meter, this one does seem a little more accurate. I need to learn how to use it as well.

growsince79

growsince79

I cant really do that now that they are under the Net. I mean I COULD but it would be a major pain in the ass and not an efficient and effective method. I am wanting to learn techniques that I can apply on a larger scale as well.

Wet/Dry--- this is what I have already been trying to do.... I did buy a 2nd moisture meter, this one does seem a little more accurate. I need to learn how to use it as well.
Trying to be nice, but what part of dry don't you understand? Gallon of water is 8.34 lbs use a scale.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What media is this? Soil, peat, coco? And brand...All will be different if it's something like ffof don't worry about ppm of runoff so long as it's consistent and the plant are healthy.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok nets are garbage and such a newbie thing to do, though i did try it a few back and never again..
get rid of it so you can care for your plants properly first..
moisture meter unless you spent a pretty penny on it, it’s garbage, either learn by picking up the pot/bag or get a scale..

XxHammer

XxHammer

Trying to be nice, but what part of dry don't you understand? Gallon of water is 8.34 lbs use a scale.
I dont know what your statement has to do with me... I understand what dry is and never said I didnt... In fact im pretty certain it was YOU who told me to use this Net in the first place... So now you want me to take it out? All so I can lift the pots?

XxHammer

XxHammer

ok nets are garbage and such a newbie thing to do, though i did try it a few back and never again..
get rid of it so you can care for your plants properly first..
moisture meter unless you spent a pretty penny on it, it’s garbage, either learn by picking up the pot/bag or get a scale..

Thats great because I am a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom