Day 7 and First Time Grow question

• Thread starter Cannaleaf9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Hello everyone! This is my first grow. White Widow photo/fem.

I am on day 7 and hoping somebody could give me advice on how these look. I'm a little worried about the lighter green color coming through...

Day 7 and first time grow question

Day 7 and first time grow question 2

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Hey man, I’m new too but if it makes you feel better I noticed a lot of that light green color on new growth in my seedlings too. In fact I still see it on pretty much all new growth, so your seedling do look normal to me but don’t take my word for it. What kind of soil is that and what are you running for lights?

Edit: Here's one of mine from around the same time...
Tent020

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Hey man, I’m new too but if it makes you feel better I noticed a lot of that light green color on new growth in my seedlings too. In fact I still see it on pretty much all new growth, so your seedling do look normal to me button nut don’t take my word for it. What kind of soil is that and what are you running for lights?
Hey bro thanks for the reply. This is a mix of Fox Farm Hp and Of with perlite. I have the sp3000 mars hydro light dimmed down to 30% at 18 inches away.

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

How tall from bottom of leaves to soil? Seems leggy but could be the angle of photo.
Giving straight water right?
2.5 " from soil to bottom of leaves. I give R/O water. I did add a small amount of silica and recharge a couple days ago but very small amount. Under the recommendations.

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Hey man, I’m new too but if it makes you feel better I noticed a lot of that light green color on new growth in my seedlings too. In fact I still see it on pretty much all new growth, so your seedling do look normal to me but don’t take my word for it. What kind of soil is that and what are you running for lights?

Edit: Here's one of mine from around the same time...
View attachment 1148162
And she ended up being ok? Did you do anything to correct that or just let her grow?

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Quick update: Soil ph is sitting at 7 so this looks like it could be an iron deficiency. New leaves are turning yellow and iron uptake is minimal at 7 ph. I'll ph adjust next water to 6.0 with a cal-mag supplement which has some iron and see what happens

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Keep under 10k lux.

In soil you need to make sure you are not over watering.

Temps around 80f and Rh around 65% is ideal but not a must.

I think you maybe are just giving a bit to much light and slightly over watering.

This may help explain how to water and the mechanics behind it.

JustGrowWithIt

JustGrowWithIt

Keep under 10k lux.

I think you maybe are just giving a bit to much light and slightly over watering.

I would definitely listen to this farmer.
They are literally a library of information. Though I thought cannaleaf might have had lights too far or dim. I was thinking looked a bit leggy but could be camera angle.
I like short and squaty plants at the beginning of my grow 🤪

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Keep under 10k lux.

Thanks for the info!

I do agree and think I overwatered a bit (newbie mistake). I'm going to let it dry completely and water with 6.0-6.3 ph next time.

I did read that overwatering is a common mistake and iron deficiency can be a result.

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Keep under 10k lux.

You have the screen facing the light?

And are you using the exact app I linked?
I did have the screen facing the light.

Im using this app bc i have apple

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did have the screen facing the light.

Im using this app bc i have apple
I think someone else used that and I don't think it's accurate at all.

Try this one maybe? Idk iPhone eeew lol.

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Ha! lol. Ok so I downloaded that app. I'm getting 3700 lux under full spectrum LED.
I think someone else used that and I don't think it's accurate at all.

Try this one maybe? Idk iPhone eeew lol.

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Here is a link to the light I have...

The manufacturer uses PPFD as a measurement. So when I set up the light, I put it at 18 inches above with an intensity of 25-30%. This gives me approx. 250 umol.

Using this link, https://www.waveformlighting.com/horticulture/convert-lux-to-ppfd-online-calculator, which factors in lux and the type of light i'm using, I get about 250 umol when I put in 10,000 lux for a calculation.

So, 10k to 15k lux with a full spectrum LED light gets me 250 to 385 umol.

I'm getting average 300 umol or 12k lux with the light set up I have now. (18" distance)

Top Bottom