Dazed and confused

• Thread starter sextornado
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tank333

Tank333

@ tank, where can i grab some nirvana? This trial run was a disaster.... any tips for the nirvana? I got hyponex potting soil and a 250W infrared lamp

Haha. Nirvana's an online store. Www.nirvanashop.com. You can order a whole bunch of different strains there.

As for the lamp, I'm not sure if that's gonna be something that'll work... I've never heard of using an infrared lamp before...

S

sextornado

@ motherlode... checked the roots not attached to any seed. At week two should it still be? As for the one that SEEMS to be growing alright... I mist it with water twice a day and water the soil every 4 days. Is this enough for the lamp I'm using? I was afraid of damaging the leaves so i have it placed in a clear plastic container and have the light pass thru this first. the top of the container is completely open so theres no air blockage. Should I have it directly on the plant?

soserthc1

soserthc1

oh my you are growing my lawn for next year, do yourself a favor - go buy a book jorge cortevers cannabis bible its called read it , it gives you step by step directions on everything, and 14 hrs of light is no where near enough to begin with need at least 18 on 6 off until you flip - which im sure you have no idea what that means but read the book buy some good seeds - from this forum of course (free plug logic) and start over,,, but thanks for the laugh ........peace

S

sextornado

lmao... its a store, wow im slow. Im checkin it out now, thinking about the papaya. Hopefully works out better than this garbage now... i will post pix if it works out

convex

convex

Tell us more about your lamp ... are you sure it is a grow bulb?
Or is this an infrared sauna or perhaps reptile bulb??

try the THCBay link here for seeds

Cheers

Tank333

Tank333

We also considered the Papaya when we were ordering. I don't remember why we didn't get it though... lol

convex

convex

There are some seed vendors out there that are less than on the level ...

Breeders complain that they are inbreeding thier seeds and selling them as the breeders work - do some homework before dealing with any vendor to ensure you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

S

sextornado

@ soserthc1 lol... i do great lawn work for you half price. Ill snatch up that book thanx man.

@ convex, as far as the bulb goes all i know is its a infrared and 250 W and gives off ALOT of heat... my arm burns when i go to mist the plants. Im pretty sure its not a grow bulb i found it in my garage from some moving boxes.

@ tank, Im gonna order at least three types, Northern Lights makes the list still debating on number 3

convex

convex

Chuck that light immediately, it is not for growing.

Might want to check the FAQ's here to inform yourself on what you need to grow.
You have jumped in with both feet without any real knowledge of the plants needs, or what a canna seed looks like.

Cheers

Tank333

Tank333

There are some seed vendors out there that are less than on the level ...

Breeders complain that they are inbreeding thier seeds and selling them as the breeders work - do some homework before dealing with any vendor to ensure you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

Are you knockin' Nirvana here, or is this just a general "buyer beware"? Cause I've never had any problems with Nirvana, and they come pretty highly recommended by my previous board site, Growery.org.

Granted, I've never had the chance to flower, and I've only grown ready-to-flower plants and clones for a couple months now. To me at this point, beans are beans. Femmed is good, but as long as it gets me the xp, I'm not too picky. Once I've got a few years under my belt, and I'm more than just someone with a burning desire to grow great meds, its just not worth it to be too very picky.

Got some good sites you'd recommend?

~Tank

convex

convex

Take it as a general buyer beware, remember you are dealing with black/grey area transactions for most of the world, and folks take advantage of that.
Caveat emptor!!

As far as Gypsy's site is concerned, do a few net searches and breeder feedback and draw your own conclusions.

As far as suggesting other sites, well ... this is a vendor site, it would be in poor taste to start recommending competitors.

Cheers

S

sextornado

hey convex, turns out that the light is my mother-in-laws. its a spot clamp grow light. She use to grow vegies with it, (tomatoes, bell peppers, etc). Is this a good choice for me or should i go with something else

convex

convex

hey convex, turns out that the light is my mother-in-laws. its a spot clamp grow light. She use to grow vegies with it, (tomatoes, bell peppers, etc). Is this a good choice for me or should i go with something else

Really, I have no idea what light you have, therefore really can't comment.
You originally said it was an infrared lamp, not sure what you have.

I did try and give you a few nuggets of info (re: read the faq's; research your vendor/breeder) but I will grab you by the hand one last time ...

Examine your bulb or ballast (does this unit even use a ballast?) there will be numbers, branding or some sort of an identifier.

Use your favourite search engine and research what you have.
Compare this lamp to the recommendations in the FAQ's lamp section.
Does it resemble any of the recommendations?
Is it rated for growth?

Armed with this info you will be able to decide for yourself if it is suitable or better compose a question here about it.

I know this sounds a bit dickish, but you HAVE to be able to think for yourself, at least with the basics ...

Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom