DD's MPB Bucket system...

• Thread starter crossouttheiis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushpheen

I've used the [drip emitter]edit hose in beds with great results, i took these 3 precautions to make sure I didn't get clogs
1-pump inside a filter bag
2-prefilter
3-drip clean by house&garden

Never had a problem with clogging....

I made a mistake, its actually 'drip emitter tubing' I use, not soaker hose, they are very different. Sorry about any confusion.....

C

crossouttheiis

Well some good and bad news. I have compiled everything minus the bucket system itself. the reason for this is because I have a new room dimension that I will be using. I have a 15 x 18 room that I will be using. Im still trying to figure out the right spacing for the right amount of plants... I can use up to about 12k watts total for lights. I have an extra area outside of that, that I will house the ballasts and reservoir. I was thinking I could run eight comfortably, Do you think I could run ten? If I ran it like this???

oxoxo
xoxox
oxoxo
xoxox

o= plants
x= light

40 inch centers would mean 120'' by 80"" or 12 by 6.6 but given moving buckets back because of growth 18 by 15 would be enough?

L

Lost

update..d'oh...the soaker hose did clog as an air source.don't whether it was because the high blow 80 pup is not a compressor like the thomas..which ran soaker hose without clogging..all i know is i have had no air all run..
serious airstones ordered

Im back to looking for good airstones or diffusers. Imm not getting enough bubbles out of the soaker tubing. While mine is not clogging, its not cranking out the bubbles. Im going to redesign my tubs with some sort of better air dissusion. Anyone know if those Ario diffusers stand the test of time?

JK - Do you have a link for that diffuser tubing?

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Well some good and bad news. I have compiled everything minus the bucket system itself. the reason for this is because I have a new room dimension that I will be using. I have a 15 x 18 room that I will be using. Im still trying to figure out the right spacing for the right amount of plants... I can use up to about 12k watts total for lights. I have an extra area outside of that, that I will house the ballasts and reservoir. I was thinking I could run eight comfortably, Do you think I could run ten? If I ran it like this???

oxoxo
xoxox
oxoxo
xoxox

o= plants
x= light

40 inch centers would mean 120'' by 80"" or 12 by 6.6 but given moving buckets back because of growth 18 by 15 would be enough?

View attachment 65888
4 plants with 4 lights
two more lights and the rest of the plants could have 3 lights.
:icon_spin:

J

Jalisco Kid

Alita.com
It is used in the shit reclaim industry,tested and has the good housekeeping approval.

C

crossouttheiis

View attachment 65888
4 plants with 4 lights
two more lights and the rest of the plants could have 3 lights.

I guess my fear is running around of room? 12 plants? do you think there is enough space though to move the plants back a little as they grow? it looks like you have 4 ft centers on the side? it seems like that diagram would be pretty crowded.

IF the soaker hose doesnt work what air stones would work without falling apart?

squarepusher

squarepusher

Im back to looking for good airstones or diffusers. Imm not getting enough bubbles out of the soaker tubing. While mine is not clogging, its not cranking out the bubbles. Im going to redesign my tubs with some sort of better air dissusion. Anyone know if those Ario diffusers stand the test of time?

JK - Do you have a link for that diffuser tubing?

how about the ceramic ones?

21qTCecgy%2BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Bubbler-Air-Stone-6-in/dp/B0002566VK

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

I guess my fear is running around of room? 12 plants? do you think there is enough space though to move the plants back a little as they grow? it looks like you have 4 ft centers on the side? it seems like that diagram would be pretty crowded.
QUOTE]

This is DoubleDs spacing for G13. Just depends on how big your plants are going to get.

B

brookstown

about a year ago I lost 4months rent $(12,000), a whole harvest and about 5gs in electricity because I didnt buy a $500 dollar chiller. I would rather be turned into a tranny than go through that again

lol you a fool dawg

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Hey JK which type of diffuser hose do you recommend, they have so many choices at alita.

N

noone88

Aren't people obsessing over the airstones a bit too much? An airstone alone doesn't add enough oxygen to the nutrient solution. The main reason why these RDWC works so well is the waterfall effect which is the best way to aerate the water (any fish/koi pond utilizes waterfall setups to aerate the water) and the airstone placed right under the roots allows for maximum oxygen intake for the roots when the air bubble makes contact with the roots.

Y

YoungDro

Aren't people obsessing over the airstones a bit too much? An airstone alone doesn't add enough oxygen to the nutrient solution. The main reason why these RDWC works so well is the waterfall effect which is the best way to aerate the water (any fish/koi pond utilizes waterfall setups to aerate the water) and the airstone placed right under the roots allows for maximum oxygen intake for the roots when the air bubble makes contact with the roots.

wow 280 Watt air pump for $100--thats like the same as the hi blow 80 for $250 cheaper, f it just buy 100 airstones for $100 bucks and once their done throw em out the window, check em everyday

----LOOK!

R

RMCG

wow 280 Watt air pump for $100--thats like the same as the hi blow 80 for $250 cheaper, f it just buy 100 airstones for $100 bucks and once their done throw em out the window, check em everyday

----LOOK!

Those are junk.

M

mrdizzle

the loudest, hottest running air pumps I have ever seen.

noone88 hit the nail on the head

Top Bottom