DD's MPD 30X30 Space Input Appreciated

• Thread starter socalsinner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Thanks Wid. I was actually not planning on using reflectors. I will post the dimensions of the Res's in a few mins. Wifey killing me hehe. I bought 10 res's today 12.00 with lids. Res's are 29 length X 20 width. 22 gallon capacity. Heavy duty construction. I need some input on how many plants are recommended. I have 12 600's and 6 1000 maybe have access to 8 1000's. I have wiggle room on the size of the room. Any input on what optimal setup would be with the lights I have.

Those are the 27 gallon ones most of us cheap bastards use. They work great :) That 12 plant grid widowmaker made looks great to me!

S

socalsinner

Thanks Lost... for the compliment I mean lol seriously tho thanks for the input. I'll be going with 10 plants . I think 6 1000's and 12 600's is my max on lights. What do you think about the amount of lights? Think I should go to 6 or 7 plants for 13200 watts? What manifold did you find works best ? I bought 6 stanley hi vlocity blowers for some of the lights. $49.00 each free shipping! Im think Air cooled for the 600's in cool tubes and cool tubes for the 1000's but no air cooling just the fans blowing up the hot air. I bought the Hiblow80. Dont I need a manifold for 20 airstones - 10 plants 2 each or do I use an barbbed T on the air stone to put two per res?

S

socalsinner

Almost done with equipment MPD DD's

Some pics of my Equipment so far...

Ac
Hi blow80
Fittings
27 gallon strongbox
S

socalsinner

Widow Help please! lol

View attachment 67536
This is DDs type layout for 40" stem to stem for G13. Doing light & plant layouts for fun. Don't know about pumbing the MPB or A/C needs.
:icon_spin:

Hi Wid. Can you do me one more big favor. My room ended up being 18 X 24 space with my AC dead center. Im thinking 8-9 plants. with 12 600's and 6 1000's i thought maybe.... X's are the plants,6=600watt,1=1000
Cool tubes on the 600's. hi power floor blowers under 1000's
.................AC.....................
.............. 6 6....................
.............6X X6..................
...............1 1.....................
.............6X X6....................
...............1 1...................
.............6X X6...................
...............1 1.....................
.............6X X6...................
...............6 6.....................

J

Jalisco Kid

Unless you live in the frozen tundra I would get more a/c. Trees like to chill. JK

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I agree with JK.
I am getting ready to fire up a 4 plant 5 light setup.
With 2.5 ton split A\C. I still may need more also.
IMO I would rather use A\C to cool the room then cool tubes. \
Seem's the heat from the bulb's should help burn off some humidity.
When i vented my current grow room hoods. I all of a sudden had major humidity issues. And had to use a dehuey. And before they were vented I almost needed a huey.

S

socalsinner

I agree with JK.
I am getting ready to fire up a 4 plant 5 light setup.
With 2.5 ton split A\C. I still may need more also.
IMO I would rather use A\C to cool the room then cool tubes. \
Seem's the heat from the bulb's should help burn off some humidity.
When i vented my current grow room hoods. I all of a sudden had major humidity issues. And had to use a dehuey. And before they were vented I almost needed a huey.

Thanks Boss and JK. Actually I live in Alaska... Thats a picture below of me enjoying the weather lol. Yeah after getting comments and thinking over previous Horizontal lighting runs I think its best to bring it down a notch. Im gonna try 6 kids with 10,000 watts but Im gonna air cool 5400 watts (the 600's). and try to air cool the 1000's. Im thinking of putting my 600's on the outside of my rows and placing them even with my plants but on a 2X12... turned sligtly to avoid all the bends needed on cool tubes. Put the 5 High Power Floor Blowers under the 1000's too and try to cool them with air also. My buddy is gonna help me with My split and create a manifold to pump the AC air over the top of the entire canopy. Maybe my two crappy portable AC's can handle any extra cooling I need to I can afford a bigger Split 5 ton maybe.? 1= 1000, O = Kids, 6= 600's
.........AC..........
...... 6 6.......
......6O O6.......
....... 1 1.......
......6O O6.......
........1 1........
......6O O6........

Snow
M

mrdizzle

the two 1000w sitting next to each other, its a sin to have them right next to each other with no plant inbetween

M

mcattak

socal,

Just started my first 24k 15 bucket mpb system..
I am a first time DWC anything, my previous shows were dripping into rockwool..my trees are huge at 3 weeks into flower and have not had any problems (knock on wood) thanks to the information on this site..Been lurking for a while.. This system is fantastic if you have the $ to invest..
-The 27 gallon tough boxes each will hold about 20 gallons, so if you have 10 you will probably need a 250 or 300 gallon reservoir and chiller to match...
-I did buy a big chiller and keep my water at 64 lights off 66 lights on and assume that the 66 degree water has some cooling effect on the room...
-Living in so cal I use a minimum of 5000 btu per 1000k, guess you could probably get away with a little less living in alaska..
-Drilling the 1/2" intake on the opposite side of the bucket from me 3 3/4" returns with the airstones on the intake side..The roots definitely prefer the side of the buckets with airstones thus avoiding clogging the returns..
-500 gph each bucket is the minimum..

Good luck to you and a big thanks to all the members for sharing all there information

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Hate to side bust but what AC split is everyone going to go with? What is the best unit out there for our apps? And how many btu's per kw if we assume it isn't in the cool tube?

N

noone88

Mini splits max out at 3 ton. You can install multiple units or try something from excelair.ca (or any residential AC unit).

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Just keep in mind that portables are energy sucker's.
Depending on size and you're electric rates it will cost 200-300$ per unit

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah the portables are almost not worth the juice they pull. I figure a house unit should cost less than a couple mini splits.So i read its 4000btu per 1kw.

Found this also with dd suggesting a mini.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use a york cz60(scroll compressor) with a variable speed air handler. I live by the ocean so rarely do I have to deal with outside temps over 85*. For about 15K
4k btu/1kw 5K/1kw for temps above 85* or if you are growing kushes or burning for co2
JK

M

mcattak

JK,

Much respect..Can you tell me why you mentioned kushes specifically in post #34..I run 4800btu per 1k with the kush..

Thanks

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Most house hold units swap the air.
Witch is not good for a closed room.
I could be wrong.
Anyone please correct me if I am.

L

Lost

I believe my house a/c (5 ton) is just like a huge mini split with the air handler in my attic. I think?

N

noone88

Lost: Yep. Instead of having a small unit that is wall mountable, the air handler is a huge unit. The cold air is ducted throughout the house. The return brings in air for cooling.

Same concept though as a mini split.

S

socalsinner

I use a york cz60(scroll compressor) with a variable speed air handler. I live by the ocean so rarely do I have to deal with outside temps over 85*. For about 15K
4k btu/1kw 5K/1kw for temps above 85* or if you are growing kushes or burning for co2
JK

I llive by the Ocean too gotta love the temps not to mention the other benefits..... bikinis :) . Thanks for all the comments guys. First run will be with Mt Cooks veged for 7 weeks uggh didnt actually intend to veg them that long.... They were topped and pruned eary on . Hope I dont get lost in my own jungle.... Found my 1 inch washers in a plumbing place but I might have to cut out my own 1 inch... cant seem to find them .. gonna try these one inch rings I found. Thanks guys

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Now I know.
I have the HVAC guy here. He is hooking up my AC lines and vacuuming them. 400$. OUch

Top Bottom