De Bulbs Frying Plants!

• Thread starter Chrondondalae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Anyone have problems switching over to double end bulbs and frying plants?

I went from AAW's to Nano's with an Impulse bulb. I set the Nano's @ 600 5 feet above the canopy to acclimate the plants to the new lights. After day one they started drooping. Day 2 started curling and to shit from there. I've given it a week and things continually get worse. I'm feeding my usual H16 routine in coco. My plants usually double in size at this time now there freakin dying. Honestly never had anything remotely close to this happen in 15 years. I've tried eveything to upping the nutes, flushing, checker boarding lights on/off. I'm stumped. I even brought some healthy plants from veg in and same thing happened, within 2-3 days shit. keeping the rf at 65 temps 78f. Plant are barely drinking at this point. I have plenty of AC. Shit is usally dialed in this room, last round was 2.4 per.

These Impulse bulbs are seriously red turned down to 600. Wondering if the spectrum is f ing things up. About to switch back to adjust a wings if things don't turn around. This has made me ? so many aspects of my system. Just totally baffled at this point.

Any feedback from peeps with experience in the DE department would be greatly appreciated!!!

half baked

half baked

I use gavita and they have a double ended bulbs but I've never experienced what your saying, you got any pics bro, and do you have one of those laser heat pens to see what the canopy heat is at?

T

toquer

Need to get that temp down. Get a laser gun and read your soil temp and ground temp. The lights heat up that surface with the IR they put out. That's transferring to the soil and then inside the plant and it's so warm and stuffy in the room the moisture can't escape the plant.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Thanks for the responses! Yea, I need to start checking leaf surface temp. Switched back to aaw's and everything is back on point.

I get the heat issue but these lights @ 600 checker boarded on/off were putting out 20% the lumens then the veg tables the plants originally came from with wings. Something is off here. I've got 5 tons of AC for every 10 lights in this room.

Trying to get things figured out with these ballasts. They are the Nanolux separate DE ballasts. Sounds like the distributer that I got them from(nickle city wholesale) had them boxed/labeled for themselves in China and Nanolux isn't warrantying them. Finding this all out after the fact. It also sounds like monster gardens is having some issues with Nano on the first batch of Nano DE separate ballasts.

sixstring

sixstring

Your enviro sounds fine.never heard of that bulb but i think you might be on to something with that theory on dimming and spectrum change.why not try them at 100%.couple months ago i started running some gavita 750de set @820w and the only thing i noticed is the plants need a bit more food and water.my temps aint perfect @76 to 78f and 30 to 40%rh.and im bringing veggers from t5 right under those gavitas @ 24in or less above canopy so idk what to think other than spectrum.gl

Toaster79

Toaster79

These Impulse bulbs are seriously red turned down to 600. Wondering if the spectrum is f ing things up.

You've answered your question already. It's not the spectrum efing thing up, it's the lack of it. Your bulbs are puting out nothing but heat and some red spectrum which is waming your plants and medium, like mentioned already. But, there's lack of the spectrum below red part to allow photosynthesis to occur. Now your plants aren't eating and transpiring, leading them to turn into Pringles.

Crank up those ligts!

Keep it green.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

You've answered your question already. It's not the spectrum efing thing up, it's the lack of it. Your bulbs are puting out nothing but heat and some red spectrum which is waming your plants and medium, like mentioned already. But, there's lack of the spectrum below red part to allow photosynthesis to occur. Now your plants aren't eating and transpiring, leading them to turn into Pringles.

Crank up those ligts!

Keep it green.

Pringles indeed! I think you got it. Don't know if the ballast/bulb combo I was running added to it but it was very red at 600. Way more so than any ballast I've seen turned all the way down.

N

Nickracer9

I would say the spectrum change has stressed them out. I just moved some healthy plants over from my led veg room to my flower room and I think they are doing the same thing yours are. Some sort of shock. Seen it last a couple weeks too!

Offdarips

Offdarips

I was talking with some people at the store that sell DE lights & they say you have to the lights on 6.5ft to 7.5ft centers if not it will cause the light bleaching. Iam currently running 16 Epaps in a 25x25 room, Iam going to take 4 lights out and space the other ones on 7 ft centers. Will let you know how it goes.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I was talking with some people at the store that sell DE lights & they say you have to the lights on 6.5ft to 7.5ft centers if not it will cause the light bleaching. Iam currently running 16 Epaps in a 25x25 room, Iam going to take 4 lights out and space the other ones on 7 ft centers. Will let you know how it goes.

I totally disagree with that! I have a room with 8 epaps, and some vert 1k's and I have the epaps 5 foot on center, and they are 36-40"" away from the tops and I am seeing nothing but healthy plants. My other big room is 20 Nanolux DE's and I have those 5.5 on center at 40-48" above the canopy. And I'm about to add another fixture per row so I can drop it down to 5' on center.

Offdarips

Offdarips

Here's what's happening while vegging under the Epaps. Then when we veg in another room with MH bulbs & move them in the epap room everything was fine.

Top Bottom