De Bulbs Frying Plants!

• Thread starter Chrondondalae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I had to lower some of my lights down to 600 for a bit because of heat issues with leafs burning up. Yet after I sat back n thought of the solution I simply vented more air out of room but my lung room is like 3 times the size of my flower room now I am back to 78 degrees an down to 60's light out. Yet I still have some, well a lot of leaf burn with some deficiencies I am sure. Still need to add Co2 that I believe will cure most of my problems. I am running 8 1000 de lights over 12 3x3 trays with 9 2gallon pots plants averaging 4 to 5 feet. Plus I need that gavita controller, that might really help? My lights are about 24 inches off of canopy. The trays are two rows 6 each cram next to each other an lights are ran end to end 4 to a row an light coverage is great, trays are now kicking out 2.5lb an looks better for those trays that only know de lights! I feel blessed I am tickle pink.

Offdarips

Offdarips

Update
Looks like the burning on the leaves have stop. Since then we have raised our lights & lower our feed EC to 1.5 along with lowering our Ac temps. Trees are looking better but still have issues with EC 2.8 runoff ph 5.6 we have done several flushs with fulvic & budswell. Should we do a major one time flush until we get the ph up & EC down to 1.4 or should we just keep lowering our feed going in everyday? Tree are not showing any signs of deficiency, but buds are growing slow.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I had to lower some of my lights down to 600 for a bit because of heat issues with leafs burning up. Yet after I sat back n thought of the solution I simply vented more air out of room but my lung room is like 3 times the size of my flower room now I am back to 78 degrees an down to 60's light out. Yet I still have some, well a lot of leaf burn with some deficiencies I am sure. Still need to add Co2 that I believe will cure most of my problems. I am running 8 1000 de lights over 12 3x3 trays with 9 2gallon pots plants averaging 4 to 5 feet. Plus I need that gavita controller, that might really help? My lights are about 24 inches off of canopy. The trays are two rows 6 each cram next to each other an lights are ran end to end 4 to a row an light coverage is great, trays are now kicking out 2.5lb an looks better for those trays that only know de lights! I feel blessed I am tickle pink.
adding co2 wont cure any of your problem, co2 will only accelerate any already occuring problems...

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

adding co2 wont cure any of your problem, co2 will only accelerate any already occuring problems...

Well I guess it could but I know it feels better overall at least with temps an humidity so I'm guessing its better for the plants?
Yet the burn issue has not effected buds at all, in fact younger ingoing plants don't seem to have the issues but yet again they sit lower then the older sisters that are attempting to reach for the lights. If you are saying that the girls will grow quicker with added Co2 then I would agree, but that is the nature of it all. Yet again I have never been here at this scale so I'm more then sure I will figure things out in the end.

Running ppm of 1500 an ph of 5.8 using a altered Lucas system I have came up with, it worked just fine with lower plant numbers, now I'm thinking that would be a part of my problem?

Ps is foxtails a heat issue alone???

sixstring

sixstring

foxtails could be heat,could be too much nitrogen too late in flower,could be just the strain.i have had co2 make some of my strains foxtail also,like the plants right next to the source of co2

Offdarips

Offdarips

Here's what my problem was why my trees were burning up, our EC was to high which what caused it to burn up by week 5 of flower do to the fact trees couldn't transpire.

Joe Fresh answer in another thread

you must remember, the more intense the light, the more water and less nutes the plants will want to drink, so over time the nutes will concentrate themselves because the plants will be drinking more water and the salts will continuously build up, until the plant can no longer transpire correctly...

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Here's what my problem was why my trees were burning up, our EC was to high which what caused it to burn up by week 5 of flower do to the fact trees couldn't transpire.

Joe Fresh answer in another thread

you must remember, the more intense the light, the more water and less nutes the plants will want to drink, so over time the nutes will concentrate themselves because the plants will be drinking more water and the salts will continuously build up, until the plant can no longer transpire correctly...

I can see that, thanks I was planning on trying Jacks which would lower my ppm by 600 or so I assume. Have not had foxtail issues this wide spread before the new lights. Using Lucas but its time to step that up, why not adding in my automated watering system this week hopefully. Wondering if draining to waste or just a continuous feed either way plumbing is there already just need to pick up 250 gallon totes at shop now n a good pump.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Love harbor freight! Still, likely think that is too much pressure? I set up trays with a 1/2 extension on drains n planning just to drip or slow stream on opposite side on a slight tilt towards drain, thinking either recirculate or drain to waste, guess have to make a decision soon, lol! Using coco in 2 gallon pots 9 to a 3' trays. Never used a recirculation system not sure if its a good idea or not.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Does anyone or can one use the gavita master controller EL2 with the titan control Helios's? Someone at the hydro shop stated they would not work together, l'm wondering why wouldn't they? The EL2 is tethered together via USB why would it matter how or where the ballast receive power from.

8 gavita's being powered by 2 Helios 240v 4 light boxes, I do not see how running a gavita master controller the EL2 would not work?

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

foxtails could be heat,could be too much nitrogen too late in flower,could be just the strain.i have had co2 make some of my strains foxtail also,like the plants right next to the source of co2

I ignored the part about late in flower, with this setup I run 12 trays 12 weeks each, Kush cheese mainly with some critical kush n now the purple passion will be going in n next up is either blue dream or NL5xhaze (sensei seed really can't wait for that). Its the kush cheese with fox tail issues, n if memory serves it is consider a 10 week plant but could not imagine that should be n issue at all. Ran the kush cheese up to 14 weeks in old setup with no problems outside of really good smell n taste!

sixstring

sixstring

Seen alot of dif cheese get foxtails i think it kinda comes with the strain.but yeah if i take my 8 wk masterkush to 10 it will get foxtails also.

T

toquer

Does anyone or can one use the gavita master controller EL2 with the titan control Helios's? Someone at the hydro shop stated they would not work together, l'm wondering why wouldn't they? The EL2 is tethered together via USB why would it matter how or where the ballast receive power from.

8 gavita's being powered by 2 Helios 240v 4 light boxes, I do not see how running a gavita master controller the EL2 would not work?
The EL2 controls the ballast but does not cut the power. The Titan controllers cut the power.
If you cut the power to the gavitas then the EL2 will error as there are no ballasts connected to it.
The Titan controllers would need to be always on.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Seen alot of dif cheese get foxtails i think it kinda comes with the strain.but yeah if i take my 8 wk masterkush to 10 it will get foxtails also.

Yea, that might be a problem, even though if I been cloning the same line aggressively for over 3 years now maybe it is showing signs of age? Yet the kushncheese by dinafem has been a cash cow for me, can not complain, it was a freebie!

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

The EL2 controls the ballast but does not cut the power. The Titan controllers cut the power.
If you cut the power to the gavitas then the EL2 will error as there are no ballasts connected to it.

Yea, that is what l thought, should work just fine. Did not want to do more wiring, pass that stage of construction.

sixstring

sixstring

this is not the case with my el2 and the 6/750 flex i run.i have 4 750 wired to the el2 and 3 of them have full time power the 4th is on a outlet that runs off a timer with all my other lights and i dont have any issues with faults.all i can figure is the el2 must know the difference between a reaql power failure and the power being turned off.i thought for sure this would be an issue but i been running it this way for months.and the el2 is working right because we recently lost power twice and it showed on my el2 both times.so idk :)

S

Samadhi

Anyone have problems switching over to double end bulbs and frying plants?

I went from AAW's to Nano's with an Impulse bulb. I set the Nano's @ 600 5 feet above the canopy to acclimate the plants to the new lights. After day one they started drooping. Day 2 started curling and to shit from there. I've given it a week and things continually get worse. I'm feeding my usual H16 routine in coco. My plants usually double in size at this time now there freakin dying. Honestly never had anything remotely close to this happen in 15 years. I've tried eveything to upping the nutes, flushing, checker boarding lights on/off. I'm stumped. I even brought some healthy plants from veg in and same thing happened, within 2-3 days shit. keeping the rf at 65 temps 78f. Plant are barely drinking at this point. I have plenty of AC. Shit is usally dialed in this room, last round was 2.4 per.

These Impulse bulbs are seriously red turned down to 600. Wondering if the spectrum is f ing things up. About to switch back to adjust a wings if things don't turn around. This has made me ? so many aspects of my system. Just totally baffled at this point.

Any feedback from peeps with experience in the DE department would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey man! Did you ever figure out the issue? I'm having the EXACT same problem with the exact same lights and I'm pulling my hair out with a lot of sleepless nights. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dennis001

dennis001

Let me tell you why such things happen again and again.
QQ20160202121624

Above spectrum is 1000w DE on your market, it contain much IR which will cause heat.
Our de spectrum

And this spectrum is real high PAR DE which contain more red but lower IR.

That's the truth someone don't willing to tell you.

Top Bottom