Dear Cannabis Breeders,Pay attention please:

• Thread starter Satica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skunkenstein

Hell,I'd just like to see an updated photo for once!! Some of the sites have been running the same pix since the strain was created..and its a macro of the main cola top bud..I would like to see some structure of the whole plant! Or they will just have a photo of some random strain as a stand in..High times magazine is famous for that!!

E

edux10

i always like the Marc Emery Direct Seed Catalog that was in the front of every Cannabis Culture. That thing was a great resource, even tho it lacked pictures.

Yes it is sad that when you see a seed listing for something that sounds really nice, you click the link and the description just says what the seed listing was called. Oh well, breeders will learn when their shit dont sell, and if it sells with no description then it must be something really dank and props to them.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I have heard from Breeders, true breeders, that bringing a true breed takes years.

Even a simple hybrid needs a lot of attention and time to be released as a seed. Months after month and weeks after week you put your effort to produce some special beans for us.

I am sure most of you pay attention to the every minutia to deliver a good bean .I do not even need to talk about the difficulties you need to overcome to release a decent batch of seeds.

So if what I said is true and you have spent years or at least months to produce seed then please spend a few hours more and Write some firsthand information about the jewelry you have prepared for us.

I'm just saying F1s don't take long. F3s and beyond may be what you are looking for. I really think though, like with animals and people that if you inbreed there will be some health issues or weaknesses. Also wonder if I got some killer shit that Bubba down the street has been growing for years but has no clue what it is and I breed it with some Abusive or something. What would you expect in that case? Some things even the breeders themselves wouldn't be able to tell you "secret genetics". I do think a good photo is not to much to ask for but I am sure you will get a lot of F1s on here that will never be grown by the breeder and you can be the one to describe it. Peace:animbong:

S

Satica

Hell,I'd just like to see an updated photo for once!! Some of the sites have been running the same pix since the strain was created..and its a macro of the main cola top bud..I would like to see some structure of the whole plant! Or they will just have a photo of some random strain as a stand in..High times magazine is famous for that!!

Thank you, finally somebody got what i said. The problem is that all the breeders that Answered my Post are from the group that don’t even need to read my post. They do what they should do .

Don’t take me wrong, I found this website and this huge amount of information amazing. It is a complaint more suitable for big seed companies that already captured a good piece of market and leave their customers on their own.

Breeders here are responsible for every seed they sell but is it the case for other breeders also?

Is just a close-up shot of plant's top cola enough for us.

my complaint began when I decided to keep a Mother plant called Nirvana special(hybrid of jock horror and a strain from Oaxaca Mexico).it has been around for a while but if you search internet you just find 2 grow reports that none of them is in hydroponics.

So if you are from the group of responsible breeders, then this is not the thread for you. Though I always like to think that
"The customer is always right" even if I am not the customer. It has helped me a lot in my job.

S

Satica

I'm just saying F1s don't take long. F3s and beyond may be what you are looking for. I really think though, like with animals and people that if you inbreed there will be some health issues or weaknesses. Also wonder if I got some killer shit that Bubba down the street has been growing for years but has no clue what it is and I breed it with some Abusive or something. What would you expect in that case? Some things even the breeders themselves wouldn't be able to tell you "secret genetics". I do think a good photo is not to much to ask for but I am sure you will get a lot of F1s on here that will never be grown by the breeder and you can be the one to describe it. Peace:animbong:

You are right a good photo (not an artistic one) says a lot

0MEGA

you really never know what you will get with a genepool thats thousands of years old.
You should always assume your plant will smell . regardless if it does or not your saftey at risk without a carbon filter. or something else that gets rid of odor.
you cant expect them to flower out 1000s and specify phenos with laws we have.
they do what they can and we do what we can to keep eachother informed on different phenos.

reputable breeders give information based on tested phenos and general traits of both parents.

If you are buying clones from a person whos grown it a long time, im sure they can tell you about the strain inside and out.

C

CrackMan265

Umm.. hey satica. The breeders on this site don't list all that information because they don't need to for the beans to sell. I learned this a LONG time ago. Sad but true LoL. Thats why i wait for grow reports. Some of them probably aren't even tested.

Edit: BillyGoat is a different story than the rest. He actually lists that info. Not promoting or dick riding here just keepin it real.

O

oldtimer60

I agree with tricburner, some people are just limited in space. Not every state has medical laws, and yes more pictures would be nice.

W

weedybob

I like Satica's post ! Also the #1 most important quality of any product aimed at satisfying the consumer is 'effect'. When you develop a product that people want your growers get customers, they in turn buy your seeds and you can spend your time in a loving symbiotic relationship with a plant that will respond to your wish's. Leastwise that is my philosophy and experience.
Respectfully
BobCanna

M

MASSES 420KING

im definatley down for more grow info on the specs of that strain but i can see where breeders who have put in the blood sweat tears and fears to make this strain mite want to keep the parentage on lock but other then that we definatley need to have more info regarding the finer points of there strains consumers need to remember its a SEEDY WORLD IN THE SEED BIZ

waayne

waayne

Why don't you show a little respect Satica?
Most ''True breeders "I know are working their ass off most of the time trying to create more killer strains for us!
This site has so much info,you might try doing a little research yourself.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I have respect for pollen chuckers, i mean if u take a elite clone and cross it with a next elite clone u aint a breeder thats clear...However u still a cool cat that try to bring that elite clone to other growers, or at least a good cross of it which i appreciate...

But pollen chucking its like everything else, u have very good pollen chuckers and very fool fool ones too so beware...

Sam the skunkman was a hell of a breeder IMO, his skunk will remain one of he best ibl ever done. I wish he was still breeding for the public.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
alot of breeders do smoke and grow their own stash. how hard is it to throw 1 or 2 plants in there with a run and maybe even do a smoke report on their own strain a couple of dried nug shots and so on. most people buy seeds outa desperation that its gonna be a big hit and they may miss out. shit all these seeds this site sells and theres only like 10-15 grow reports going total on all the beans combined.

G

greyfx

I don't think we should blame the breeders. For example you will get different phenotypes. One example I have some agent orange seeds. Now for one we know that agent orange produces a big yield but smell is another story. I have some plants that smell sweet, and others that just reek almost as much as cheese. If I was to say hey my strain is a stinker and you grow out 10 seeds and don't find a stinker well am I a bad person? I have seen plenty of breeders give info about the parents which to me is the most important thing. Because your gonna get a variation of those parents. I love popping new seeds because its like going on a treasure hunt. I also like to pollen chuck myself. I buddy of mine is growing out some agent orange x chernobyl that I made pollen chucking.

The Joker

The Joker

Why don't you show a little respect Satica?
Most ''True breeders "I know are working their ass off most of the time trying to create more killer strains for us!
This site has so much info,you might try doing a little research yourself.

I think Satica is showing respect... for growers.

Most new growers are into the name ( elite clone name) and most people who make seeds are into the money. Very ,very few are putting in the years it takes to make something stable and unique. That being said...

Lots of people become fans of breeders without really knowing anything about breeding. It's fun, to have a "true believer" like faith in the person making the seeds and get excited about new releases.

People get offended (especially newbs ) if you even question the methods used in breeding by their favorite seed maker.

On the flip side, one can take it too seriously and miss out on how fun growing can be. Imagine saying you will only grow seeds made by someone who works with landrace genetics completely making true breeding strains from scratch. You can count the number of breeders who still do that on one hand. ( Mendocino Joe, Shanti, Tom Hill, DJ short etc...) Or even the breeders growing large populations and really doing the selections based on quality and not the name making something unique....( Sannie, Mota, Spice of Life , Chimera, there are more).

You would be so serious about growing that you would miss out on the fun. You would miss out on the possibility that a random cross to a hyped elite clone could give you a great plant despite the lack of work put into it.

I used to get very uptight about who is a breeder and who is not. Or what suckers people are for getting duped by hype. Now I have fun growing and admire the business skills of the people making lemonade from lemons.

I am now open to the possibility that you could get bunk seeds from a really great breeder and that you could get great seeds from a hack. It's just the law of averages. You'll never know until you try and no matter how much they document their process and selection you may still end up with ten males.

Grow some seeds, a lot of seeds, pick a mother, clone her, practice dialing it in and see how much of the quality lies in the hands of the grower.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
One cool feature will be the date the beans have been packeged or harvested...could be helpfull imo...

The Joker

The Joker

That's the best idea I've heard of in a long time. But some sellers get the beans wholesale and repackage them for sale.

Breeder Steve of SOL sent Gypsy Nirvana old Blockhead seconds ( not good enough for sale) to give away as freebies and GN sold them instead. Some sellers are far less scrupulous than the breeders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom