Dear Cannabis Breeders,Pay attention please:

• Thread starter Satica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Satica

Marijuana Breeders, pay attention please:
I have heard from Breeders, true breeders, that bringing a true breed takes years.
Even a simple hybrid needs a lot of attention and time to be released as a seed. Months after month and weeks after week you put your effort to produce some special beans for us.
I am sure most of you pay attention to the every minutia to deliver a good bean .I do not even need to talk about the difficulties you need to overcome to release a decent batch of seeds.

So if what I said is true and you have spent years or at least months to produce seed then please spend a few hours more and Write some firsthand information about the jewelry you have prepared for us.
Just some basic words like indico sativa percentage, or the genetic pedigree or the potency does not cut for us.
How possibly you expect a potential buyer that wants to put a whole season effort behind one of your strains be convinced by some basic information.
Nobody in this world knows your strain better than you.

You engineered it so please tell us everything about it.
I mean everything.
Let us know if your strain is not for beginners.Let us know if your strain is a low yielder.It does not affect your reputation, it just shows your passion and honesty. Let us know if it stinks a lot .It can lead to an arrest if not known before.
We do not expect your plant break every record, but we deserve to know more about your plant.

One of my hobbies is searching seed company’s websites .Almost every single of them if I am not wrong. So far the most useful one to be introduced as a good example of Information about the strains has been :
http://mandalaseeds.com,

I have no intention to say it is a perfect website, it is far from it but it can set a decent example of what we need to know about your seeds.
So please finish your years of effort to bring a new breed to life by some good information about it. As good as your beans.
As good as your claims.
This extra information can be the reason that we make it or break it .If we fail, despite your good genetic, you are almost always easiest to blame.
Yours
Satica

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Funny that you wrote all that then list a seed company with just f1s.

K

KushArmy

Premium Member
Supporter
His point remains valid, if longwinded.

To paraphrase: "More info pls breeders?"

M

mrdizzle

I have notice a lot of seeds for sale that say nothing about it. or will just say "10wks" def dont need to write a book but maybe the parents, the pheno's ect

H

haze89

All I need to know is the genetics (parents, indy or sat) and im happy. All growers should try and teach themselves how to spot a finished plant on sight, however I can see where you could benefit from having some more info (Scheduling your grows, beginners, the 20 week hazes, ect ect)

samino

samino

Dude that's why they have test grows and reveiws. Not every plant is going to be the same espeacially if its not been stablized. Do you know how many years it would take and how much writing they would have to do just to satisfy your request! By it being stablized, it would be a lot easier, but for hybrids that's another story.

T

trichburner

I would at least like to see breeders post well documented grows of parental lines with decent pictures that not only show the flowers but full plant shots that show branching patterns , internode spacing , close ups of stem & node details , leaf details and give real info on where the parental lines origionated from .

S

spinkus

Agreed, a LITTLE more documentation for some(not all) breeders would be nice.

S

Satica

Funny that you wrote all that then list a seed company with just f1s.

My point is not about their seed being good or bad.it is about the information they delivered in their website and their effory to describe their different strains.

so for example they say if you have problem with smell ,this strain is good for you.
That strain is not a good candidate for SCROG for example.

It has nothing to do with F1 or stabilized hybrid or a true breed.
happy you took the funny part of it.

S

Satica

Dude that's why they have test grows and reveiws. Not every plant is going to be the same espeacially if its not been stablized. Do you know how many years it would take and how much writing they would have to do just to satisfy your request! By it being stablized, it would be a lot easier, but for hybrids that's another story.

Do you want to tell me that it takes YEARS??? to write some usefull info about their beans.Give me break.!!!

I dont need a novel or story.it wont take more than a few hours IF THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF.

It takes a long time to find a decent non biosed report about a new released strain on the internet?

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Breedders here give a lot of infos IMO, some seed bank dont even know what they are using anyway, some belive they have the real deal while they don't, some have killer stuffs that don't sell much because there is no hype around their strain. U have to know how to sell ur shit bro thats business rule #1.

Then if some breedder want to keep the recipe secret i won't mind because their is a lot of pirates in this business too...
I don't see coca cola giving their recipe...

U think breedder have time to post picture grows of all parents bud and plant shots the making of the seeds when the seeds become seeds etc etc...wdf i mean those people have a life too bro and a lot of work for making good seeds, so as long as it the bomb when i grow it, im happy...then if there is infos that the cherry on the cake lol

F

fuzzy

make time-made time to make them

Just sayin they are in the bus. to sell their beans,it would make sense,for the buyer and seller for photos and info.No? peace,fuzzy

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Breedders here give a lot of infos IMO, some seed bank dont even know what they are using anyway, some belive they have the real deal while they don't, some have killer stuffs that don't sell much because there is no hype around their strain. U have to know how to sell ur shit bro thats business rule #1.

Then if some breedder want to keep the recipe secret i won't mind because their is a lot of pirates in this business too...
I don't see coca cola giving their recipe...

U think breedder have time to post picture grows of all parents bud and plant shots the making of the seeds when the seeds become seeds etc etc...wdf i mean those people have a life too bro and a lot of work for making good seeds, so as long as it the bomb when i grow it, im happy...then if there is infos that the cherry on the cake lol

Agree 100% Also some people prefer F1s because of there vigor, thats why Mandala sells them that way. There are many different schools in breeding MJ and not all breeders start with or even like land races.

S

SweetIslandFunk

frankly if your paying attention to the breeding process, like many do on this website for swerve, ograskal, etc.. you already have basically all the information you would need. at this website its more of a social scene where you have to be present to understand a lot of whats going on with certain breeds. I say this because you are a new member that probably joined for thcbay like the rest of us but a lot of what happens on the bay are elaborated on in the forums. in the forums, for major seed releases at least, there is a grow diary. I am not saying your wrong a little more information could never hurt but what i am saying is that just because the information is not in front of you at the bay, you can probably find it elsewhere on the farm. a little research couldnt hurt right?

happy farming,
Funky

F

fuzzy

I dont know if hes talking about breeders or seed co.?The breedes on here,well we all get great info,but what about all the other places ie.-seed shops,coffee,care clubs.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
BIG UP Kakalak and SIF on their statement, I can't understand being on thcfarmer and complaining about a lack of infos? since im here i've learn so much about hard to know strains. Imagine what it was back in the day in a ilegal country to have infos about MJ or Strains, then came internet GOD BLESS INTERNET hell yeah...But u got to becarefull who u read from and what to belive that takes a lot of reading.

S

SweetIslandFunk

BIG UP Kakalak and SIF on their statement, I can't understand being on thcfarmer and complaining about a lack of infos? since im here i've learn so much about hard to know strains. Imagine what it was back in the day in a ilegal country to have infos about MJ or Strains, then came internet GOD BLESS INTERNET hell yeah...But u got to becarefull who u read from and what to belive that takes a lot of reading.

I agree and thank you, this place is a plethora of information from all over the world. plus what this person does not understand is that only the farm has raskal and swerve, and countless other breeders as well, nor that the breeders themselves are on this site you can ask them anything you want thats why this place is so fucking beautiful. if you get a pack of cali connect's or raskal's do you really even care about all the little details, your growing something that you know is elite. stick around and you will learn A LOT. and try not to piss people off bc people get banned everyday.

Do you want to tell me that it takes YEARS??? to write some usefull info about their beans.Give me break.!!!

I dont need a novel or story.it wont take more than a few hours IF THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF.

It takes a long time to find a decent non biosed report about a new released strain on the internet?

Like i said, your just not looking hard enough and if your going to be lazy dont bother growing, this stuff is out there, especially on the farm. And dont be fooled, all the breeders here, at least the ones that are selling seeds know their shit. the test grows come out before the seeds do and after that a smoke report, both of which are done by a mutual party and both are moderated by the breeder helping us with everything down to the rarest phenos. you say a more information but i can really think of anything else, what more do you need? each seed company/ breeder thats on the bay has a forum check it out, its not going to be a condensed few paragraphs on the strain it will probably be a 50 page thread so thats why its research, quite a bit of reading sometimes. ALSO, this is mostly an F1 website, and F1s dont take year's, maybe close to one year if you time it right. to stabilize it afterwards now, thats another thing.

happy farming,
Funky

3weeks till harvest:boogie:

samino

samino

Years of documented work inorder to provide you with all the accurate info you want to know! Once his work is done, your right won't take him long to post a summary of the strain!

As I said in my first post, that's why we have test grows and reviews here at the farm. It may not be all the info your looking for but enough to satisfy most farmers here!

Top Bottom