Decades of Growth

• Thread starter AliasAO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I lived in shreveport LA for a min I was born in Texarkana Tx I still have a lot of family down in shreveport and in marshall Tx . Last october I went to LSU for a foot ball game it was awesome it was the first time i had ben in 10 years i really cant remember the last time i went being i was so young. I smoked some pretty good bud down there didn't have any thing on the Og i brought but was still pretty good surprised me. I can honestly say I have yet to find any food better than from Louisiana theres nothing better than peelin tails and suckin head man i love craw fish wish i had some now or sea food gumbo must be the cajun in me lol .

A

AliasAO

no alcohol for this boy in 20 years....
Way to go, PG, Just passed 10 yrs., still one day at a time...

Congrats as well Chickenmann. It takes a lot of courage to go through with it. Most notably stopping the lies to your own person, which are the wickedist ones.

I currently have an Uncle who is a stone cold drunk. Luckily only drinks beer not the clear spirits so he hasnt killed anyone or himself.

Also Have a good friend who is my age and has been to rehab twice. Alcohol, pills the who party list of shit.

I told my friend ALL the time that if he needs a vise or if he felt like drinking to come over and we can smoke all the weed he wanted. He did ok for a wk or 2 then he started showing up already a bit fucked up. Had to give him the man to man face to face truth one day.

im still trying to figure out how to better reach them..

A

AliasAO

I lived in shreveport LA for a min I was born in Texarkana Tx I still have a lot of family down in shreveport and in marshall Tx . Last october I went to LSU for a foot ball game it was awesome it was the first time i had ben in 10 years i really cant remember the last time i went being i was so young. I smoked some pretty good bud down there didn't have any thing on the Og i brought but was still pretty good surprised me. I can honestly say I have yet to find any food better than from Louisiana theres nothing better than peelin tails and suckin head man i love craw fish wish i had some now or sea food gumbo must be the cajun in me lol .

Yea if you were headed back to Tx im damn sure you had the Best weed in the state in your Pocket. lol

Ive been to LA, New Orleans to b exact for a hoop game, used to play College Bball. We visted and played the University of New Orleans. The devastation was like something I never seen before.

Street Lights still intact in the ground yet they were bent with the steet lights on the ground--- looked like The Hulk just ran over and bent it in half..

I dont like Sea-food so I had steak in LA. haha

I live 10 mins from SF which is known for their Sea food and I dont mess with it.

D

driftin

Just curious but If you guys have had kids ... did you pass on the horticultural education and passion?

Thanx for the great responses everyone. I feel like it very important for the young generations like my own to learn from the experience of our elders.

Thanx for helping out us youngsters and pointing us in the right direction.

yes i do have kids and a grandaughter too lol my one daughter has a passion for growing veggies, she loved playing in the garden when she was little always planting seeds she had found and watching them grow .. lol as for weed .. well they have known about it since they asked .. i sat them down and expained how it helped my pain .. they knew dad always hurt when we went walking, buy we always went walking together every sunday , i know the kids tried it .. even sneaked some from my stash ... and they thought i wouldnt know lol but from what they told me 2 didnt like it , and 2 just said whatever beer is better lol

A

AliasAO

couldn't of said it better myself i believe the reason I've had the success I've had is because what I've learned from the older generations so thank you guys you paved the way for me and my generation!!!

Thanx PG, I also think its good to have a thread where ppl can share some stories about Cannabis and how it relates to their passion or even upbringing and introduction to the little wonder plant.

The Farm is much more scientific and research orientated which is great for its main purpose of course. I just feel its good to talk about the benefits or the trip as the 70's would say.lol

speaking of the 70's.. another one here.

Thanx for popping in Jeff. I was just in your Log browsing..

A

AliasAO

yes i do have kids and a grandaughter too lol my one daughter has a passion for growing veggies, she loved playing in the garden when she was little always planting seeds she had found and watching them grow .. lol as for weed .. well they have known about it since they asked .. i sat them down and expained how it helped my pain .. they knew dad always hurt when we went walking, buy we always went walking together every sunday , i know the kids tried it .. even sneaked some from my stash ... and they thought i wouldnt know lol but from what they told me 2 didnt like it , and 2 just said whatever beer is better lol

lol. hey atleast you were honest with them. and atleast they were girls and not boys.

im sure if they did a study with boys vs girls who grew up in the pro-pot household Im assuming guys would have a much higher rate of risk then the girlies. my scientific thought for the day---hahaaa

A

AliasAO

ohhh i have both 2 boys and 2 girls lol

Im interested to know if the sons are followers of the tree>?

way to go chickenman, life is great with no alcohol jackin your life...

thats a nice way of putting it .. jacked up.
Hell yeah bro.. i love threads like this.

yea. it seems like today in my opinion alot of people suffer from not being able to remember and recall the fond memories. All those instances that were both defining and eye opening.

Shit when I was younger I always thought that Adults or as a kid "grown- ups", just seemed to turn a certain age then act a certain way. I used to then wonder why most were very unhappy and very unfulfilled or inspired.

the I grew up and my critical thought came around. I then came came to the conclusion that people dont stop enjoying the things they did and enjoyed so much as a child or even as an adolescent. its simplier then that they just stopped doing those things altogether. then bc of "life" they assume they no longer "enjoy" this things.

I think MJ keeps the heart and spirit young in moreways than one way, notably in the reminisce for most of the young life and its enlightening times.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I hear ya Alias. Its nice to remember the reasons we are what we are. Ive only been a grower for the last 5 years but i have smoked since i was a kid. It has opened my eyes to alot of things that i would have never thought twice about otherwise. Most dont believe me when i say that weed has kept me out of alot of trouble but it has. I had a pretty good meth addiction in my early 20's. The old time hippy grower dudes i knew all told me i was fuckin up and man were they right. Since i have learned to take life a little slower and enjoy the ride.. Life is the one race you dont wanna finish first.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
1980, seamaiden im back......smiley face, been doin this for 14 years, and gonna keep doin the damn thing

convex

convex

Born in '65 ...

Found my way into a Steve Miller concert at a fair in 1976 and some nice hippy guy thought it would be a hoot to get a kid stoned - time has been slippin' ever since ;)

Cheers

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Born in '65 ...

Found my way into a Steve Miller concert at a fair in 1976 and some nice hippy guy thought it would be a hoot to get a kid stoned - time has been slippin' ever since ;)

Cheers

One of the first shows i ever went to was Steve Miller Band at Red Rocks..one of the most memorable nights of my life.. which is surprising for how freakin baked i was.

greenjoe

greenjoe

i saw Queen in 1976...12.20 a ticket and .50Cents a j........one of the best shows i saw..in the top 5 for sure

A

AliasAO

I hear ya Alias. Its nice to remember the reasons we are what we are. Ive only been a grower for the last 5 years but i have smoked since i was a kid. It has opened my eyes to alot of things that i would have never thought twice about otherwise. Most dont believe me when i say that weed has kept me out of alot of trouble but it has. I had a pretty good meth addiction in my early 20's. The old time hippy grower dudes i knew all told me i was fuckin up and man were they right. Since i have learned to take life a little slower and enjoy the ride.. Life is the one race you dont wanna finish first.

Aint that the truth.. Slow down and enjoy it. Dont be in a rush to live it all in one day.. Get your proverbial moneys worth.

1980, seamaiden im back......smiley face, been doin this for 14 years, and gonna keep doin the damn thing
I cant imagine who much more rounded as a grower ill be in 12 more years. But i am very interested to find out...

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life"- MA

Born in '65 ...

Cheers

Awww.. the good old days when kids where introduced by grown ups rather than slandered by them. 11 yrs old.. i think you had me beat by one year.

One of the first shows i ever went to was Steve Miller Band at Red Rocks..one of the most memorable nights of my life.. which is surprising for how freakin baked i was.

Ironic . dont ya think? The very first time I got stoned outta my mind.. I remember every second of it.. I think most of us are just chasing that First time High-- growing keeps ya young and connected to your passion..

i saw Queen in 1976...12.20 a ticket and .50Cents a j........one of the best shows i saw..in the top 5 for sure

My dad would shit his pants.. Hes a bit of a queen fan. .50 cents a J... Now I can understand why there were SOOOOOOOO many hippies in the 70's.. now they run about $10-17 per joint.. awww as the years flaw and inflation screws us all..

<-- Reagan baby....nov '80.

fellow 80's baby in the thread..

C

cheech

84. First smoked when I was a freshman in hs. Had to do some research on the net to make sure I wouldn't die if a seed found its way into the bowl or joint. Can't remember who told me that, lol.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

born 1962/first toke june 1974 and been at it with a few breaks(never quit)ever since.Outdoor growing for a long time but relatively new to indoor.
things i remember
10$ lids(oz's),we didnt weigh really instead it was measured in fingers(4 fingers to a lid,5 was really good!)
the standard strain was commercial which included about 1 finger of stems and seeds.
Homegrown was considered premium top shelf(all leaf).
first buds that came around were simply called red hair and were sold in glass vials.
my connect was my woodshop teacher and i made bongs in his class and got graded A's on them!
concerts,well almost to many to remember,plus i was frying at alot of them!
alice cooper,aerosmith,ted nugent,saw van halen and burned with eddie at a kegger party i paid a buck to get into in pasadena!California jam1 and 2,led zeppelin multiple times,santana,and too many others to remember!
met my wife in 78,had a daughter in 79(i was 17 when she was born,she's a university professor today!)got married in 80 and have been married 31+ years!
My son is 26 and hes the reason i got back into the grow scene,amazing what can bring you closer together.Basically he was buying from dispensaries or friends and i said fuck that let me show you what daddy knows!I didnt realize how far things had come since i quit growing outdoor and now im on an interesting new journey,luckily daddy learns fast and a state of the art personal production lab is more than 2/3 complete every bit of it from the foundation up built by my son and myself,many of you were inspiration for the facility so i owe you much respect,GOD for grow room design ideas,cannabis john for AC help and so many others.The journey continues...

Top Bottom