Decades of Growth

• Thread starter AliasAO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AliasAO

A post by Seamaiden on a thread that I read today made me think about The Multiple Generations that Have been responsible and the generations today that are still caring the torch for Marijuana.

Im interested to find out which generations we are all apart of here on the farm. For the sake of self interest, lets go for Birthday years to keep it simple, the decade approach.

Ill start it off. Im still young going on only a quarter of a century VERY soon.

A

AliasAO

Thanx Joe-- growing Up in the 60's and 70's must have been interesting to say the least.

I can easily imagine enjoying the music and diverse culture of the 60's and 70's. Civil rights and all. Getting a chance to Hear one of JFK 100's of speeches to the people.

So many things from those days that are gone forever. at least in the mass mind set.

greenjoe

greenjoe

i can't remember.....
lol....i sure miss the hash from those days....kasmere. Indian tempo balls...Nepalese fingers.....Real afgan......all the hash then was black and awesome....but hey i make my own now which is probable just, if not better.....70's were a blast with all that free love..... and the girls then didn't wear those thick padded bras like they do now......

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I'm a young guy also part of the new school 1988

A

AliasAO

i can't remember.....
lol....i sure miss the hash from those days....kasmere. Indian tempo balls...Nepalese fingers.....Real afgan......all the hash then was black and awesome....but hey i make my own now which is probable just, if not better.....70's were a blast with all that free love..... and the girls then didn't wear those thick padded bras like they do now......

haha.. OOooo man.. The good old days

Id imagine it also been nice to know you could get into a ladies pants and not worry about your Dick falling off and dying like now-a-days.

and Id have to agree your hash today is probably just as good or even a little better. Gotta love technology.. sometimes..

A

AliasAO

I'm a young guy also part of the new school 1988

Yea buddy. We are the Torch barriers my friend.

Thats a solid looking Pit. Looks just like my Dog smoke with the Grey and white.

That a male or female?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Born in the mid 50s. I grew up in the S f Bay Area during the 60s and 70s. Lots happening music wiseand culture wise. I saw many a free show in Golden gate Park, Winterland, Frost Stanford, Greek Berkley. Saw the orignal Sanatana bands, hundreds of Dead shows, great time, great place to grow up in. I remember B inns as well. The civil rights movment exploded, I recall seeing white only signs in my fathers Texas Home town.

We were protesting the war at Stanford Univ., can still remember getting gassed and chased by police, lots of fun rasing hell.

Back then somkin mj was a slap in the face of the establishment.
We all shared. Sacks were called lids and sold for 10 bucks. great hash was 5 bucks a gram. A hit of orange sunshine pure LSD sold for $1.50 a 1/4 hit lasted 10 hrs.. Gas was around $1.29 gallon, 6 pack of Coors 12 oz bottles also $1.29, $1.99 for talls.

As kids we have several forts set up for drinking and smoking, I had a charge account at 16 yrs old at the local liquor store. Drove a $100.00 61 Ford falcon Station wagon

We would attend SF Giants baseball games, drink heavly. We would chuck 12 packs of beer over the fence from outside Candelstick, bring in a cooler with ice only, buy 1 vendor beer for cup and drink at least 15 to 20 beers per game.

As a kid I saw Wille Mays, Orlando Cepeda, Juan Marichal, Willie Mcovey, Bobby Bonds, saw a no hitter pitched by Dodger Oral Hershiser, lots of great memories at the windy Candelstick.

Still puffin away, my 1st tokes were 10/31/1970. That date is carved into fence post still to this day at my chidhood home...

What a long great trip its been, and the best is yet to come!!!!

A

AliasAO

Born in the mid 50s. I grew up in the S f Bay Area during the 60s and 70s. Lots happening music wiseand culture wise. I saw many a free show in Golden gate Park, Winterland, Frost Stanford, Greek Berkley. Saw the orignal Sanatana bands, hundreds of Dead shows, great time, great place to grow up in. I remember B inns as well. The civil rights movment exploded, I recall seeing white only signs in my fathers Texas Home town.

We were protesting the war at Stanford Univ., can still remember getting gassed and chased by police, lots of fun rasing hell.

Back then somkin mj was a slap in the face of the establishment.
We all shared. Sacks were called lids and sold for 10 bucks. great hash was 5 bucks a gram. A hit of orange sunshine pure LSD sold for $1.50 a 1/4 hit lasted 10 hrs.. Gas was around $1.29 gallon, 6 pack of Coors 12 oz bottles also $1.29, $1.99 for talls.

As kids we have several forts set up for drinking and smoking, I had a charge account at 16 yrs old at the local liquor store. Drove a $100.00 61 Ford falcon Station wagon

We would attend SF Giants baseball games, drink heavly. We would chuck 12 packs of beer over the fence from outside Candelstick, bring in a cooler with ice only, buy 1 vendor beer for cup and drink at least 15 to 20 beers per game.

As a kid I saw Wille Mays, Orlando Cepeda, Juan Marichal, Willie Mcovey, Bobby Bonds, saw a no hitter pitched by Dodger Oral Hershiser, lots of great memories at the windy Candelstick.

Still puffin away, my 1st tokes were 10/31/1970. That date is carved into fence post still to this day at my chidhood home...

What a long great trip its been, and the best is yet to come!!!!

Thanx for the post chickenmann, it made me happy and a bit sad in one instant.

That is a special life youve been able to live especially regarding the historical aspect of it all. Just reading it made me excited about what the 60's and 70's brought both good and bad.

Regarding the political motivations of the masses and especially the young generations.. I feel its sadly lacking today and if worse falls upon deaf ears. The interest seems to have left and the last of the dying bread will be gone soon enough.

The sadness comes in when I think about the future generations and the state of the country and its leaders today and the path they are headed.

The good old days when things were affordable and culture widely accessible are long gone. Honesty , accountability and truth still exist in small circles, luckily.

D

driftin

born in 1956 .. in a very small place in Ont Canada .. had my first experience with weed when i was 14 lol ... been smokin it since lol ..dang i miss my uncle lol .... spent the 70's mostly traveling around .. awesome when you could thumb a ride almost anywhere and not worry ... visited every state and province ,cept 2 - hawaii and alaska ..working now and again for cash to keep going.. was a very enlighting time .
after a few yrs traveling i came back to my small town and did the family thing lol grew weed since the late 70's and just lived life ... so much has past and ... man so much more to go

A

AliasAO

born in 1956 .. in a very small place in Ont Canada .. had my first experience with weed when i was 14 lol ... been smokin it since lol ..dang i miss my uncle lol .... spent the 70's mostly traveling around .. awesome when you could thumb a ride almost anywhere and not worry ... visited every state and province ,cept 2 - hawaii and alaska ..working now and again for cash to keep going.. was a very enlighting time .
after a few yrs traveling i came back to my small town and did the family thing lol grew weed since the late 70's and just lived life ... so much has past and ... man so much more to go

Looks like the 50's and 60's are being represented heavily on the Farm :hi

Thats almost surprising to me then again i remember that it is the elder genrations that past on thbis passion for this great plant.

Just curious but If you guys have had kids ... did you pass on the horticultural education and passion?

Thanx for the great responses everyone. I feel like it very important for the young generations like my own to learn from the experience of our elders.

Thanx for helping out us youngsters and pointing us in the right direction.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was born in the city of my father's people (very southern Louisiana) three weeks after the Beatles debuted on the Ed Sullivan show (which happened to be three weeks late). 1964.

I distinctly remember my folks toking with one of my cousins, and how interesting I found it. I'd seen plenty of people smoking ciggies and I never liked it, but this was different. They were all sharing the same one and it looked and SMELLED different! This had to be the late 60s, because I was at oldest in 1st grade. They told me it was turkey feathers. And I thought upon it and decided, after very careful consideration, that everyone should smoke turkey feathers. And so I said so. And they died laughing, which I couldn't figure out but attributed to the turkey feathers, which by itself (the laughter) was a perfect reason to maintain my stance.

I first smoked 'turkey feathers' when I was 10yo, in 1974. One of my friends had raided my parents' stash (which was about the last time I remembered smelling turkey feather smell coming from them). I really liked it, but was still afraid of it. Then when I hit high school I had access and became a daily smoker. Outside of stopping while pregnant/nursing, because it was dry or for a job, I've been a daily smoker ever since.

I only began growing turkey feathers relatively recently in the past few years, believe it or not.

Can you believe I don't know what heroin looks like?

A

AliasAO

I was born in the city of my father's people (very southern Louisiana) three weeks after the Beatles debuted on the Ed Sullivan show (which happened to be three weeks late). 1964.

I distinctly remember my folks toking with one of my cousins, and how interesting I found it. I'd seen plenty of people smoking ciggies and I never liked it, but this was different. They were all sharing the same one and it looked and SMELLED different! This had to be the late 60s, because I was at oldest in 1st grade. They told me it was turkey feathers. And I thought upon it and decided, after very careful consideration, that everyone should smoke turkey feathers. And so I said so. And they died laughing, which I couldn't figure out but attributed to the turkey feathers, which by itself (the laughter) was a perfect reason to maintain my stance.

I first smoked 'turkey feathers' when I was 10yo, in 1974. One of my friends had raided my parents' stash (which was about the last time I remembered smelling turkey feather smell coming from them). I really liked it, but was still afraid of it. Then when I hit high school I had access and became a daily smoker. Outside of stopping while pregnant/nursing, because it was dry or for a job, I've been a daily smoker ever since.

I only began growing turkey feathers relatively recently in the past few years, believe it or not.

Can you believe I don't know what heroin looks like?

Seems like all parents have differing nicknames for the love herb.
My father had a plant growing out back, when I asked he said it was a squash Plant- Then when I got older I asked my dad" how come no Squash ever grow on the plant"?

haha.. the next time I went out back and looked at the plant it had a FULL GROWN SQUASH leaning up against the plant stem .. keep in mind there was nothing connecting the Squash to the plant-- just leaning on it.

OoooO how naive parents really believe their kids to be.. my subconscious was kicking then months later I found the 6 foot bong in their closet. I was sold from there.

"Turkey Feathers is classic"

i think Im gonna smoke some XJ13 "Turkey Feathers" right now.

And for just starting to grow recently, u do a damn good job Sea.

Are both you and your husband growers? or just you?

Thanx for sharing the great story and contributing to this thread :hi

--AO

Mogrow

Mogrow

1955, deep in the bible belt. Smoked weed first time at age 15, never looked back. In about 74 some of the guys started going to Oaxaca, the weed got alot better after that. Grew first sensi plant right around that time aslo, and never looked back.. Got strung out on coke and booze in the 80's, got clean in 91. No weed for 15 years.. yikes.... but it was what i needed. Starting growing and smokin about 5 years ago, my my my had the weed world changed... Thanks for all the new strains guys, really awesome weed these days, kinda hard to grow alot of it outdoors but still awesome strains... still no alcohol for this boy in 20 years....

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Looks like the 50's and 60's are being represented heavily on the Farm :hi

Thats almost surprising to me then again i remember that it is the elder genrations that past on thbis passion for this great plant.

Just curious but If you guys have had kids ... did you pass on the horticultural education and passion?

Thanx for the great responses everyone. I feel like it very important for the young generations like my own to learn from the experience of our elders.

Thanx for helping out us youngsters and pointing us in the right direction.

couldn't of said it better myself i believe the reason I've had the success I've had is because what I've learned from the older generations so thank you guys you paved the way for me and my generation!!!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
no alcohol for this boy in 20 years....
Way to go, PG, Just passed 10 yrs., still one day at a time...

A

AliasAO

1970:rock

1955, deep in the bible belt. Smoked weed first time at age 15, never looked back. In about 74 some of the guys started going to Oaxaca, the weed got alot better after that. Grew first sensi plant right around that time aslo, and never looked back.. Got strung out on coke and booze in the 80's, got clean in 91. No weed for 15 years.. yikes.... but it was what i needed. Starting growing and smokin about 5 years ago, my my my had the weed world changed... Thanks for all the new strains guys, really awesome weed these days, kinda hard to grow alot of it outdoors but still awesome strains... still no alcohol for this boy in 20 years....

Zonk-- i can almost feel my head shaking when I say this but you both my parents were born 70- 71'.. So I know your Gen all too well. They raised me which must explain why I grew up raised by rock and roll then I was baptized in Hip hop, born in 86' then branched out to every other kind of music. Oldies, blues, Classical, reggae, the whole shabang.

Mogrow- Congrats on being sober-- alcohol wise.. haha

As The Great Rick James once said, "Cocaine is a HELL of a Drug" .

I can understand how ppl get hooked. Ive had once time friends go down that jagged road, but I never had a taste for it myself. Just a grimmy feeling. Plus I hate missing out on my sleep. lol

Thanx for contributing to this thread Zonk and Mo. all these stories are great.

The elders are holding this thread down. I love it. :banana1sv6:

-AO

Top Bottom