Decided to try organic, thinking dry amendment?

• Thread starter Lockeboxgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Main question at bottom.
What's up guys. So in my outdoor grow, I have a white widow and runts both planted in fox farm Happy frog in 20 gallon fab pots.
They have both had a little synthetic nutrients but not in the last month or so, they've been eating nothing but whats in the happy frog.
The bottom of each plant is taking on a golden hue so I think they might be ready for some food.
The amount of water they drink and my lack of buckets to mix such a huge amount of bottle nutes takes that off the table for me.
I'm thinking a premixed organic dry amendment will be perfect so I can top dress and water like normal.

My question though is about veg vs flower, is there a difference in dry amendments for the different stages? I know absolutely nothing about organic but if there's one product I can buy and use from seed to harvest in my outdoor that would be amazing. I have 2 fixing to flower soon and 2 I just planted so something that could feed both would be cool (I try to get by using transplants instead of nutes in the veg stage but I just planted an auto in it's final pot so can't do that)
Here they are
Decided to try organic thinking dry amendment

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

My question though is about veg vs flower, is there a difference in dry amendments for the different stages? I know absolutely nothing about organic but if there's one product I can buy and use from seed to harvest in my outdoor that would be amazing. I have 2 fixing to flower soon and 2 I just planted so something that could feed both would be cool (I try to get by using transplants instead of nutes in the veg stage but I just planted an auto in it's final pot so can't do that)
Here they are
View attachment 1261373
Yes, there are different dry nutrients for veg and flower. But I agree with you, dry is the way to go for outdoor, IMO.

Are they starting to flower? If so, you only need the bloom nutrients. If they're not starting to flower and money is tight, you might just say fuck it, they're getting bloom nutrients the whole way. But if you do that, make sure those bloom nutes have some nitrogen. "Bloom boosters" usually have almost no nitrogen.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Yes, there are different dry nutrients for veg and flower. But I agree with you, dry is the way to go for outdoor, IMO.

Are they starting to flower? If so, you only need the bloom nutrients. If they're not starting to flower and money is tight, you might just say fuck it, they're getting bloom nutrients the whole way. But if you do that, make sure those bloom nutes have some nitrogen. "Bloom boosters" usually have almost no nitrogen.
They aren't flowering quite yet. Well one isn't atleast, one started to but I think is now in reveg for reasons I don't know.
Yeah money is a little tight right now, I've got a $30 budget so I'll just have to go with whatever that can get me, not sure on organic prices. If I have to I'll do like you say and get Bloom nutrients making sure theres some nitrogen for that last bit of veg/ stretch

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

So I just got done at the grow store. Having no idea what I'm really doing and trying to put together something I can use for the majority of a grow I walked away with this:
IMG 20220713 130338671

What are yalls thoughts? Between my budget and the overwhelmingness of the organic section that's what I came up with, wish there was more potassium though

They didn't have the roots brand or anything I really recognize outside of the fox farms but then again I dont do organic

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

The yellow bag stuff is good but doesn't absorb into the soil too well.
Cut the directions in half or even a third or else you'll just end up with a pile of the stuff on your top layer.
Also mix it with your water then pour.

Though the blood meal will probably dissolve right thru on it's own.

The yellow bag is a little more flower specific than the red bag. But it will be the right thing in just a few weeks here anyway.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

The yellow bag stuff is good but doesn't absorb into the soil too well.
Cut the directions in half or even a third or else you'll just end up with a pile of the stuff on your top layer.
Also mix it with your water then pour.

Though the blood meal will probably dissolve right thru on it's own.

The yellow bag is a little more flower specific than the red bag. But it will be the right thing in just a few weeks here anyway.
Awesome thanks for the tips! They didn't have a red bag at the store just the one I got and then the acid loving plants purple bag, is the red bag the tomato one?
And yeah that's what I was going for, I'm hoping to use the preamended nutrients in the Happy frog soil plus that blood meal for veg and then introduce that yellow bag for flower and cut off the blood meal or something like that

Bahrain79

Bahrain79

So I just got done at the grow store. Having no idea what I'm really doing and trying to put together something I can use for the majority of a grow I walked away with this:
View attachment 1261400
What are yalls thoughts? Between my budget and the overwhelmingness of the organic section that's what I came up with, wish there was more potassium though

They didn't have the roots brand or anything I really recognize outside of the fox farms but then again I dont do organic
That will work fine. Use a 3 prong cultivator or your fingers and work it into the top inch of the soil around your plants don't be afraid to break the roots, it will actually stimulate more growth.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I like Roots dry amendments and soils. The "terp teas" have worked well during the grow I'm doing now.
Wanted to add that I found their terp tea grow to be pretty hot. Easy to feed to much of it. I am following their feed chart for dry amendments in soil. It assumes a 10 - 20 g pot and goes up from there. So I use it more for figuring ratios when feeding more than one terp tea product. E.g bloom and boost. But I go by the bag instructions with 1 tsp per g of soil for amount. I’m in 7g fabs and just fed for week 5. Last feed by their chart is in week 7. Back at week 2 of flower I got a little tip clawing from to much N from the grow terp tea. Didn’t burn leaf tips or leaf surface. She hasn’t missed a beat and looks great other than a few claws. Those will never go away after being N toxic.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I’m using the same roots organic terp tea line right now in FFOF except their micro booster. I’m using the Great White product line for that. Highly recommend their stuff too.
I didn't use their veg nutes this time, because I tried their Lush soil, and when you're transplanting every week or two, they don't need anything else. A bit pricey, but it sure saved time, and I really needed that.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I didn't use their veg nutes this time, because I tried their Lush soil, and when you're transplanting every week or two, they don't need anything else. A bit pricey, but it sure saved time, and I really needed that.
Check that great white stuff out. Pricey but a little goes a long way and it busts those roots out bro. Couldn’t ask for better root growth.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Check that great white stuff out. Pricey but a little goes a long way and it busts those roots out bro. Couldn’t ask for better root growth.
Until I stop working 7 days a week (January 1, 2023!!!), pre-mixed organic soils, loaded with nutes, is how I have to grow. I'll look for it.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

View attachment 1261400

The blood meal is faster acting but you can use it in combination with the fruit and flower fertilizer to create a more veg focused blend. I would do a top dress of the fruit and flower, then top dress a small amount of the blood meal weekly until flowering is well under way (in addition to more fruit and flower fertilizer every 3 to 4 weeks).

Ive never used these specific fertilizers but I mix my own blends with alfalfa meal, insect frass, crab meal, and turkey trot.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

The blood meal is faster acting but you can use it in combination with the fruit and flower fertilizer to create a more veg focused blend. I would do a top dress of the fruit and flower, then top dress a small amount of the blood meal weekly until flowering is well under way (in addition to more fruit and flower fertilizer every 3 to 4 weeks).

Ive never used these specific fertilizers but I mix my own blends with alfalfa meal, insect frass, crab meal, and turkey trot.
Awesome dude that's exactly what I was hoping to do so I'm really glad to hear y'all think it will work.
I'm mixing up my goods in a dish right now, I read on another thread someone said 1 tsp blood meal per gallon of soil so I'll try that mixed with 1 1/2 cup of fruit and flower (per feeding chart for 3' plant).
Didn't know I needed to top dress with blood meal weekly, figured it would be monthly like the other so thanks there. once the flowering does take full effect should I cut it out completely and use only fruit and flower?

Top Bottom