Decisions, Decisions... Dealing with long term health problems. Ancient remedy vs PHARMA, share your truths.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

“Be realistic, demand the impossible!”
Supporter
I've got really bad lung problems, been smoking cig's since I was 7, and dope since around 9. I've smoked every type of weed, probably with paraquat, and other chemicals the government put on it, back then. Not to mention my fair share old musty weed. It's taken it's toll on my health, and I've always had ear, nose and throat issues all my life, since I was a kid, had lot's of nose bleeds, ect.

I was a healthprofessional for 20 years, and gave people medicines all the time, I've probably given millions and millions of doses of medications over the years, but what impresses me most, is that many of those problems can be solved by simple roots, leaves, paste, and tinctures, ancient remedies.

For my bad asthma and coughing, I think tumeric, and ginger are far better restorative, than simply taking what amounts to a chemical steroid. The anti-inflammation properties alone, but they say it may protect against cancer. I want things like that in contact with my thoat, and digestive tract daily, I don't care if it taste like pepper or dirt.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I take an all natural supplement that makes you feel like you're in your 20s again. It takes about 3 or 4 months to start working good but if you take it every day it's a game changer. I'll pm you a link to it if you're interested.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

There is a relationship between supplements called synergy. One herb boosts the powers of other herbs. Adding a black pepper extract to your vitamin regimen will make all other vitamins work better. I take protandim, ginseng and a few others off and on and I feel much better when I stick with it every day.
I also almost never smoke anymore, only dry herb vaporizer. It's sooo much better in every way. Arizer extreme Q is amazing.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
There is a relationship between food called synergy, biologically active molecules. I'll agree with you that much. Synergy works with many drugs promethazine, with narcotics, or grapefruit juice with my methadone, it gives an additive effect, and increase blood serum levels, correct. I was an RN for 20 years, so I understand synergy well.

msb201171-m4.jpg

Yea, I'll look into it. I'm already taking many fresher antioxidants, and I get them all from natural sources, raw.

Like turmeric, I eat once or twice daily, and I eat like 3-5 grams of it raw... (growing it now). Before my smoke breaks, to coat my throat. I eat a fair amount of ginger also, but caramelized, cooked fresh. I drink the resulting teas from it also, or mix it with green tea, and I drink lots of green teas. Raw blueberries, strawberries, and I eat big dewberries/blackberries straight of the vine during the summer here. huckleberry also. I eat lots of fresh fruit, Mandarins, apples, banana,

Eating more fresh salmon lately also, instead of the chicken. Steelhead is wild caught, and very fresh. You can even eat it raw here. I don't eat much meat anymore, but what I do eat, is always fresh, or naturally cured. I consume fair amount of cheese and milk also. Lots of greens, peppers, garlic, spices, herbs, also. I know I'm fortunate to live where I do, and good fresh nutritious food is plentiful, and relatively inexpensive. It's most certainly the land of milk and honey. They say Oregon, but Cali and Washington fall into that same category, IMO.

Protandim® is a patented blend of 5 herbal ingredients with antioxidant activity: milk thistle (Silybum marianum) extract (225 mg), bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) extract (150 mg), ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root (150 mg), green tea (Camellia sinensis) extract (75 mg), and turmeric (Curcuma longa) extract (75 mg).

I crave fresh Steelhead, and so does bosley my cat, I can see it in his eyes. He likes it so much he takes it out of the bowl. lol.

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Over that past couple months, I've been on a trial of microdosing Paul Stamet's Stack [modified]: 100mg Psilocybe Cubensis, 500mg Lion's Mane, 100mg Niacin. In place of Niacin, am taking a B-complex given the contraindications of the full B complex vs just B3. I've noticed this has been helpful in focus and emotional regulation. Plus, the creative solutions I've come up with have been rather impressive, to myself at least.

Otherwise, albeit entirely illegal, my ol lady suffers from debilitating menstraul cramps. In place of pharmaceuticals (which the doctors won't give anyways, they say her cramps are normal -- they're not) I make her poppy tea. Can't stand the shit myself, makes me nauseous. Will eat oxy over drinking that shit any day. But it helps her significantly. Instead of being curled in a ball unable to breathe for a day a month, she's able to marginally function with less pain.

Rhodiola Rosea for stress. Starting a culture so I can stop buying questionable quality supplements and just grow my own.

Passionflower for anxiety.

Mint for stomach issues.

Veggies for complex nutrient supplementation.

Cannabis for peace of mind. Growing is enough for me, consumption for my ol lady and various patients that benefit from the oils/flower that I produce.

Various mushrooms because the health benefits of fungi are an untapped resource humanity forgot about eons ago. What a mistake that was.

Fish oil. This alone has been incredibly beneficial. It's not a noticeable thing, but reintroducing higher levels of omegas have made my body feel better overall. Pretty sure it has influenced mini tobh to be more active as well.

I'm forgetting other stuff too. We're a nearly vegan household and I'm more concerned with growing things that are medicinal/useful than pretty, so the list is quite extensive. Thought I would add a little somethin somethin to this thread though.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Over that past couple months, I've been on a trial of microdosing Paul Stamet's Stack [modified]: 100mg Psilocybe Cubensis, 500mg Lion's Mane, 100mg Niacin. In place of Niacin, am taking a B-complex given the contraindications of the full B complex vs just B3. I've noticed this has been helpful in focus and emotional regulation. Plus, the creative solutions I've come up with have been rather impressive, to myself at least.

Otherwise, albeit entirely illegal, my ol lady suffers from debilitating menstraul cramps. In place of pharmaceuticals (which the doctors won't give anyways, they say her cramps are normal -- they're not) I make her poppy tea. Can't stand the shit myself, makes me nauseous. Will eat oxy over drinking that shit any day. But it helps her significantly. Instead of being curled in a ball unable to breathe for a day a month, she's able to marginally function with less pain.

Rhodiola Rosea for stress. Starting a culture so I can stop buying questionable quality supplements and just grow my own.

Passionflower for anxiety.

Mint for stomach issues.

Veggies for complex nutrient supplementation.

Cannabis for peace of mind. Growing is enough for me, consumption for my ol lady and various patients that benefit from the oils/flower that I produce.

Various mushrooms because the health benefits of fungi are an untapped resource humanity forgot about eons ago. What a mistake that was.

Fish oil. This alone has been incredibly beneficial. It's not a noticeable thing, but reintroducing higher levels of omegas have made my body feel better overall. Pretty sure it has influenced mini tobh to be more active as well.

I'm forgetting other stuff too. We're a nearly vegan household and I'm more concerned with growing things that are medicinal/useful than pretty, so the list is quite extensive. Thought I would add a little somethin somethin to this thread though.
Yea, I'm working on the psilocybe cubensis part hopefully I'll have something soon, and wanting to do much more in the mushroom department overall, I think they are really good sponges, TBH, and have lot's of good potential for improving digestion and maintaining a healthy biome in the gut, ect. Especially raw.

There's a lot of good science based evidence in psilocybe for depression, emotional well being. Pretty amazing considering it's less harmless than an asprin, at least from a toxicological standpoint.

Top Bottom