Deficiencies with H&G/Under Current?

• Thread starter deacon1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey deacon, It's already been mentioned but..... that calmag is definately necessary with RO water. I personally would not run those little plants at 1200 ppm, more like 500-600 or like 0.8 EC. Good luck Bro.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would never follow a chart, we use too many strains to go by one. I have a bad memory but I believe there is a thread by sunstimulator that gave out some ppms at different stages of a plants life that I agreed with. 1200 is my peak ppm for most strains and that includes the bloom additives. JK

L

Loudblunts

you would never follow a chart because we use too many strains to go by one as you put it.... yet you have a set PPM number for nutrients regardless of nutrient brand?

see the irony here?

if not...while mostly all base nutes accomplish the same goal, are you saying that all nutrients are created equally? more concentrated VS less concentrated? etc etc

(also, not trying to argue or nitpick.... asking serious question)

deacon1503

deacon1503

Hey deacon, It's already been mentioned but..... that calmag is definately necessary with RO water. I personally would not run those little plants at 1200 ppm, more like 500-600 or like 0.8 EC. Good luck Bro.

I added some MagiCal today @ 5 ml per gallon. Hopefully i see a difference in a day or so. This will be a tricky grow since there are 4 different strains in the system right now leading to 4 different personalities and appetites. But, those were the only clones I could get when I needed them. After the MagiCal, TDS went up and leveled off at about 1300, which is still high. However, Brad @ Humboldt Wholesale who is the importer for H&G confirmed that level is somewhat normal and that the Aqua Flakes "normal" chart doesn't, in his opinion, run on the hot side. He also confirmed that using air stones with Roots Excelerator will not hinder the beneficial's performance, only shorten their life span. With regular rez changes this should never be a problem.

I think I might flush on Sunday and then keep the TDS down in the 700 level. I heard that roughly 1 ml per gallon of A+B will equate to about 100 PPM's?

Heres to hoping MagiCal is really magical! :icon_spin:

S

SkyHi

you would never follow a chart because we use too many strains to go by one as you put it.... yet you have a set PPM number for nutrients regardless of nutrient brand?

see the irony here?

if not...while mostly all base nutes accomplish the same goal, are you saying that all nutrients are created equally? more concentrated VS less concentrated? etc etc

He didnt say they were all the same, at all. he said he really never goes past 1200ppm. Pretty simple.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
I added some MagiCal today @ 5 ml per gallon. Hopefully i see a difference in a day or so. This will be a tricky grow since there are 4 different strains in the system right now leading to 4 different personalities and appetites. But, those were the only clones I could get when I needed them. After the MagiCal, TDS went up and leveled off at about 1300, which is still high. However, Brad @ Humboldt Wholesale who is the importer for H&G confirmed that level is somewhat normal and that the Aqua Flakes "normal" chart doesn't, in his opinion, run on the hot side. He also confirmed that using air stones with Roots Excelerator will not hinder the beneficial's performance, only shorten their life span. With regular rez changes this should never be a problem.

I think I might flush on Sunday and then keep the TDS down in the 700 level. I heard that roughly 1 ml per gallon of A+B will equate to about 100 PPM's?

Heres to hoping MagiCal is really magical! :icon_spin:

The MagiCal will most definately help, However I would change that res ASAP and get that PPM down for those little girls. After they get a little size to them you can bring those nutes up a little at a time.
Good Luck.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Dying of thirst

IMO....drain half the volume of your system and fill with RO w/ 1 ml per gallon Cal Mag....pH'd to about 5.9.

Gonna take a few days but once they can absorb some water they should start to metabolize again and they'll begin using nutrients properly.

In other words...what Loudblunts said :)

Water level seems fine, just be sure to place the stone directly beneath the net pot.....

FYI my brother, remember the UC should be run at 1/2 manufacturers recommended dosage

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

A/B half strength....additives quarter strength. Once they recover you'll be able to use the nutes more librally....but wait till they get healthy and ask for more.

Rule of thumb...water first, minerals will follow.....hang in there and they'll turn it around.

L

Loudblunts

He didnt say they were all the same, at all. he said he really never goes past 1200ppm. Pretty simple.

LMAO!

why thank you!!!! Jalisco Kid.... oh wait... maybe i should call you jr? would that be spokesperson?

and no, it ISNT that simple ;) :yes

H

Headach

Did h&g ever put up a guarantee analysis of their nutrients?

J

Johnnyblaze2010

H&G

For H&G, your EC should only be 1.2 week 1. It actually stays 1.2 all the way until Flower where it goes up to 1.3. Check your meter first. Buy some calibration fluid and properly calibrate it and adjust the EC and pH accordingly. See what happens then.

P

pacog

see the irony here?

I am not JK sorry. But what I see in this statement is Regardless of Brand, JK use's set levels off PPM for various stages never going over 1200ppm regardless of the strain. I did not get the impression he was saying all Nutes are the same, just that he uses certian regimen regardless of the Nute Company or their recommendations. JMO

P

pacog

Deacon... Are you using the Full HG line up? Do you have the Drip Clean or Multi Zen? I would just be using their Full line up and nothing else except Cal/Mg Sup for your RO. I don't now of the Microbes are worth the effort in the RDWC?? I hear mixed stories.

I would look at a few threads on the Forum and take a look at their regimen's and Nute Schedules and try to make something similar with your line up as far a EC /PPM per week. DoubleD's is Rock Solid and proven. Jackmayoffer is Using UC and IS Rocking it to the Moon right now Using Cana.

S

SkyHi

LMAO!

why thank you!!!! Jalisco Kid.... oh wait... maybe i should call you jr? would that be spokesperson?

and no, it ISNT that simple ;) :yes

I was simply clarifing for you, since you wanted to read between the lines. I suggest you calm down.

I am not JK sorry. But what I see in this statement is Regardless of Brand, JK use's set levels off PPM for various stages never going over 1200ppm regardless of the strain. I did not get the impression he was saying all Nutes are the same, just that he uses certian regimen regardless of the Nute Company or their recommendations. JMO

thank you

L

Loudblunts

pacog, you seem to miss my point, so you'll get a pass on misunderstanding....

I was simply clarifing for you, since you wanted to read between the lines. I suggest you calm down.

thank you

and :giggle as for you

hmmm... i SUGGEST you take yer own advice and stop projecting onto me :D

but since you keep taking the bait, i guess that implies yer begging to be taken to school. of course i wouldnt expect you to fathom..... and this is why i responded to Jalisco Kid and not you, sir SkyHi ;) but here goes...

On one hand you have J/K saying to feed what your plants tell you & what they want (in many various other threads) then you have him coupled with never going over 1200ppm. I mean which is it?

2 problems with that. 1200ppm is not created equally.... nor is any other nutrient brand.
1200ppm is ranging from anywhere from 1.7 EC to 2.4 EC.

not to mention there are vast differences in nutrient manufacturers. of course the base nutrients are essentially the same, however some are more concentrated than the other and vice versa being watered down like some sprite from a fastfood joint that needs its syrup container/bag changed out. To top it off, dont forget the organosnobs who need 'more' of a fertilizer because of its nature to reach the same EC.

this is why i said to J/K and not you SkyHi cuz you didnt say it.... Im just trying to get a feel for where Jalisco Kid stands since he said it....

tis all

p.s. and i STILL gave you some rep SkyHi just to show you how 'calm' i really am :giggle

S

SkyHi

Ok all he said is he never goes past about 1200 PPM, with his nutes the way he grows. Whats so hard about that ? Your just fishing for reactions. Sturring up shit.

L

Loudblunts

says the guy who answered for someone else

:giggle

ASSumptions....

Top Bottom