Deficiency help needed!

• Thread starter SaskStoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SaskStoner

Hey I'm having a deficiency I cant quite figure out or maybe a little light burn. I have just flipped to flower and I have 2 or 3 plants showing a deficiency and rest are growing well.. My garden is coco and was buffered, I use advanced nutes with a general hydroponic calmag, i always check my ppm and ph when hand feeding and they drain to waste any help or suggestions would be very appreciated!

Deficiency help needed

N

nicolajanjak

dont use this calmag bro throw it in the dust bin .. you're in dtw just need the base nutrients
how much ppm do you give ?

S

SaskStoner

Thanks for the reply!

Yes they are ph perfect nutes, and I do ph down too 6ish and I add the calmag last, I also mix between each nute i add. I feed them every 1-2 days in the winter, our humidity drops to about 10% here so pots dry out quick, and opposite in the summer. I do have a humidifier running most of the winter. My base ppm of water is around 850ppm of softened water and with nutes it's around 1600ppm. I do have an RO system that I plan to install some time this week.. hope to get my base ppm back down to where it should be
20191118 235432

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the reply!

Yes they are ph perfect nutes, and I do ph down too 6ish and I add the calmag last, I also mix between each nute i add. I feed them every 1-2 days in the winter, our humidity drops to about 10% here so pots dry out quick, and opposite in the summer. I do have a humidifier running most of the winter. My base ppm of water is around 850ppm of softened water and with nutes it's around 1600ppm. I do have an RO system that I plan to install some time this week.. hope to get my base ppm back down to where it should beView attachment 911898
You killing them with you water. Water softeners exchange calcium and magnesium for sodium above 50ppm is not a good thing. You need to add an RO unit or find another source of RO water.

Also ph perfect nutes are designed to be used with RO water and adding cal/mg and ph up/down will fuck the nutes up.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You killing them with you water. Water softeners exchange calcium and magnesium for sodium above 50ppm is not a good thing. You need to add an RO unit or find another source of RO water.

Also ph perfect nutes are designed to be used with RO water and adding cal/mg and ph up/down will fuck the nutes up.
^ or ditch the AN and use some other nutes, I see lotss of this same issue with a and newts
That would make sense! This is my first round with advanced nutes, normally use emerald harvest with no issues but the ph perfect looked like it was worth a try. I'll have to install my ro tonight and see it helps. Thank you for the help!
Lots of issues with AN, may be best to go back to what you had the success with?

illmatik

illmatik

AN Nutes work great. Like @Aqua Man said though, you're not supposed to add calmag, ph up, ph down, or really anything.

I definitely second getting an RODI filter. I have a water softener as well and there's no way you want that water in your plants. I'm nose blind to it now, but I remember smelling the sodium in the water the day I had the filters installed.

RODI water + PH perfect nutes is all you need. nothing else.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

AN Nutes work great. Like @Aqua Man said though, you're not supposed to add calmag, ph up, ph down, or really anything.

I definitely second getting an RODI filter. I have a water softener as well and there's no way you want that water in your plants. I'm nose blind to it now, but I remember smelling the sodium in the water the day I had the filters installed.

RODI water + PH perfect nutes is all you need. nothing else.
Agreed

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks for the reply!

Yes they are ph perfect nutes, and I do ph down too 6ish and I add the calmag last, I also mix between each nute i add. I feed them every 1-2 days in the winter, our humidity drops to about 10% here so pots dry out quick, and opposite in the summer. I do have a humidifier running most of the winter. My base ppm of water is around 850ppm of softened water and with nutes it's around 1600ppm. I do have an RO system that I plan to install some time this week.. hope to get my base ppm back down to where it should beView attachment 911898

Ok. A lot has already been said but I’ll throw in my 2cents.

Do not Ph adjust “pH perfect” nutes. They are designed for the rookie grower that doesn’t have a TDS or pH meter. If the mix is anywhere between pH 4-8 it will work fine. I got that from the company when I called their grower help line.

Coco must be watered multiple times per day. Especially if the pots are drying out fast. You never want the coco to dry out. That will lead to salt lockout. Which is probably what’s going on here.

850ppm Tap water is insane! Fire up that RO filter, you need it.

I think if you start using RO, stop adjusting the pH with those nutes, and feed about 700 ppm at least twice a day, they will turn around.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Thanks for the reply!

are those leaves soaked in water? or is it just a combination of my eyes and the photo?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Why is that?
Somehow it messes them up... I mean I don't trust AN as far as I could throw em but ph perfect nutes should not be ph adjusted it messes up the availability somehow. Something to do with how they are chelated? Idk. If ya give the help line a call they can give ya thier explanation.

Everyone who has problems with this nutes has always been adding cal/mag, phing or other addatives. I wish I had a better explanation but I never took the time to understand the exact mechanics of the issue

I'm just never going into another AN thread... Ever.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Somehow it messes them up... I mean I don't trust AN as far as I could throw em but ph perfect nutes should not be ph adjusted it messes up the availability somehow. Something to do with how they are chelated? Idk. If ya give the help line a call they can give ya thier explanation.

Everyone who has problems with this nutes has always been adding cal/mag, phing or other addatives. I wish I had a better explanation but I never took the time to understand the exact mechanics of the issue

I'm just never going into another AN thread... Ever.

The nutes have the same exact chemicals that calmg does. It's just PH buffers. Stuff like botanicare have them in the nutes also along with quite a few others. I doubt it's chelates. Those are pretty much std across what we do, at least for the ph ranges for growing plants in containers vs amending a field.

Haha don't blame you. I was just wondering if anyone had any reasoning behind it or if they are just going by what AN says. No i'm not going to call AN since I would never use their nutes besides the PH Down 😂 . I don't care that much lol.

Enforcer

Enforcer

The nutes have the same exact chemicals that calmg does. It's just PH buffers. Stuff like botanicare have them in the nutes also along with quite a few others. I doubt it's chelates. Those are pretty much std across what we do, at least for the ph ranges for growing plants in containers vs amending a field.

Haha don't blame you. I was just wondering if anyone had any reasoning behind it or if they are just going by what AN says. No i'm not going to call AN since I would never use their nutes besides the PH Down 😂 . I don't care that much lol.
I’m speaking only in regards to adding pH adjusters. When I called them, they said that the special blend of chelates and surfactants would make the nutrients plant available at a pH range of 4-8. By adding the pH adjusters, it alters the solutions intended chemistry and causes problems.

I just wanted to do a AN run to say I did anyway. Changed nutes after that run. Did it work...yes. Was it worth the money...no. But they do have damn cool labels😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom