Deficiency or sickness?

• Thread starter DO IT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DO IT

DO IT

First pics are plants in Veg. The room is 80*F with the co2 at 800ppm. Lighting is 5 MH DE units. Nutrients are CalMag, micro, grow, Bloom and fulvic at 800ppm. Feeding once a day for 15min in cana coco with a #5 smartpot. Starting water is RO.
Deficiency or sickness
Deficiency or sickness 2

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think you are seeing a secondary deficiency, probably caused by too much of another nutrient (P or K), or possibly Ph related, since the entire plant looks affected. I only feed once every 10 days, so it is hard to pinpoint with so many products being used. Since you seem to be providing enough nutrients (although I don't know much about the Micro Grow, ) the problem is probably nutrient lockout from a squirrelly Ph level. You best bet is a slurry test, which is simple if you can find the kits. There are a few charts in the infirmary section that can help to diagnose deficiencies, etc. It might be of some help. Good Luck!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Possible start to a Nitrogen or Iron deficiency? There are other charts here that can possibly help. A magnesium deficiency looks possible, which can result from using too much Cal-Mag, which causes the Ph to rise and causes magnesium to be locked out. A foliar application of Cal-Mag will tell the truth, since repeated applications to the roots only make things worse. A foliar application will bypass the roots and give you fast results if that is the problem.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

looking at the chart in front of me (to me) looks like a early to progressions magnesium deficiency. i had this problem in the UC under leds for the first time. leds seem to command more magnesium . a fellow farmer suggested 1 gram of epsom salt per gallon of water. remedied my problem. every weekly flush gets 30 grams of epsom salt. and if i were to spray it would be 1teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of epsom salt per gallon of water. use only recommended amounts of calmag don't over use. its not a cal mag issue its a mag issue. in my humble opinion?

DO IT

DO IT

looking at the chart in front of me (to me) looks like a early to progressions magnesium deficiency. i had this problem in the UC under leds for the first time. leds seem to command more magnesium . a fellow farmer suggested 1 gram of epsom salt per gallon of water. remedied my problem. every weekly flush gets 30 grams of epsom salt. and if i were to spray it would be 1teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of epsom salt per gallon of water. use only recommended amounts of calmag don't over use. its not a cal mag issue its a mag issue. in my humble opinion?

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Top Bottom