Defining "veg" time

• Thread starter LBH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LBH

LBH

We've seen it time and time again where someone was counting "flowering" days right from the switch instead of when they actually start flowering. What I want to know is, how do you define the veg time?

For my own purposes, I don't begin counting till the first true set comes up, about the 4th node. Now I know that's probably not the societal norm but it never mattered because I only applied this on my own grows but now I finally got the root excelurator and it says to use the 2 weeks of rearing so, which 2 weeks would that be to you? When do you begin, when do you end?

And while we are on thew topic, do folks use it any other times or for other applications?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
they mean into bloom with that. so the day u flip the switch 2 weeks from there as the plant is still growing roots while it stretches. i count my days from the day i go 12/12 so if i have a 49 day strain its 49 days total from the 1st day of 12/12.

LBH

LBH

they mean into bloom with that. so the day u flip the switch 2 weeks from there as the plant is still growing roots while it stretches. i count my days from the day i go 12/12 so if i have a 49 day strain its 49 days total from the 1st day of 12/12.

so I have the sprouts under lights from the day they break soil, so you're saying 2 weeks from there? Wait, are you talking about flowering or veg? I'm talking about veg.

If you're talking about flowering, yes, it's growing roots but it's not "flowering" I'm sure you're pulling by trichs but you could be pulling an easy 2 weeks early otherwise.

Melvan

Melvan

The day you go on 12/12 is when you start the count. Although you may not see the flowers yet, that first 12 hours of dark stimulates the production of flowering hormones in the plant, technically putting it "into flower".

LBH

LBH

This is the first board I've seen more than 2 people say that and not get side swiped by 10 members,lol.

Either way, it's completely off topic, please read the entire initial post.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

both theories make sense but it really only matters what the breeder uses as their count.
unless you arent paying attention to your trics at all and just pull whenever
plus pretty sure those two know their stuff

Papa

Papa

Supporter
LBH,
"2 weeks of rearing" ?
really?

what country is the bottle from?
. . . and i went next door to talk with you about it, but you weren't there.

Papa

LBH

LBH

Bottle sold in RI, USA. Says right on the front "for sale only in North America" and it's made in Holland by House & Garden. Label reads

Application: soil/hydro/coco/aqua roots exceluratorprovides nutrition for optimum root system

Dose :30ml to 100liters of feed water

Instructions for use: add roots excelurator to every feeding during the first two weeks of the rearing cycle. Consult the rearing schedule. (no schedule given)

Then it repeats it in French and again in Spanish

Papa, I was here, when that welcome thing is hanging on the knob like that, I'm busy

420king-MASSES

okay okay if your going from seed the 1st 2 weeks of flower are sexing and stretch then you start your flowering count now if using clones the day you flip 12/12 is when you start your count///as for veg time as a rule of thumb the seedling stage lasts for 3-4 weeks from that point on until flip is veg i like to go 2-2 1/2 months solid veg time b4 flip more root more fruit

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
so I have the sprouts under lights from the day they break soil, so you're saying 2 weeks from there? Wait, are you talking about flowering or veg? I'm talking about veg.

If you're talking about flowering, yes, it's growing roots but it's not "flowering" I'm sure you're pulling by trichs but you could be pulling an easy 2 weeks early otherwise.

i pull when the plant is done to my standards. the 1st time i run a strain i cut off branches at mutiple times and let them dry and test them. the one i like the best is the time i pull from then on. Chemdog D is great at 70 days but it has hardly any amber.

i see u said go back and reread your post and i have but i still dont get what ur saying. you asked define veg time. are you talking about from seed before u flip?

LBH

LBH

Kinda Twist, let me rephrase.

When you tell someone how long you veg for, when did you begin that count, when you began germination? when the seed broke soil? when it developed it's first set of full leaves? etc

deacon1503

deacon1503

H&G uses the term "rearing" as a synonym for "growth", as in "refer to the growth schedule", im assuming they mean their nutrient schedule.

I would think that from germination to the 12/12 flip, the plants are in the veg stage until that shortening of the light schedule produces the flowering hormones. Beyond that, I think it would break down to strain and growing style for veg time. Theoretically RE can be used from an initial rockwool soak till week 2 of flower as mentioned. Depending on situation, veg time could be any length.

J

jakew215

i use roots excel to root, all the way through veg and two weeks after i flip the lights to twelve / twelve.

as for how i count. i count veg time after i transplant from rockwool to 3" soil containers and anything after that that is still 18+ hours of light a day, so if i transplant in larger pots to flower in or beds, i still run the lights 20/4 (in my case) and count that as veg time as well. the day i switch to twelve twelve is the day i start counting as flower days. usually go 65+ days.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i would give seeds 2 months from the day it pops threw the soil or rockwool cube for veg time. unless it starts alternating nodes alot earlier. seedlings are not mature until they start alternating nodes. if they are still symetrical she still needs time before u flip. some strains are alot faster then others as well as medium coco seems to make seedlings grow alot faster.

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

NORMALLY, I've counted "veg time" as starting when the seedling breaks the surface of the growing media. I grow mostly from seed. In the few times I've grown clones, the day I cloned them was "day zero" for the veg.

My current grow started out disastrously, and I had to have all manner of uncool people going through my house right after I germinated my seeds. (Completely ripped out my grow room.) I counted veg time for this grow when I could get my plants under a proper light again.

I don't know if that's right or not, but that's just what I do.

Melvan

Melvan

Here is what Clarke says is the start of flower, from Chap 2

The first sign of flowering in Cannabis is the appearance of undifferentiated flower primordia along the main stem at the nodes (intersections) of the petiole, behind the stipule (leaf spur). In the prefloral phase, the sexes of Cannabis are indistinguishable except for general trends in shape.

Following this, actual 1st day of flower would not be the day you go 12/12, but the first day the primordia appear. You have to take into account that Clarke's focus is on outdoor growth. Indoor we control day/night in exact increments. This is why we can count day 1 of 12/12 as our first day of flower.

Top Bottom