Defoliating advice if needed

• Thread starter ChroniklyCrazy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey guys got another question so most plants I see are usually short stems when they hit the first couple nodes....these are stretching long as fuck...I was thinking of putting the stem and roots a lil farther down maybe like half the stem....is it a good idea cuz I want to top these after like the 3rd or 4th node havent done nothin yet to it

You can bury it almost all the way to the cots. I start in cups so I can saturate the medium and leave a little space up top to bury the stem after a week when i water again. You can fill up those pots. But water around the seedling a while in circles go farther out as it gets bigger. Figure the roots are at least as wide as the leaves.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You can bury it almost all the way to the cots. I start in cups so I can saturate the medium and leave a little space up top to bury the stem after a week when i water again. You can fill up those pots. But water around the seedling a while in circles go farther out as it gets bigger. Figure the roots are at least as wide as the leaves.
"Figure the roots are at least as wide as the leaves."
AKA dripline.

ChroniklyCrazy

ChroniklyCrazy

Awesome dude great advice seriously cuz these guys are I think day 10 but had to start asking before I did it

ChroniklyCrazy

ChroniklyCrazy

Next grow..I suggest keeping the seedling in the solo cup (photo, not auto) for alot longer and glet the leaves reach the outer part of the cup before transplanting to a larger pot..It is easier to water in a small cup and the plant actually grows better than in a larger pot.

DO not TRANSPLANT AGAIN NOW..JUST WATCH HOW YOU WATER..keeping in mind that your aim is to have the roots reach /search for water and fill the bigger pot..
Ya I actually had all of these in small potting squares I just transplanted these after getting tall I transplanted about 3 days ago I think no more than 4 and my plan was to just use what they are in the rest of the time cuz I don't have the best of room so I'm using 3 gallon soil bags so roughly 4 lbs of soil....any help on getting them to be short fat colas would be insanely helpful cuz I don't want them to get to crazy tall

ChroniklyCrazy

ChroniklyCrazy

Cool your jets bro!
No need for hostile behavior hear!
Honestly dude I didn't know this replied to you not sure why but one of the first couple comments someone was beIN sarcastic thought I hit their name their shits still but but that's my bad man my apologies

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I don't know what you mean lol sorry new to this shit ha
When the leaves reach the outer sides of the cup..Then you can transplant them.

Note..With a cloth grow bag, if needed; you can drop the smaller cloth pot into a larger cloth pot, and the roots, will grow thru the old pot since they will not air prune. I did that outdoors. You can see the old pot handles sticking out in the new pot. (hard shelled in this case)

8 24 18

ChroniklyCrazy

ChroniklyCrazy

When the leaves reach the outer sides of the cup..Then you can transplant them.

Note..With a cloth grow bag, if needed; you can drop the smaller cloth pot into a larger cloth pot, and the roots, will grow thru the old pot since they will not air prune. I did that outdoors. You can see the old pot handles sticking out in the new pot. (hard shelled in this case)

View attachment 944624
Oh shit that's sick dude haha

dire wolf

dire wolf

Next grow..I suggest keeping the seedling in the solo cup (photo, not auto) for alot longer and glet the leaves reach the outer part of the cup before transplanting to a larger pot..It is easier to water in a small cup and the plant actually grows better than in a larger pot.

DO not TRANSPLANT AGAIN NOW..JUST WATCH HOW YOU WATER..keeping in mind that your aim is to have the roots reach /search for water and fill the bigger pot..
☝️☝️☝️

dire wolf

dire wolf

Do what buzzer said , and though he already said it , there is no problem with burying them deeper , ive had to do it twice with some stretchy seedlings for various reasons , dosent hurt the plant , just be super careful with the fragile root system

dire wolf

dire wolf

Do what buzzer said , and though he already said it , there is no problem with burying them deeper , ive had to do it twice with some stretchy seedlings for various reasons , dosent hurt the plant , just be super careful with the fragile root system
Sorry guys , i didnt see that you already posted this type of info in detail ....

Latest posts

Top Bottom