defoliating early in flower whoop

• Thread starter yobbocrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yobbocrack

I'm day 2 into flower and i keep reading about not defoliating leaves in flower as it can cause problems but with a topped plant its like you got no choice but have to defoliate as mid level leaves continue to over lap sprouting sites and blocks them.
Do growers just pick a few at a time and keep it to a minimum surely it couldn't stress the plant that much .

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

i am trying to strip hard ten days before flower multiple times try to fill out the canopy and get lowers into light as much as possible, flip flower, defoliate slowly and then strip up to the canopy after week two flower when you can see whats going to make the cut and whats not but have 80-90 percent cleaned before flip to reduce stress in flower. in stretch they are pretty resilient but i roll preventative every time

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I'm day 2 into flower and i keep reading about not defoliating leaves in flower as it can cause problems but with a topped plant its like you got no choice but have to defoliate as mid level leaves continue to over lap sprouting sites and blocks them.
Do growers just pick a few at a time and keep it to a minimum surely it couldn't stress the plant that much .
you can def defoliate day 2 flower and 3 weeks from now if the need be

Y

yobbocrack

here's a pic guys i defoliated some today at mid level but it gets cramped every 3 days or so with fan leaves i find this happens for up to say around week 4 then it slows down so i then don't defoliate i guess its probably best to slowly defoliate instead a of a lot at one time.

DSCF4796

Y

yobbocrack

this is from my last grow and it becomes too cramped its another reason why i want to change things for the next grow to give it more room.

12th 4

Y

yobbocrack

unless i had constant low humidity i would keep the leaves but my ambient humidity is ideal all these extra leaves do is increase humidity.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
here's a pic guys i defoliated some today at mid level but it gets cramped every 3 days or so with fan leaves i find this happens for up to say around week 4 then it slows down so i then don't defoliate i guess its probably best to slowly defoliate instead a of a lot at one time.

View attachment 1323561
You can pinch and bend them over. I see some space on the sides you're not utilizing You could pinch a few branches over at the height that green wire I see in the bottom pic........

you can pinch the stalk with your fingers..wiggle it back and forth and slowly bend them over 90* in any direction you want...just pinch accordingly . They'll perk back up in 24hrs....

if you happen to snap one...no big deal tape it with a small piece of duct tape and bend the next one over.......

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

You know this is a very touchy subject. You have some believe in hard defoliation and some will only pull leaves that start dieing. I have no problems with either. Some genetics are more robust than others. Anyway you look at it. The more training, plucking, and pulling you do any living things has to in a senses recuperate. Meaning slow its progress. Not being genetic disposed of certain breeds. Just my little two cents. Your issue may lie with you giving that girl to much light. Meaning give it a few more inches or more of space between the two. Or just dial light output down. But overall she looks good and healthy. A good light penitrates through leaves to a certain extent. Much respect and enjoy the fruits of fruition.

Y

yobbocrack

Hey PipeCarver i understand your point but if i got it right in the first place i wouldn't be touching the branches in flower i already got a better understanding with things this grow it makes the ideas of the next grow good.

The more training, plucking, and pulling you do any living things has to in a senses recuperate.
i agree i have notice sometimes the plant becomes slow are cutting too much in veg.
i think the light distance is close to being right the outer edge canopy could take more light but the top middle canopy gets enough.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey PipeCarver i understand your point but if i got it right in the first place i wouldn't be touching the branches in flower i already got a better understanding with things this grow it makes the ideas of the next grow good.

i agree i have notice sometimes the plant becomes slow are cutting too much in veg.
i think the light distance is close to being right the outer edge canopy could take more light but the top middle canopy gets enough.
The first 2 weeks in flower you can still pinch & bend them over, At around 3 weeks the stalks/stems stiffen and they're done their stretching its too late.......On a net in a sog you still bend the stems under until the stretch is over so manipulating them early flower is okay. Tough things these weeds they can handle a lot of stress.

Y

yobbocrack

yeah those buds are good for yeild and if grown good the popcorn is ok as well, i'm just defoliating up top near new sprouting areas every day maybe half a dozen fan leaves or so and some lower ones that overlap too much i see some water spots on leaves sometimes i just move them to dry out.

DSCF4823

Top Bottom