Defoliation questions

• Thread starter Growing4Fun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Munch517

Munch517

Should you defoliate during flower? Im entering the 3rd week of flower. Not seeing buds form yet. I could have started it too early... if thats a thing. ( 5 week veg after true leaves showed.)

The plant doesnt seem to be gaining any size lately and i was wondering if the growth is slowing it down. I dont want to stress the plant a whole lot and i am new to this, so any insight will be helpful.View attachment 944109View attachment 944110View attachment 944111

I definitely would not defoliate a plant that small at all, it looks like it should have been vegged for longer.

Defoliating is worth doing if you have a tangled mess of a plant and need to improve airflow, there's some debate as to whether it's worth it for the purpose of getting light to bud sites. From what I've read and heard there seems to be a consensus that defoliating for the purpose of focusing the plants energy on buds vs leaves is counterproductive.

I've tried extensive defoliation and the results weren't good. Now I only defoliate to keep up good airflow and prevent tangled messes of vegetation.

4plant

4plant

That plant looks healthy but definitely isn’t bushy enough to need any defoliation. You’ll just slow growth down.

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

Should you defoliate during flower? Im entering the 3rd week of flower. Not seeing buds form yet. I could have started it too early... if thats a thing. ( 5 week veg after true leaves showed.)

The plant doesnt seem to be gaining any size lately and i was wondering if the growth is slowing it down. I dont want to stress the plant a whole lot and i am new to this, so any insight will be helpful.View attachment 944109View attachment 944110View attachment 944111
your plant looks healthy and flowering but it not 3 weeks into flower , the are starting to form flowers but maksure you have 12 light 12 hr dark to flower (full dark)

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

I only defoliate to increase air flow, scrog for yeilds , as lower branches never yield any better. And I’ve seen no increase in yield via defoliation. I lollipop, and very slight defoliation for air flow reasons only.
Hope my answer helps

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

• plant from seed needs at least 2 months of healthy growth before flowering, the more mature the better it will be.
  • no don’t take of leaves for the sake of it, just ones that are more the 50% dying, even than the plant will discard once finished with it, during flowering, less disturbances are best!!
“plant from seed needs at least 2 months of healthy growth before flowering ”
But everyone's plants are different, so this is not necessary,
For sativa (including hybrid),4 weeks-6weeks(Six weeks are better, if it's a five gallon or more than 5 gallon pot ready to bloom ) ,and 4 weeks is enough)

Top Bottom