degradation of strain from repeated cloning?

• Thread starter supercharged
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The only way I've been able to keep them a year or longer (same mother) is by getting pretty brutal on them, transplanting the moment they flip into flower (this ALWAYS happens when they become root-bound) and when transplanted, instead of going into a bigger pot, I cut back the root-ball pretty severely. Sometimes by as much as 2/3.

NC's given a pretty good tip on doing it bonzai-stylee.

waayne

waayne

I always try and hang onto the original mother as long as possible.
2-3 years is the longest I have kept one and it got repotted and root pruned several times a year....
I always feed the moms just enough to stay healthy but I keep the N down some so I don't encourage mega fast growth....
11 foot ceilings helped extend her life as well >>Was kinda awkward though standing on a ladder to cut clones off a 9 foot tall mom...

Tobor is right on point, we're all taking cuttings not cloning.
:pimp:

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Yup, yup, yup!! What up waayne!! Me too, I like to keep the 2 or 3rd generation off from seed as my mom, the cutting will be soo much better and hardier ime, and I'll keep her for 5+ years easy, just cut the rootball down by a 1/3rd and growth as well. A lil superthrive and love..

My friend has an orig dj's blueberry cutting that he's been keeping, it's like 17+ years old and it's still going strong. I'd say some drift has occured, but still tastes and hits okay,but damn nice happy social high.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
THAT's what he gave to the Orange Krush! Been wondering, got some F2's I made two years ago from stock that was sent to me as Cali Blue soaking over the fridge right now. Lost the #9 cuts when I transplanted (all cuts melted, just... melted) a week ago, bummed about that because she was by far my favorite pheno and I still have pollen from that run, too. Anyway, I adore the lovely orange scent and flavor given by Cali O, but the best aspect of the resulting smoke is that it is such a happy, up high that allows me to get things DONE.

Good to know that I'm not the only one who'll go at a rootball with a knife. <grin>

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I say it's bullshit the plant stays the same yr after yr.. I'll bet u guys 1,000$ that were not gettin cuts straight from the moms.. We prolly get our cuts from a mom then 2 somebody els then 2 another person then 2 another person. By the time that cut makes it 2 the club it's been cut a grip of times & prolly not from the OG mom prolly from a clone from a clone many times then we get the cut from the shop & it's still Fire.. If the cuts degrade then all of the elite rare strains would b bunk.. But u people can believe what ever u want.. But MakinGoo says it's bullshit I'll take a clone from a clone anyday..I've been doing it 4 years I never keep moms.. I live in Cali we got plant counts over here.. Every plant needs 2 produce I don't have space juss 2 keep a mom.. I cut clones rite b4 flower.. Clone from a clone over here & always mega Fire..

Check this out Doggie if ur quoting me saying I've only grew for only 4 yrs.. Read my post again I said I've been doing it 4yrs.. My bad I ment (4yrs) meaning I've been doing it for a grip of yrs meaning a long time.. I didn't mean I've only been growing for only 4yrs.. My bad on the mix up but I've been growing sence I've been 17 & I'm now 35 doggie.. I've been at this 4 more then 4 yrs dog.. But like I said MakinGoo says bullshit but u can believe who ever u want..

Top Bottom