dehumidafier water/ AC water

• Thread starter reeldrag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reeldrag

reeldrag

can the extra water be used from AC units /dehumidafier/ ect. I thought I read some where on here that it could be dangerous becuz of certain bacteria but it was brought to my attention later that it is one specific type of run off water not to use. Any help or insite would be great

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

bro. im a horticultorist, call a green house and verify it. You can drink the water,it is allready a vapor so no dissolved solids are in it. Therefor straight h2o.

reeldrag

reeldrag

I understand what you r saying but I'm sure I read someware that some type can cause legionaires diesase. just not sure which type can make u sick but there is one that you dont want to mess with. Gonna do some homework on this thanks for commenting thou and welcome to the farm always good to have knowlegable people here

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

Well thanks for the hospitality. Im not trying to sound like a know it all,just trying to get the right info out there. I know not everyone has the extra money but, if you want the best you have to payup for some of the good stuff. You have a good weekend sir.

reeldrag

reeldrag

ok after some internet research heres what I could find they say not to drink it or water anything with it that u will be consuming while it is true that at the second of the water becoming liquid again it is safe!! so DR melrose you r correct aboout it being safe at the moment it becomes liguid again but the problem is there is no way to catch it before it comes in contact with the thousands of bacteria that live in and on these devises because there is water present all the time on cooling coils condensing coils ect. it is the perfect breeding ground for some very nasty bacteria and virus. And yes this is where legionaires d comes from

S

swisscheese

Bacteria easily grows in dehumidifier and ac condensate lines and filters you might want to ozonate it first or get a uv light I believe in your res.

A

atomic punk

The more I come here the more I learn I have used the condesated water from my air conditioner to water my plants thinking it is pure water. My water is well water. can there now be something in my soil/ plants that could be harmful.Reel you said not to water using this type of water if water has been used are any of these things systemic? I'll never use water from any unit again.
Thanks all for the insight,

S

swisscheese

The more I come here the more I learn I have used the condesated water from my air conditioner to water my plants thinking it is pure water. My water is well water. can there now be something in my soil/ plants that could be harmful.Reel you said not to water using this type of water if water has been used are any of these things systemic? I'll never use water from any unit again.

In my mini split and my dehumidifier they both had mold growing in them. The mini split had red mold/bacteria/whatever in the condensate line and the whole dehumidifier had grey mold/fungi growing in it.

reeldrag

reeldrag

from what I could find out on line I think MJ would be fine as long as u not eatng it raw the sites I saw on this subject were talking more about garden veggies where there is a chance that yes it could spead to them and many of these r eaten raw airgo the chance of getting sick I think the bigger risk with MJ is we handle the plants alot and then its on your hands then we rub our eyes or roll one and it transfers to what ever we put in our mouth. I have long thought about this but after everything I have read not a chance in hell now. I was shocked to see how much of this subject was on the web.

S

swisscheese

I just stunted a bed of wifi by using condensate water to water them it is free of minerals but needs to be sterilized of organisms before it is good to use imo. Most people cant keep the room and air clean enough to keep their condensate drug and disease free.

A

atomic punk

Thanks for keeping it real Reel and swiss I have used the air cond water as well and I've wondered how or why my girls havn't seemed to grow as fast as usual, this could be the reason. The more I learn??? I think KISS applies here and doing more is sometimes less. I've gone back to whence I came and will take things a little more slowly in expanding my feeding horizons.

Top Bottom