Denver Passes Zoning to Eliminate Caregivers

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuz

Too bad, the lawyers probably know. If they just zoned 12 plants in residential across the board it would suck, but this 12 plants for two patients and 0 for caregivers, whats the point? Caregivers plants stink more than patient grown plants or what?

R

RMCG

I fear that this will spread to other communities very quickly now that Denver 'got the ball rolling'...

Any other caregivers, err I mean Patients want to combine wattage/genetics and melt some more transformers?

M

mendel

12 big plants in your back yard in 45 gallon smart pots ought to yeild 25 lbs. Seems easy enough, fook em in the drivethru.........

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

What if there two people being there own caregiver and one has permission to grow more via doctor recommendation? I wonder if it still applies. There would only be 6 flowering but with the mom and clones be more than 12. 2 moms 6 clones 6 vegging. Rules suck!

sky high

sky high

Such a count (variance) isn't even gonna register with the cops/those comin in to fuck with you in a place that is so Nazi they are ALREADY bent on limiting your freedom via the number of plants >>THEY<< think you need.

Wot a mess...

s h

M

mendel

Its fairly obvious that this goes against the rules set forth by amendment 20. Too bad some poor sap will have his life turned upside down in Denver city court (lol) just to prove he/she was 'in the right'.

H

HappyGrower

Denver city

That is F@cked up. Guess with the Dispensorys greasing the palms of the local politications, they can get the city to do whatever they want. Screw the little guy. It all comes down to who has the most money to spend & Gain! I was in Denver living there last year for 5 months. From my experiance, a CareGiver is the way to go. Top Quality Meds Compaired to the Despensorys. Low Price's @ $300 a oz for Dank medican. The Dispensorys are way over priced. And I found that several of the Dispensorys, to get the MOST $$$ from Every ounce, they are running their medican through a Kiefing machine to pull off All the Loose Trichromes. Then instead of stating its been Kiefed, they sell it at FULL Price, and say nothing to the customer. To me, thats Ripping people off.

Take Care, HappyGrower :anim_44:

Dorje

Dorje

And I found that several of the Dispensorys, to get the MOST $$$ from Every ounce, they are running their medican through a Kiefing machine to pull off All the Loose Trichromes. Then instead of stating its been Kiefed, they sell it at FULL Price, and say nothing to the customer. To me, thats Ripping people off.

Take Care, HappyGrower :anim_44:

That is bad. Which dispensaries do this???

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

What needs to happen is some group needs to step-up and gather the 35,000+/- signatures of registered voters in Denver. This will put the matter up to the voters there. And with Denver residents already having decriminalized cannabis, they would likely not support such a CG ban/limit.

They have 30 days to gather these from the date of the City Councils decision, after they get the City Clerk to certify their ballot question.

I am not sure if anyone is doing this yet...

B

Budsworth

I sent a text message to my 3 patients today.

The oldest one (in his 50's) immediately called me. Boy was he pissed. He then proceeded to tell me he hates dispensaries. That even if he didn't mind them, he can't afford them.

He proceeded to tell me how much he loves our relationship and how he trusts me and how he loves how we gave our modest number of patients a reason to have a vested interest in our garden.

...and then as he was telling me that receiving so much free medicine from us was a blessing....he started to cry. :(

It was really fucking horrible. I've known this guy for over a decade. I've never heard or seen him cry. He's a tough guy.

This is just god awful. This was done with no thought for the patients.

D

DrGreenGenes

Man, Budsworth.....that tugged at my heartstrings...

:smoke

B

Budsworth

Man, Budsworth.....that tugged at my heartstrings...

:smoke

I don't even get it. Just impose a fine for stinky grows. Make it a progressive fine. We spent good money making sure we don't emit odors into our neighborhood. Because of that, our neighbors don't know.

Did I mention we have an absolute fantastic relationship with nearly ALL our neighbors (a couple we just don't know...but no bad relationships with any of them). Hell, they occasionally come over for drinks, and because we have no basement, they sit a few feet away from our grow room...and they still have no idea we have a garden.

And I deliver to my patients. So there is zero foot traffic coming in and out of our house.

Now, as we're seeing from posts here and elsewhere that people are just going to grow massive trees.

So they still didn't address the problem of odors, and just created a shit ton of issues that they're now going to have to deal with.

Progressive fines for "nuisance grows". Would have generated more income for Denver. A missed opportunity that I think most of us would've happily played along with. I don't offend my neighbors. Nor should anyone else. I think everyone would agree with that.

No foresight whatsoever.

H

halitzor

Hell I'm glad I'm in my illegal Midwest state now.

Its decriminalized here so its only $100 fine and treated like a traffic ticket. No plant number rules or anything here yet.

R

RMCG

Yeah, I'm beginning to think trying to 'play by the rules' is going to go by the wayside.

If you know how to do it illegally without getting popped, then 'nothing' has changed.

H

haole

I don't even get it. Just impose a fine for stinky grows. Make it a progressive fine. We spent good money making sure we don't emit odors into our neighborhood. Because of that, our neighbors don't know.

Did I mention we have an absolute fantastic relationship with nearly ALL our neighbors (a couple we just don't know...but no bad relationships with any of them). Hell, they occasionally come over for drinks, and because we have no basement, they sit a few feet away from our grow room...and they still have no idea we have a garden.

And I deliver to my patients. So there is zero foot traffic coming in and out of our house.

Now, as we're seeing from posts here and elsewhere that people are just going to grow massive trees.

So they still didn't address the problem of odors, and just created a shit ton of issues that they're now going to have to deal with.

Progressive fines for "nuisance grows". Would have generated more income for Denver. A missed opportunity that I think most of us would've happily played along with. I don't offend my neighbors. Nor should anyone else. I think everyone would agree with that.

No foresight whatsoever.

If it were me, I would treat the current situation almost like progressive fines for sloppy grows.

If your grow is neat= no one knowing. Sloppy and make a mistake? City can charge you. Typically up to 1 year prison time and 1,000$ fine from what I hear.

However, you have a right to demand trial by jury. Point being, I'd roll the dice until I could afford to move.

This isn't state or federal law, this is a municipal violation here, considered more minor than a misdemeanor.

K

kuz

If your grow is neat= no one knowing. Sloppy and make a mistake? City can charge you. Typically up to 1 year prison time and 1,000$ fine from what I hear.

Are you talking about zoning violation?

C

canaguy27

it has already passed. now we need 30k+ signatures to get it on the ballot

sky high

sky high

I saw this quote in the Post from Jeanne Robb

"As a result, twelve plants would be okay in a residence occupied by two patient-cardholders -- and if the household included another patient-cardholder, that third person "would have to get his medical marijuana from a dispensary," Robb explains. "Because they can still only have twelve plants."

WRONG!!!! I specifically asked Adam Mayo about zoning and how far it can go and he told me that my county's (tentative) proposal to limit a residence to 3/3 and 2 ounces would be UNCONSTITUTIONAL and an EASY case to win if there were more than one patient living in the house. I asked this question because n my case my wife and I are BOTH patients. He said there is NO WAY they can limit your INDIVIDUAL right to grow/possess.

None. None. NONE!

same with Robb's statement above. If there are 3 patients...they CANNOT TAKE AWAY THE INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO GROW 3/3 for the 3rd person holding a CO MMJ license!!

this shit HAS to be challenged soon....

B

Budsworth

I saw this quote in the Post from Jeanne Robb

"As a result, twelve plants would be okay in a residence occupied by two patient-cardholders -- and if the household included another patient-cardholder, that third person "would have to get his medical marijuana from a dispensary," Robb explains. "Because they can still only have twelve plants."

WRONG!!!! I specifically asked Adam Mayo about zoning and how far it can go and he told me that my county's (tentative) proposal to limit a residence to 3/3 and 2 ounces would be UNCONSTITUTIONAL and an EASY case to win if there were more than one patient living in the house. I asked this question because n my case my wife and I are BOTH patients. He said there is NO WAY they can limit your INDIVIDUAL right to grow/possess.

None. None. NONE!

same with Robb's statement above. If there are 3 patients...they CANNOT TAKE AWAY THE INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO GROW 3/3 for the 3rd person holding a CO MMJ license!!

this shit HAS to be challenged soon....

So we get our edible licenses and roll the dice. We were planning on getting them anyway as we both prefer edibles.

We've been so good about following the letter of the law. We aren't bad people. Hell, I've never even been arrested...and I'm starting to get long in the tooth.

Do we THINK this will be challenged? Or do we KNOW this will be challenged?

Another question...who was the dissenting vote?

Latest posts

Top Bottom