Denver Passes Zoning to Eliminate Caregivers

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

There is no "edibles license". Yer just flyin' blind. When I spoke with Adam Mayo he told me NOT to go there....that he didn't see any successful way to litigate such a case unless you are in a chair/damn near dead and can't make it into the courtroom on your own power.

Hopefully someone will choose to spend their attorney dollars UPFRONT to challlenge
Denver's BS and won't wait for the knock/arrest and have to fight their battle with public sentiment >>already<< damning them AFTER the bust.

Fuckers.

sky high

sky high

That's certainly an option, lifecycle. Kind of a running joke, really....

But in all reality, >no one< in Denver should be happy or settle for less than the 36 the State allows! If folks settle for this...what will COME NEXT?

Let's not forget that we had NO LIMITS on caregiverships just a few months ago and that 1284 DID NOT give the muni's/counties the right to regulate caregiverships whatsoever. In short, such decisions that are made by lowly city councilwomen/men are taking our freedoms away with no basis to do so. They just don't have the power to go THAT far.

And in the end it just isn't enforcable. Sput (I believe) made the analogy that you may not be able to change out yer car motor in the DRIVEWAY...but inside yer home? Fuckin HELL YES you can change out yer motor! Ditto with yer weapon...if you own one.... you can get in full camo and stick the bayonet on and play soldier all ya want in yer living room....but go outside and start doing tactical manuevers in the front yard and I'm wagering >someone< else in uniform is gonna be showin up b'fore too long to check out WTF you are doing.

Had Rambo stayed indoors ...who'da known?

Out of sight..out of mind.... ready those filters...size up/tune up that electrical service...and JAM the livin fuck out of it Denver! the number is 3-6.....36.

R

RMCG

I was going to say, everyone is throwing around 12 plants, but technically, with this new 'rule' it would be 6 in flower, max.

Sure, stagger them so they are a few weeks behind and are still in 'veg' but that ain't going to fly if they are in your room.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Before spring 09 the obvious dipshits got weeded out by the cops. Now with some people being so blatant about it, basically pushing into peoples faces and imposing upon their neighbors the city council had to do something. I agree that this is a maneuver by some feral bitch looking for attention, but at the same time if you give the city of Denver any reason to impose a fine they will. Democrat "we know what's best for you" behavior.

All the city is going to do is "take a sniff" only IF your neighbor calls. I had denver zoning after my ass for years after one of my old roomates screwed with one of my neighbors. She was friends with the zoning lady for my neighborhood. I had a decent crop at the time. I had to clean up the house, lay some rocks down to park my car on in the back yard and get rid of the weeds in the front and that was about it. After I cleaned the place up the zoning lady REALLY wanted to screw me somehow and make me move but she had nothing on me. I looked up denver zoning rules and made sure I was in compliance.

After having zoning up my ass for years I KNOW this whole 12 plant residence thing is a fucking joke. It's a fine the first time, probably $250, public nusance. A JOKE! Denver doesn't have the manpower to go looking for you and they know it, it takes a pissed off neighbor to actively make your life hell.

If your house looks well kept from the outside (beyond compliance with denver zoning) and there is no smell you could run 140 plant sea of green with 4x4 flood tables and no one would be the wiser.

Yea, that's the way we used to do it and still do it so we don't get fucked with.

How is the zoning lady getting into your house to check your plant count? She acted like I had to invite her into my front yard.

the CDPHE is in no way going to give caregiver info to denver county, health records can't be released for a zoning issue (what a joke).

This is going to effect 95% of caregivers and 90% will still be doing 36 plants this time next year. Contempt is the word.

How many other denver county zoning violations go ignored on a daily basis?

All of this put aside if I lived in Denver I would be out there getting signatures for a measure to put this on the ballot and rub it in the fur of that feral bitch. It's just the principle of the matter. Caregivers in Denver need to work fast to get this repealed and on the ballot (if you want it to be repealed).

K

kuz

Now with some people being so blatant about it, basically pushing into peoples faces and imposing upon their neighbors the city council had to do something.
No they didnt, thats the whole point. They already have ways to deal with odor and traffic complaints. If your neighbor dont like the smell of your garden, they should come and write you a ticket. No need to ban caregivers.

I can relate with what you say about the zoning lady, I treated her like a joke and she almost got me into court over it.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but the dept of health doesnt have to give zoning anything. Patient sends in paper work, they look up the caregivers address, see that its Denver residential. Denied.

sky high

sky high

IMO......If the CDPHE denied caregiver appps in such a way they would be in violation of Amendment 20/1284 because they are bound by STATE law, not what the bitch @ Denver City Hall says/does!

At least we HOPE that's the case.

Sheesh. Wot a mess...

s h

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

No need to ban caregivers.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but the dept of health doesnt have to give zoning anything. Patient sends in paper work, they look up the caregivers address, see that its Denver residential. Denied.

no one banned caregivers. Let's be clear on that. Denver just zoned out residential caregiver grows. just because you are registered as a caregiver at a residential address doesn't mean your caregiver grow is at that residential address. The CDPHE really doesn't want to know where you are growing, they want to know that you are providing meds for someone. Deny people medical access based on where they live, like that's EVER going to fly in CO. the CDPHE won't deny caregivership unless you've been blacklisted by them and it's VERY difficult for that to happen. I think there's only 15 or so people on that list. If you've been convicted of cultivation or abusing your MMJ card the CDPHE will suspend your red card for a year or so but you can reapply for one after that time. You can still caregive out of your home for your patients you just can't cultivate over 12 plants according to zoning rules.

If people involved in MMJ weren't being stupid, obvious, disrespectful, and greedy NONE of these regs would be in place. We were good for almost 10yrs before this because we were discrete. Folks from out of state thought it was a free for all when they moved in, didn't assimilate, and fucked up the unspoken rule "out of sight, out of mind". That should be the CO caregiver motto. Now it pretty much HAS to be.

Learn how to grow a discrete garden in an urban area or find another hobby cause you're fucking mine up!

Seriously, denver caregivers need to get a measure out there and put this to a vote. Call KBPI (the radio station), I'm sure uncle nasty would mention this on his radio show at the 4:20 hour if you told him the circumstances and where you were taking signatures (web site or whatever).

K

kuz

IMO......If the CDPHE denied caregiver appps in such a way they would be in violation of Amendment 20/1284 because they are bound by STATE law, not what the bitch @ Denver City Hall says/does!

At least we HOPE that's the case.

Sheesh. Wot a mess...

s h

I agree. What we are really dealing with is the fear of violent crime associated with large grows. Faced with that there is no telling what how far they will go.

B

Bobby Smith

Honestly, I kind of side on the Denver side of things.

I'm in an illegal state where I get a lot more than a $100 ticket if my garden is found, so security is of the utmost importance.

That being said, to not admit that MANY (have no idea how many or what %, but I bet lots and lots) of these "caregivers" are nothing more than drug dealers seems to be a bit naive, IMO.

Assuming you concede that many are indeed simply selling weed to people who have no "medical" need for it, would you want to live next to a 25 year old "legal" drug dealer (who has ZERO interest in trying to mask the fact that he is indeed a drug dealer, unlike illegal drug dealers) who may find himself in the middle of a robbery at any time, possibly endangering you or your loved ones?

Or his stony ass does some illegal wiring and burns the block down, again endangering you and your family?

Look, I'm all for full legalization, but it seems like some of you guys/gals need to take a step back and put yourself in other people's shoes who don't smoke weed and try to see things from their point of view.

If somebody knocked on my door right now and said "Hey Bobby, great news - you're now LEGALLY ALLOWED TO GROW 12 WEED PLANTS" I do believe I'd cum in my pants.

So again, life isn't as bad for you all as you seem to think it is - as others have said - 12 plants in a UC/MPB with 14-16K in lighting will give you 25 pounds every three months - how much more do you really need a lot more than that?

Not trying to be a troll here or anything, just trying to give you guys some perspective that "your life ain't that bad".

sky high

sky high

What we are really dealing with is a city that can make a SHIT-TON of tax dollars off the sales of MMJ if they can RESTRICT ANYONE ELSE from competing in any way, shape, or form.

All of the rest of their excuses are just fear-tactics created to drum up anti-MMJ support through old, worn out stereotypes. NONE of these fuckers know what it takes to grow med pot, they only know what it takes to grow ignorance and breed discrimination in the eyes of their gullible constituents. Unfortunately, they've done a goood enough job of it along the way that they can now get away with shit like this and nobody seems to call em out on it.....

"absolute power corrupts absolutely" Orwell

s h

T

TurboAllWD

Sky High- Well said!

Bobby Smith- It's easy for a drug dealer to call a caregiver a drug dealer imo. So who are the Denver caregivers going to sell their meds to? It's not just a plant count problem. Ever heard of keeping some moms around for genetics? Perpetual harvest? I don't see MPG's designed to run a bunch of different nute mixes for different stages of plant life. Bit more complicated than you seem to think it is, go ahead and call the majority of caregivers dealers, the majority of the ones I've met are far from it, including me. P.s. Nice fear tactics, but I'm willing to bet non smokers are more tired of dispensaries than caregivers.

K

kuz

Not trying to be a troll here or anything, just trying to give you guys some perspective that "your life ain't that bad".

I've said it before, I'm happy if all I ever do is flower three plants and have no worries.

Probably very few patients have a listed disease other than chronic pain, no idea what percent. Of the chronic pain patients there is really no way to know or determine whats legit and not. The way doctors hand out prescribed meds I think you could make a case that most people over 40 suffer with some sort of pain.

What we are dealing with is the politicians dont give any credibility to any mmj use. Its not just tax dollars, they also just feel safe and happy when they shuffle everybody into the regulated Centers. We are going to have to fight to keep the caregiver model alive, its not just to bitch about it.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

It will take a political influence, a lobby for caregivers and patients.

I should start the Colorado Coalition of Caregivers and Patients so we have a lobby. oh crapo, you're dealing with the C.C.C.P bitches!

Funded through a seed company just like marc emery! I'll donate half of the seeds from my breeding projects to fund this shit. We could get a huge collection of strains if folks are down. Sell them cheap, $35 a 10 pack retail. All proceeds go to bribe politicians!

D

Disco Duck

I agree. What we are really dealing with is the fear of violent crime associated with large grows. Faced with that there is no telling what how far they will go.

No, what we are really dealing with is just another case of people who believe they should have authority over others, and others should not be allowed to do anything they don't like doing, being in the last place they belong... a position of power. This seems to be the majority these days, which would indicate a slide towards civil war.

I'm a long time history buff, not an extremist.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Democrats! If it isn't regulated and taxed then it's illegal!

K

kuz

No, what we are really dealing with is just another case of people who believe they should have authority over others, and others should not be allowed to do anything they don't like doing, being in the last place they belong... a position of power. This seems to be the majority these days, which would indicate a slide towards civil war.

I'm a long time history buff, not an extremist.

I'd like to think so. People have a genuine fear of big grow ops popping up in their neighborhood. I see it everywhere, its actually why I'm trying to move someplace a little more rural. That and i've been here in the suburbs too long.

C

canaguy27

I'd like to think so. People have a genuine fear of big grow ops popping up in their neighborhood. I

The thing is is that those big grow ops are illegal anyways. A caregiver can't go over 30 plants here in Denver. (Well they can, but have to prove it)

R

RMCG

But when someone hears '30 plants', they have the wrong idea...

Talking 12 in flower, next round of clones or in veg and a few moms.

I would love to hear what a soccer moms 'perception' is of a caregiver grow-op is.

K

kuz

The thing is is that those big grow ops are illegal anyways. A caregiver can't go over 30 plants here in Denver. (Well they can, but have to prove it)

Right on.

Zoning inspectors cant to do anything about it anyway. So they solved nothing, just gave us a kick in the head. Its not illegal, the police as far as I know never enforce zoning. But I have to wonder about some unseen pitfall.

30 plants seems reasonable to me. 15 in flower couple moms, clones, veg. You could use 5 plants or 1 plant and accomplish the same yield. I think people just get scared when the hear about hundreds of plants.

Top Bottom