desperately In need of advice!

• Thread starter ayeob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I think what you’re experiencing is the movement of moisture within the buds to the dryer parts. Equalization, a good thing. 👍
Yup! I think they call it capillary action.

"Capillary action is defined as the spontaneous flow of a liquid into a narrow tube or porous material. This movement does not require the force of gravity to occur. In fact, it often acts in opposition to gravity. Capillary action is sometimes called capillary motion, capillarity, or wicking.
Capillary action is caused by the combination of cohesive forces of the liquid and the adhesive forces between the liquid and tube material. Cohesion and adhesion are two types of intermolecular forces. These forces pull the liquid into the tube. In order for wicking to occur, a tube needs to be sufficiently small in diameter.
Examples of capillary action include the uptake of water in paper and plaster (two porous materials), the wicking of paint between the hairs of a paintbrush, and the movement of water through sand."

ayeob

ayeob

hey guys so my jars are smelling good but when i pick up nugs individually they smell plain or like grass

definitely think the genetics were shitty… smells like reggie 😂😂

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
hey guys so my jars are smelling good but when i pick up nugs individually they smell plain or like grass

definitely think the genetics were shitty… smells like reggie 😂😂
Does it smell the same if you break open a bud and smell the inside?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
it kinda smells a little different doesn’t smell like the outside though

my fingers get sticky
Haha yeah sticky is a good thing 😂, I notice that I can smell the difference on the insides of the buds before I can smell it in the outside too

ayeob

ayeob

Haha yeah sticky is a good thing 😂, I notice that I can smell the difference on the insides of the buds before I can smell it in the outside too
okay, i mean it had only been a couple of days in the jar. it takes about a month to cure right?

ayeob

ayeob

Oh yeah I start seeing The real difference after a month some I have had curing for 5 months and damn is it good
damn so it takes that long? are these filled up too much?

Usually after the big humidity spikes in the jars stop you’ll start to notice changes daily to the aroma
yeah the humidity usually gets up to 67 so i’ve been burping them a few times a day. is that what toy men’s by humidity spike?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
damn so it takes that long? are these filled up too much?

yeah the humidity usually gets up to 67 so i’ve been burping them a few times a day. is that what toy men’s by humidity spike?
Lol no not by far I use gallon jars lol most of the ones in the tub haven’t been burped in 2 weeks, all sitting around 60% for fresher flower jars and around 55-57 for at least a month or older ones I keep 58% bodiva packs in the jars with them to keep the RH stable, I just burp them once in a while for air exchange

Yes as it’s curing it’ll release humidity from the flower, so you’ll get spikes, each time you hurp there will a bit less RH until it’s finally stable

CFD8C082 0903 47A5 A0B2 785361C49FF9
48F21C6B 0085 4426 9EE8 E1A6924665C2
ayeob

ayeob

Lol no not by far I use gallon jars lol most of the ones in the tub haven’t been burped in 2 weeks, all sitting around 60% for fresher flower jars and around 55-57 for at least a month or older ones I keep 58% bodiva packs in the jars with them to keep the RH stable, I just burp them once in a while for air exchange

Yes as it’s curing it’ll release humidity from the flower, so you’ll get spikes, each time you hurp there will a bit less RH until it’s finally stable
okay cool, yeah mine this morning the highest was about 65 other 2 were 64 and 63 i think so i burped them for a few minutes.

i thought boveda packs make the weed smoke harsher? do you put them in for long term storage?
THIS^^^^

Don't quote me on this because it's just my personal belief but I believe that when you reach that stasis I would define that as "Cured".
stable RH would be 60% right?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
okay cool, yeah mine this morning the highest was about 65 other 2 were 64 and 63 i think so i burped them for a few minutes.

i thought boveda packs make the weed smoke harsher? do you put them in for long term storage?

stable RH would be 60% right?
I haven’t had any problems with them personally, hopefully it stays that way lol

ayeob

ayeob

side question about my next grow, is it best to start the seed in a little solo cup and the. transplant it into the 5 gallon pot or does it not matter?

ayeob

ayeob

morning everyone, looks like the jars are staying consistent highest one was 65 one was 64 and the other is 62 hopefully in a month it’ll be back to normal and ready to be smoked
side question about my next grow, is it best to start the seed in a little solo cup and the. transplant it into the 5 gallon pot or does it not matter?
anyone have any opinions on this^^

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

little solo cup and the. transplant it into the 5 gallon pot or does it not matter?

anyone have any opinions on this^^
You have the best teacher already advising you sir;
🤷‍♂️

ayeob

ayeob

You have the best teacher already advising you sir;
🤷‍♂️
thank you! i’m bookmarking that for when i start my next grow!

@GNick55 🫡

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well you just have to follow one person germinating process until it pops..
mine is put seed in a glass of peroxide/water mix at 5-8% strength for 12 hrs give or take, than plant in starter pot/solo cup.. than place under light 18/6.. (a T5 light).. with a heating mat plugged into timer to come on with lights and off with lights.. i’ll have the pot on a perforated tray than that on the mat, so pot not sitting on mat directly.. temps 70-80.. humidity 60-75/80.. i’ll play with humidity %’s until she pops up above ground..
pretty much it.. you can do it this way and never touch the seed or seedling until transplant-just one of my ?? can’t remember the word? haha.. no biggie..
this method has never failed me yet..
you should be checking out my grow thread as i post vids/pics of all this stuff, if so go backwards through thread as most updated methods..

Latest posts

Top Bottom