DFG BMS BX1 X Mod Macberry Moonshine DTW Rockwool

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'm baaaaaaack. Y'all know who it is, and for those that don't, check my signature out for a preview of what's to come.

Same setup with a ton of improvements, I'm wrapping up the last bits on the to-do list of shit that drove me crazy last run. Taking my sweet ass time doing it too, since it's gonna be at least six weeks before I'll be taking clones.

As a reminder, here's what I'm gonna be working with.

Equipment:

4x4x7 Tent
720w Enfun QB boards (tuned to true 720w with a kilawatt meter)
4"x4"x4" rockwool delta blocks
Grodan Unislabs
12gal reservoir
3/4" PVC feed line with six feeder manifold
320gph sump pump for feeding
2x 160gph sump pump for mixing and draining the catch bin
AC Infinity T6 exhaust
AC Infinity S6 intake
Apollo 8 digital timer for feed scheduling
Apollo mechanical timer for light scheduling
A big ass dehumidifier for when shit gets hectic in flower
Bluelab pH meter
Amazon special EC meter (soon to be replaced with a bluelab truncheon wand because those bois are indestructible)
Rapid Rooters
Coco coir (for initial seed run)

Nutrients:

Front Row AG Part A & B
MOAB
Power Si Bloom
GH pH buffers
Flawless Finish
34% Hydrogen Peroxide

Genetics:

Dragons Flame Genetics Blackberry Moonshine BX1 X Modified Macberry Moonshine (testers) courtesy of @Dragonsflame

The method:

I'm going to repeat last run nearly to the T. That means I'll be starting the plants in rapid rooters and putting them in 1gal coco for their veg period until sexing happens. At that point, I'll pick the strongest female candidates that I think will perform the best for this run, and take clones in rockwool plugs. Then, once clones are rooted they'll go into the 4" deltas and be abused a little bit until they're thoroughly rooted. Once that happens, I'll drop em on unislabs and start the vegetative crop steering schedule. Will top until each plant has 16 tops (so three rounds of topping) and strip em naked. Let em rest for a few days, then flip.

The goal:

Avoid most (hopefully all) of what happened last time where I damn near ran out of vertical space, and some timer issues. I've adjusted the tent so I have access to all doors now so doing the trimming shouldn't require pulling everything out of the tent again which will aid in getting the screens in at the right times and right heights. I will also be posting a reminder note right next to the timer telling the dumbass in charge to not forget to set it back to automatic after fucking with the pumps or the timer itself. This should get me over the finish line without too many headaches this round.

Consider today day 0 -- beans are being dropped in a shot glass as we speak and will be in rooters tomorrow morning. Let's fuckin go, boys!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hell ya. Along for the ride. 🏍🪑
Really excited to see this one go, as I will be running this strain next as well!
i'm excited too! if life hadn't gone full stupid i would've done an outdoor run this year, but the universe had other plans. this way, it'll be like last run -- start mid summer and finish up dead of winter with just enough left to spare in the jars.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@Dragonsflame would you mind describing the lineage of these genes? I know the mother was mischief's cut for the BMS side, but I don't recall the other side about the MMM. For documentation purposes, of course -- no pressure bud!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
half the seeds were already starting to break shell after a little over 12 hours of soaking. lookin like we can expect the insane vigor from these beans that DFG is known for! their life is starting next to their spikey and not so spikey breathren -- ignore them floppy pricks, i didn't water em for like three weeks and they're kinda pissed at me.

PXL 20220716 210351789

PXL 20220716 211039029

tobh

tobh

Supporter
alright, some of y'all remember me bitching about two major things last round:

1. nutrient solution wicking up the underside of the sheeting and flooding the tent. this was a real issue throughout the entire run.
2. having to disconnect the piping at the res every single res change/top off.

well, today's project is fixing both. using great stuff expanding foam to insulate and solidify the now cut top on the cooler/res, which should help do two things: make the pieces rigid and keep the res temps reasonably chill for longer.

also using the foam to seal up the end of the sheeting and block any wicking. I also ran a 1/2" bead of silicon on the drip edge to hopefully prevent any solution that may try to wick up that direction from making it all the way up.

I also added screws to keep the gutters at the right angle for draining into the catch pan, and sealed the ends of the gutters with silicon to prevent any solution from leaking there as well.

once all the foam is cured, i'll be sealing it with a nice think layer of silicon. this should take care of a few major pain points.

tomorrow, i'll be reconfiguring the riser so that it is secured to the platform instead of the platform base, and will be making the entire feed line solid instead of having a length of irrigation line in the feed line. this will also put an additional downward angle for the T fitting I'm adding which will have a plug to function as a drain for the system when I need to take everything apart. after flooding the tent and my carpet when taking the system apart, I learned that lesson... again.

oh, i also painted the base then sealed it with flex seal should the tent flood again -- nothing like soaking wet wood to keep you on edge about mold...

all this should take care of 95% of the setup issues I had. testing will commence once everything is cured up and dried.

PXL 20220717 000008382

PXL 20220717 000003729

PK1

PK1

Supporter
what is your water temp in that cooler when the grow is running? I use a toat and need to figure to cool the water levels. ice bottles is becoming a pain. lol!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
what is your water temp in that cooler when the grow is running? I use a toat and need to figure to cool the water levels. ice bottles is becoming a pain. lol!
depending on how long the res lasts, it tends to peak out around 75F. It'll start at about 65F and creep up over a day or two. Hoping it'll stay cooler longer with the lid fully insulated now, but since this isn't DWC or RDWC, I don't really worry too much as the media is going to be whatever temp the tent is anyways.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
depending on how long the res lasts, it tends to peak out around 75F. It'll start at about 65F and creep up over a day or two. Hoping it'll stay cooler longer with the lid fully insulated now, but since this isn't DWC or RDWC, I don't really worry too much as the media is going to be whatever temp the tent is anyways.
ok thanks for the clearification on the room temp and rw temp.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Leaked tested the new plumbing and fixed a couple spots that weren't tight enough. gotta dry out the tent again, though, because while i was fixing the piping, i used the catch pan to catch drainage from the drain plug, then didn't put it back under the gutters. dumbass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom