• Tagged users None
N

nickcapuano

i forgot to mention i did flush each thoroughly this morning with plain water

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
this site is not working for me. is it working for anyone else?

That is apparently the site to go to since the site is under construction. I don't think it's available currently as I have had the same issue.

Cheers,
Crom

O

Octopus Sun

easy, not a nute problem or pH problem.
You have root aphids.
gets bad between day 20 and 30 doesn't it?
any fliers in your room, if so you have root aphids. not fungus gnats.
Bayer Tree n Shrub 15ml/gal

N

nickcapuano

This site has some good info about how to mix res' and nute precipitation, etc.

Good stuff under Nutrient Management on different ways to fuck up a res just by mixing it wrong. Reading a few of those tips might make you change your mind on letting your res climb to 6.5.

i was able to view the cached pages. thanks for that.

good info there

N

nickcapuano

i cannot believe this but everything i try, nothing works and leaves do the exact same thing.

is it possible this is not Mg but some other deficiency?
the more i read it sounds a little like K or even S. i have tried adding all different levels of Mg and never saw a change.

i even changed nutes on one of them after the last flushing. it has been on the lucas formula and it looks just like all the plants before.

anyone have any ideas? i could post more pics but the leaves are yellowing like the older pics. let me know i can throw some new ones up

thanks in advance!

IMG 20100827 225602
N

nickcapuano

ok i'll add some new pics anyway...

the previous post and the first pic in this post are the same leaves. the older pic is a few days ago and the newer ones are from today so you can see how they progress in such a short time.

IMG 20100830 165323
IMG 20100830 165339
IMG 20100830 165345
IMG 20100830 165400
IMG 20100830 165420
J

Jalisco Kid

What flavors of and how much K is in your formula? What was your run off when you flushed? What were your ppm'/pH going in and coming out? JK

B

brookstown

I sure you hope you figure it out. I'm having the exact same problem. I thought it was the city water, and you can evaporate the chlorine, but you cant get rid of the chloramine, which is the real killer.

JK would micronutrients help this?

N

nickcapuano

on one i am using PBP Bloom @ 15ml/gal and 5ml/gal Cal-Mag, the other i am using the lucas formula with GH nutes 8,16. do you mean what is the ppm for just the K in the formula? i will have to look that up and see if i can figure that out.

these are 6" rockwool cubes with the paper off in plastic containers surrounded in hydroton. i flushed each with 1 gallon of 5.5ph plain water and the run off was about 600ppm and 6.0ph.

i have been hand watering the one on PBP and the one on GH nutes and lucas formula is on a drip system with reservoir. i have been starting at about 950ppm and its been going to about 1050-1100 in a day and using almost 3/4 of a gallon of water per day. pH in the reservoir is very stable. i tried starting it at 5.2-5.5 and wanted to let it rise up to about 6 but it only goes up to about 5.7 max. the last 4 days i have raised the pH to 5.9 by using one tsp/gal silica and a small amount of ph up. i thought maybe i had something locked out because the pH was at one level only and not moving across a range.

N

nickcapuano

I sure you hope you figure it out. I'm having the exact same problem. I thought it was the city water, and you can evaporate the chlorine, but you cant get rid of the chloramine, which is the real killer.

JK would micronutrients help this?

i have a buddy that i helped get set up. we use all the same stuff except our water. he is using well water. he is not having any of these issues im having.

i thought for a long time it was my water. could this be it? Reverse Osmosis filter will solver this correct?

i have been using a zerowater filter and although its a PITA, i have been using it for side by side tests against my city water. things look better with the zerowater and it does read 0ppm on my meter. BUT the plants are still having this problem with this zerowater. Could there be chloramine in the water after the filter and it reads 0ppm? if thats possible, i guess it would make sense but i think when i am at 0ppm, it should be just like RO water.

when i mix the nutes however, the ph is at 4.8 but once a small amount of silica or ph up is added its very stable. one tsp/gal silica will take the solution to ~5.8 with no ph up.

i used the tapwater at this house a few years ago and had no problems but things may have changed in the water. i wanted to get it tested but i am thinking of just adding an RO filter. My water is only about 120ppm from the tap though so i didnt think it was that bad.

edit: i forgot to add about the water - the vegetative stage is fine. im not sure if that makes a difference but i am not having any problems until flowering starts.

J

Jalisco Kid

these are 6" rockwool cubes with the paper off in plastic containers surrounded in hydroton. i flushed each with 1 gallon of 5.5ph plain water and the run off was about 600ppm and 6.0ph.

What was the ppm of your plain water?
The PBP is a one part so it has a lot of buffers which might be why you do not see a pH drift that much.
Your post #22 3rd pic down looks like a classic K problem.
For 40 bucks you can get your nutes analyzed at most labs. Your local water supply will give you an analysis of your water for free. JK

N

nickcapuano

What was the ppm of your plain water?
The PBP is a one part so it has a lot of buffers which might be why you do not see a pH drift that much.
Your post #22 3rd pic down looks like a classic K problem.
For 40 bucks you can get your nutes analyzed at most labs. Your local water supply will give you an analysis of your water for free. JK

i wasn't sure of the exact numbers when i flushed last so i did it again today. 1 gallon for each plant(2 total). tap water that has sit out a couple days 140ppm adjusted to 5.5ph. the runoff was about 1 1/2 gallons 715ppm 5.9pH.

i am going to contact the water supply tomorrow to get the analysis. do i just need to know what are the contents or is there something else i need to get?

i know i read someone on here talking about the test of the contents was not enough and you also needed to know the alkalinity or the ammonia or nitrates or something else dealing with the ions or some shit i can't remember right now and i cant find it.

i'll contact them and see what they can give me and go from there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom