Diatomaceous Earth And Mycorrhiza

• Thread starter Caninobis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dude who peed in your cherrios ? leave the 15 second link if you're so inclined or think i haven't .

I don't wanna or need to be familiar with the bennies indo/exo etc etc etc - what each does or be a bennie expert. I bought some - now i don't want to kill them and we can disagree if that's not important . No need for scientific reason JUST DOES IT KILL'M........

JUST WANNA KNOW IF DE KILLS MICROBES TOO ? opinions on what a great bug defense - no arguement but its a fair question how far down the chain does it kill........

No doubt crushed / floured oyster shells are a great supplement and DE has great advantages too

personally if you've got a handle on ec and ppm good for you rock on......No need to be harsh just saying if you're so smart yuh coulda gave me the 15 second search link ! instead of being a douche about it ...... i 've been looking for the definitive effect on microbes BY DE ............. never found it ! Also wonder if ph down is harmful to microbes or if lemon juice or vinegar would be preferable for microbe health or if it even matters .............. A product CAN be good and serve a purpose and have pros/cons ........

Someone fighting bug attacks is not going to realistically care if their healthy soil microbes are harmed if they can save their plants ..KILL THE BUGS......however the healthy soil advocate without a bug problem it's a FAIR QUESTION..........

IDK if its fair to say DE is a viable silica supplement . SILLY me thought a forum was a good place for discussion . Not interested in what your smug attitude thinks is going to do me much good .......... 30 yrs in a closet and allllllll yuh got is ''don't work when wet '' and yuh dis me ?? for wanting more in depth info

I
First of all, what do you mean by beneficials? Are we talking bacteria and fungi? or are we talking nematodes and other predatory insects?
It will not harm bacteria or fungi, but it could potentially harm a predatory insect.

FirstBud

FirstBud

I read most of the posts and didn't see one of the biggest advantages of Diatomaceous Earth is it's a great source of silica, Doctor Bugbee loves silica, didn't mention Diatomaceous Earth but said vermiculite is a great source for silica yet when I google is vermiculite a good source of silica it comes back as no, it is not, but I've read in many places Diatomaceous Earth is a great source.
I'm using it with a ton of Dynamico and Mykos but can not say if the 2 hurt or help each other, till I know for sure I'm using both.

O

OliverPotHead

I had worries when I could finally afford to add Mycorrhizae and Rhizo. But decided to go full send anyway. Garden is doing👌! I have a horticultural buff brother. Who gave me an over complicated explanation. But we are safe to use DE in conjunction with our Benificials. I also recycle my soil. So DE is an ammendment I add when storing my soil for a couple weeks. Until I use it to tranplant the next batch. I hope this helps. I have no professional to consult on the subject. But I can attest to the increasing YIELD I am now blessed with since adding the beneficials!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I had worries when I could finally afford to add Mycorrhizae and Rhizo. But decided to go full send anyway. Garden is doing👌! I have a horticultural buff brother. Who gave me an over complicated explanation. But we are safe to use DE in conjunction with our Benificials. I also recycle my soil. So DE is an ammendment I add when storing my soil for a couple weeks. Until I use it to tranplant the next batch. I hope this helps. I have no professional to consult on the subject. But I can attest to the increasing YIELD I am now blessed with since adding the beneficials!
Amending DE to soil adds silica, but only kills bugs when they crawl through it. So, it's best to add it to the surface of the soil if you're using it to control pests. Rice hulls as an amendment also add silica and improve soil porosity as well.

I also had excellent results from adding mycorrhizae. Now I use it for every grow.

Top Bottom