dictating 1k light coverage?

• Thread starter SRHninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SRHninja

how do you measure the coverage of your light im rocking a G note banger i read that my grow area would be 5x5 but how do i measure this out on the floor?.. from the center of the bulb 2.5 ft each way? lol thx for the help

B

Bobby Smith

I wouldn't go much bigger than 4x4 for a solitary light, but with multiple light setups you can go up to a 5x5 footprint.

But yeah, in a square you would probably would want to put the light in the middle.............final answer.

JAWS

JAWS

hello SRH:rasta:
ya man your working a great spot 4sure, your set up as far as light * space were exactly the same but i do have ten-foot ceiling which does give me some options...

but ya like VELVET said in the summer time it will get hot so make sure your set-up for that grow time in advance 4sure...

put light dead center of your space and you will be fine, last time i ran mine with a 3x3 paro hood but this time im runing a bare bulb VERT style..

i had been runing two 400w but finaly desided to run a 1000w and its been the best move ive made in all the time ive been growing, the growth and yield is just crazy compared to the two 400w....wish i had made the change a few years ago...
just do it:rasta:

420blunts

like bobby smith said. if you talking about just 1 1k light then you will notice any plants outside of a 4x4 area not performing to well. with 4 1k in a square pattern you can do 5x5 for each 1k depending on plant size. overlap lighting will definetly increase yield if you have everything else in check.

JAWS

JAWS

4 1000w in a 25sqf space thats INSANE!, you can clearly tell that SRH is new to growing {no disrespect intended SRH}....

SRH 1000w in that space will work just fine dude, do not go over-board here.....run it like it is and if your not happy then change things up in the next round..
peace:talking:talking

JAWS

JAWS

yes i understand that but putting 4-1000w in there is way over kill and very bad idea for some one who does not have his growing skills top notched...

not trying to start anything just dont think SRH needs to be pushed in that direction at this time in his growing knowledge...he needs to start off a bit slower and make sure he gets a good VIBE this grow so he can fill good about MAYBE making sone changes in his next run...

one would need some big-time knowledge to be able to keep things in check in that kinda of set-up, the heat would be devastating to most growers in that set-up UNLESS they were very knowledgable in there growing skills...
peace:fighting0085:

420blunts

not trying to argue with you jaws in any shape or form. but i think you misread what i wrote. one 1k light will cover a 4x4 grow area better than a 5x5 grow area. a 5x5 grow area will get good coverage IF you have overlapping light. i recommended 4 1k's for 100sqft. because the overlapping light in a square shape pattern will help alot with covering 4-25sqft. not 4k's for just 25sqft.

JAWS

JAWS

hey 420:talking
ahh my friend that reads much better then i had been taking it 4sure, just trying to get the guy started off right thats all..
peace bro:banana1sv6:

420blunts

no problem JAWS. i too want to help SRH get started off right and not waste $ n time.

420king-MASSES

srh you nknow im not gonna steer you wrong brotha listen
1 x 1000 =5x5
2 x 600 =3.5 x 7 or 4 x 6 or even 4 x 8
1 x 400 = 3x 3
1 x 600 = 3.5 x 3.5 or 4x4
2 x 1000 = 5 x 10 5 x9 5x8
now imvho 600s are the best they give ya more bang for your buk but your intent on the g-note banger 5x5 is your optimum grow space dont let know one tell you any different my boy jaws is being legit with you ///now if using a light mover then your coverage space will go up but the light mover is a waste of money and electricity mine as well go get a second light instead of the light mover [i have 2 light movers and 3 light mover tracks and i dont think about using them

420king-MASSES

how do you measure the coverage of your light im rocking a G note banger i read that my grow area would be 5x5 but how do i measure this out on the floor?.. from the center of the bulb 2.5 ft each way? lol thx for the help

measure your floor space 5 feet x 5 feet so you will have 4 5 foot sides then place your light in the center so from the dead center of your light bulb the walls will be 2.5 feet away in each direction:thinking:talking

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I run (2) 1K per 4x8 tub. Sometimes dropping a extra 600 MH just for good measure. I dont believe in over kill if you can keep it cool.

JAWS

JAWS

hello friends:joint:
MASSES, thanks for the faith my brother:smoke

KING, your right bro but ive seen your grows your in the GREEN mode for sure....and i think were all agreed that SRH is fairly new so were just trying to keep him on a simple run through on this one...
peace:joint:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
1k light effectively covers a 4 x 4

you need between 50 and 75 watts per square foot of canopy

J

Jimmy Smash

if i was going to go with a 4x8 tent. would 2 1k with magnum xxxls be going over board, or should i go with different hoods? i plan on cooling both lights with a 6 in can fan. any ideas and thanks in advance.

S

SRHninja

LOL thx all and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! my set up is in the attic so the ceilings are slanted and widen as it goes to the point of the roof... so i have no walls... i just hung my light/reflector in the widest highest part where i could cover the most floor space... and i wanted to measure out that floor space..

(i have a dual 600 ballast runs 2 600's and i have yield master II reflectors for em ill set em up later)

with my light already being hung how do i measure the 5x5 light coverage?

i love the replies i did not count on this many this fast or i would have been active!

B

Bobby Smith

If you really want to measure the light coverage precisely, you need a light meter - I got a pretty badass one off of Ebay for $50 that goes up to 200 lux (about twice that of the sun).

If you're running two lights, you're going to be in a rectangular shape, not a square as with one light.

If running two 600s, I'd do a 3x6 area and have each light in the middle of its 3x3 area, although with the overlap you could move them a couple of inches closer to the perimeter (away from each other) and that would give you more even light coverage throughout (i.e., instead of placing them at 1.5' and 4.5', have it at 1.3' and 4.7', or something like that).

S

SRHninja

i got a 6x6 flood tray, a continious read out ph/ppm/epm meter and a 500gph pump, im planning on running my dual 600 (1200k) SOG style with a drip system... so ill be running Soil 1k and drip system 1200k this will be done by spring. and clone's will eventually replace seeds... but right now its seed from $20/ Gram..

20 plants
3 are a foot tall
the rest are inches only one set of true leafs under MH1k should i switch 12/12 throw the hps1k bulb on em?

Top Bottom