Did I Screw Em Up?

• Thread starter Zendro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zendro

Hey hope your doing good today my friend. I might have screwed up my plants photoperiod by moving them outdoors too early. My girls have been growing since early February, I put them outside around late April. I can't really tell if they've gone into the flowering stage as there's no signs other than the usual pistils they show when telling their sex. I assumed It'd be fine to put em out then cause the sunlight exceeded 12 hours a day but I now know that has no effect outdoors. Anyways I guess what I'm asking is if they did start to flower and have/begun reverting back to veg will this screw up my plants ex. cause hermies? Thanks for your time :)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey hope your doing good today my friend. I might have screwed up my plants photoperiod by moving them outdoors too early. My girls have been growing since early February, I put them outside around late April. I can't really tell if they've gone into the flowering stage as there's no signs other than the usual pistils they show when telling their sex. I assumed It'd be fine to put em out then cause the sunlight exceeded 12 hours a day but I now know that has no effect outdoors. Anyways I guess what I'm asking is if they did start to flower and have/begun reverting back to veg will this screw up my plants ex. cause hermies? Thanks for your time :)
No..youll just lose yield because its spending time reverting

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey thanks for the response. How would I know if it even transitioned into flower?
Itll start to bud. I had 2 last year that i screwed up. It take a month to get going again and a month of sun is a lot missed outside.

Z

Zendro

I can't tell if it has or hasn't ill take some pics later today.

Madbud

Madbud

Me too, single spacing nodes, pistils or bananas, so i cloned the females, 18/6 under the flourescent and separated the males. And thirsty? I could flood their buckets everyday.

Z

Zendro

If the leaves start making single leaflet leaves, a sure sign.

True I have heard that and have seen no signs of it. I think I'm trippin myself out honestly - cause when I put em out the time of "first light" and "last light" of each day was over 14 hours. Ill still post pics later

the rrock

the rrock

depends on your latitude but I see it happen alot with novice growers, mid april is too early (at least in my area) although you maybe lucky if you can put them under extra light time.What GT21 said pretty much nails it

Greenbum

Greenbum

So ur saying u started them indoors and what did u say the lighting cycles consisted of u had them under while inside?

R

redlife215

Watch out alot of misinformation spreading around here about beimg able to put pkants out whenever y want lol had sone dummy tell me he put his out in early april and peopke actually agreed with him. I put out pkants in early april to get a lil spring live resin harvest. Point being is wait till june dont end up trying to be fancy and beat mother nature. If u want monster pkants use supplemental lighting like everybody with half a brain

Greenbum

Greenbum

Watch out alot of misinformation spreading around here about beimg able to put pkants out whenever y want lol had sone dummy tell me he put his out in early april and peopke actually agreed with him. I put out pkants in early april to get a lil spring live resin harvest. Point being is wait till june dont end up trying to be fancy and beat mother nature. If u want monster pkants use supplemental lighting like everybody with half a brain
Yea bro I totally disagree with u there , myself and a few good ol boys I know have been putting them out on Easter day every year long as I can remember . And we have never had any trouble , of course they have their 3rd set of nodes by the time Easter rolls around most def.

R

redlife215

Yeah, sorry forgot to mention seeds are a diff story, clones will flower. @Greenbum u pkanting seeds right

R

redlife215

Yea its funny how seeds can naturally keeo themselves in veg and clones start flowering. I did plant alot of seeds this year but i am still puttimg em out june 1st jus cus they have been in my clone veg area

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I put a couple out may 8 doing ok but my buddy across the valley wont put out till june... He ALWAYS gets a frost.
As for april..april is a great time to screw up plants(clones) really well haha

Z

Zendro

They are from seed. Check these pics out...looks like I fucked em. Seems there doing single internode spacing as well as the three finger leaf. Should have done a bit more research well lesson learned that's the foundation for wisdom.

IMG 4131
IMG 4132

Second pic was to give an idea of size. They're big. If you've had this problem before, how much did it affect the yield? Thanks for your time I appreciate all your mind

Z

Zendro

So ur saying u started them indoors and what did u say the lighting cycles consisted of u had them under while inside?

Yessir, had them under 18/6 and moved them outside without adjusting their lighting scheduele. Real is making mistakes and how you deal the way I see it

Top Bottom