Did She Turn? Help!

• Thread starter JKSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JKSD

JKSD

I'm worried my lovely lady went hermie on me. Trying to determine what's up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Did she turn help
Did she turn help 2
Polar510

Polar510

Was it under High Stress before You flipped it?
I had 3 clones of tangie 1 hermied for unknown reasons.The only option was to ride it out, or reveg it.
So know I have a nice bag to make edibles with;)
But Mine Hermied alot worse then Yours.

JKSD

JKSD

My ladies have been living a better life then me. Super stress free. Been very aware of preventing light leaks. I think I may have planted a seed from a bag of hermie flower Could it be genetics? After months of getting them super cropped this is terrible! Should this be killed off then?

Polar510

Polar510

My ladies have been living a better life then me. Super stress free. Been very aware of preventing light leaks. I think I may have planted a seed from a bag of hermie flower Could it be genetics? After months of getting them super cropped this is terrible! Should this be killed off then?
Most likely Genetics then.
I kept Mine in the same room until harvest because the pollen sacks never opened and I ended up eating it;) Really kind of a personal call.

Monster762

Monster762

I don't see male either. Those little tear drop looking things are not male. They are in all kinds of bud. Male will show a cluster like grapes. I've only had 1 branch spit out male on a female. It was outdoor it was a lower branch and it looked like little grapes clustered but green. I wouldn't give up on it but if your scared of it effecting others seperate it. If it's the only plant let it rock out a minute n watch it.

JKSD

JKSD

I pulled a few of the calyxs off and tore them open and there were what appeared to be premature seeds inside of them. I also don't understand how a hermie can pollinate a female if the seed pods don't mature and there are no nanners...

Monster762

Monster762

I pulled a few of the calyxs off and tore them open and there were what appeared to be premature seeds inside of them. I also don't understand how a hermie can pollinate a female if the seed pods don't mature and there are no nanners...
Premature seeds. It did look like it may be seeding but that just means it's been in contact with pollen. Look at each branch closely. Look in crops of the branches. It will be like tiny cluster of greenish yellow grapes. Has that plant been exposed to any other plants? It looks like it's outdoor. Is it?

Monster762

Monster762

Premature seeds. It did look like it may be seeding but that just means it's been in contact with pollen. Look at each branch closely. Look in crops of the branches. It will be like tiny cluster of greenish yellow grapes. Has that plant been exposed to any other plants? It looks like it's outdoor. Is it?
And by premature seeds are you saying actual hard white seeds or just green that kinda looks like a seed? The shape of seed n little solid but still bright green inside.

Monster762

Monster762

I just zoomed closely at your pics n I see no worries there. And you got some frost. I see how you are looking at the structure it looks little like seed pods but some bud just structured like that. Dense little balls of nug in the nugs. I wouldn't worry too much. I always grew bagseeds outdoor n I've seen the dense little teardrops in the nug and had zero seeds when I chopped em down. Like I said look for tiny cluster of green grapes. If you don't see that I doubt you have a hermie. Now if it's outdoor it can be pollinated by some dumbass 1/2 mile always male blowing in the wind. but chances are slim of that.

Monster762

Monster762

Just out of curiosity, to which parts of the plant in those two photos are you two refering as male parts?
I wasn't reffering to any of it as male. I think jksd is talking about the teardrop shaped balls in the bud and on the branch which aren't male. I look for a green grape cluster , that tells me male. I don't see any in those pics. I think it's ok. If you know more speak up. I'm learning myself and always eager to learn more.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I wasn't reffering to any of it as male. I think jksd is talking about the teardrop shaped balls in the bud and on the branch which aren't male. I look for a green grape cluster , that tells me male. I don't see any in those pics. I think it's ok. If you know more speak up. I'm learning myself and always eager to learn more.

I wasn't referring to you. And yes, those "seeded pods" are just swollen calyxes which are actually preflowers. The reason they are swollen and look done is they were there way before the plant actually started flowering. And what may look like a seed inside is still just a swollen calyx.

Monster762

Monster762

See still learning. I didn't know what they were called but knew they weren't a male part.

JKSD

JKSD

I've been moving them outside every so often to soak up so fresh sunshine. It's almost like a sesame seed on the inside of the calyxs. White, semi hard. The buds are much smaller than those on my others even though this plant is larger. I was wondering why it wasn't blooming as much and when I found the sesame seeds things inside the calyxs I figured it turned hermie. Never had a hermie before so I appreciate all of the feedback in helping me know which route is best for the rest of my garden.

Monster762

Monster762

I've been moving them outside every so often to soak up so fresh sunshine. It's almost like a sesame seed on the inside of the calyxs. White, semi hard. The buds are much smaller than those on my others even though this plant is larger. I was wondering why it wasn't blooming as much and when I found the sesame seeds things inside the calyxs I figured it turned hermie. Never had a hermie before so I appreciate all of the feedback in helping me know which route is best for the rest of my garden.
I think your ok but if really worried leave that plant outside. It's time for flowers outside too.

Top Bottom