Did She Turn? Help!

• Thread starter JKSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I'm worried my lovely lady went hermie on me. Trying to determine what's up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

No those arnt pollen sacks you are fine

JKSD

JKSD

What are the white sesame seed looking things I'm pulling out from inside of the calyxes when I tore a few apart?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What are the white sesame seed looking things I'm pulling out from inside of the calyxes when I tore a few apart?
I'm no pro but here's my .02.

Yes they technically are "underdeveloped seeds" but if they are not fertilized they will not grow into seeds. Every calyx has them. They are reproductive organs after all

Think of them like ovaries. They need a male to put his magic in there to make babies (seeds). If not fertilized you get beautiful fat calyx sensimilla.

This is from me ripping them open thinking they were male parts and doin research. Never had a seed. Not one.

Just my .02.

fatawa

fatawa

quit ripping them open bro...if u had beans it wud look like a bananna tree n the crotch of the branches...or if it hermies its lil yellow nanners n the buds...not below the buds..those will swell up.

JKSD

JKSD

So wouldn't it be safe to assume any indication of a seed developing means it's hermie rather than producing pistols and calyxes without premi seeds?

fatawa

fatawa

I kno the search bar is a lil sketchy n u dnt always find what u want to answer yur questions.but theres many legit male pics,and hermie pics on here...yurs is painfully obvious its a female bro

fatawa

fatawa

So wouldn't it be safe to assume any indication of a seed developing means it's hermie rather than producing pistols and calyxes without premi seeds?
no......not wen u got who u got replying to u on this thread.take my cockyiness how u want.its yur plant not mine.shes no bruce jenner....

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm no pro but here's my .02.

Yes they technically are "underdeveloped seeds" but if they are not fertilized they will not grow into seeds. Every calyx has them. They are reproductive organs after all

Think of them like ovaries. They need a male to put his magic in there to make babies (seeds). If not fertilized you get beautiful fat calyx sensimilla.

This is from me ripping them open thinking they were male parts and doin research. Never had a seed. Not one.

Just my .02.

I like your style

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

This is a hermie....

Trust me EVERY calyx has them. Jut like every woman has the parts necessary to make babies if a man fertilizes them. The sperm (pollen) doesn't just "create" a seed. It fertilizes what is already there.

This is my genetic hermie. If you see these balls you will know brotha

IMG 5671
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Thanks everyone! First time on this forum and I appreciate everyone's feedback. Great learning experience for me. Much appreciated!
All good brotha that's how you learn. Lol. That's how I learn. By stressing and figuring it out. Hahaha. I would be more concerned with the thrip damage...

Inspect THOROUGHLY and treat accordingly. Research. Come back her ask questions.

Main thing is you DONT have males but you do appear to have some pests. Move energy to that. Lol.

JKSD

JKSD

You really wish you had a herm, don't you?

Not At the moment but figured since I had a bunch of people who seem much more knowledgeable than myself, I would take the opportunity to learn as much as possible on this topic since I'm hoping to never need to ask about them again. Thanks again everyone!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Not At the moment but figured since I had a bunch of people who seem much more knowledgeable than myself, I would take the opportunity to learn as much as possible on this topic since I'm hoping to never need to ask about them again. Thanks again everyone!
smart move.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

seeds pods yes
Do they usually carry seeds ... No
Sometimes when you toss pollen around like myself you get a few surprises.
It's mostly a genentic trait that some plants carry more than others. Most times its 1 or 2 at the bract like most Chem dog strains. If it was pollinated it happened a week or longer ago

You'll be fine a seed or two is a bonus

Top Bottom