Did you know herbs can help your symptoms?

• Thread starter beanz240
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beanz240

I have done some research over the years and checked with alot of "herbal resourses" throughout the states i.e.American Botanical Council, American Herbal Association and many others and found some interesting information.
You can make good medicinal products with just some simple plants and herbs. For instance....

BEFORE INJESTING OR INHALING CHECK FIRST!!!!
some are NOT for just eating or smoking!!! Also you may have allergies.

Aches and pains-Cayenne, kava,licorice and thyme can help

Anxiety-Basil, ginseng, kava, lemon balm, and passion flower

Arthritic pains-bay, cayenne, clover, and wild yam

Asthma-Echinacea, German chamomile, mullein, and thyme

High blood pressure-Chives, evening primrose, garlic, ginger, ginkgo, licorice, tarragon, and wild yam

Bad breath-Cilantro and parsley

Bladder infection-Slippery elm, wild yam, and yarrow

bronchitis-Echinacea, garlic, licorice, mullein, and thyme

Bug bites/stings-Aloe, basil, calendula, and plantain

Poor circulation-Ginkgo and hyssop

Cold sores-Echinacea, garlic, ginger, lemon balm, and sage

Congestion-Catnip, eucalyptus, mullein, and thyme

Coughs-Clover, echinacea, garlic, licorice, rue, thyme, and valerian

Cuts and scratches-Aloe, witch hazel, and yarrow

Depression-Lemon balm and St.Johns wort

Diarrhea-Blackberry, ginger,and witch hazel

Digestion probs-Angelica, anise hyssop, blackberry, caraway, dill, fennel, ginger, mints, slippery elm, and valerian

Ear infections-Echinacea, garlic, and mullein

Eczema-Evening primrose, violet, and witch hazel

Enlarged prostate gland-Saw palmentto

Fever-Borage and yarrow

Gas-Bee balm, fennel, ginger, rosemary, and sage

Hangover-Dandelion

Headache-Feverfew, rosemary, and rue

Heartburn-Angelica, anise hyssop, bee balm, fennel, ginger, parsley, and sage

Hemorrhoids-Slippery elm and witch hazel

Indigestion-Anise hyssop, blackberry, caraway, chamomile, cilantro, dill, fennel, and mints

Infection-Basil, bay, and oregano

Insomnia-Hop, oregano, and passionflower

Laxitive-Chicory

Migrane-Fewfever

Muscle relaxant-Catnip, horehound, kava, lavender, valerian, and wild yam

Nausea-Blackberry, cilantro, dill, and ginger

Poison Ivy/Oak/Sumac-Plantain

Sore Throat-Anise hyssop, echinacea, lemon balm, and sage

Upset tummy-Mints, slippery elm, and valerian

Now you will want to check with allergies some pregnant women might not want to use some. If anyone else knows some neet uses lets see 'em

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Hey great info beanz.. So are you supposed to vaporize these herbs or just ingest them?? I know the cuts and sores are direct application, but the others like insomnia I am curious about.

B

beanz240

Now i'm sorry i didnt clarify, I would READ UP OR ASK BEFORE you somke or eat anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for this blaze i'm going to edit the post to say this.

But ok for the insomnia i make a tea.
1tsp of dried catnip leaves
1tsp of dried mint leaves
1tsp of dried marjoram leaves
1tsp of dried chamomile leaves
Blend them all together thoroughly. Scoop out 1-2 teaspoons of the mix and stir it into a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for about 10 minutes, strain out the herbs and drink.

S

sunnyDaze

Oh wow Thanks soooo much for sharing such wonderfull information with all of us. I am going to try some of those.

B

beanz240

Very fine read thc thanks for adding on. Some people don't even realize just how helpfull and simple these things can be.

N

Nuglover

Yo beanz, For seasonal allergies. I take 2tsp local honey every morning(with my coffee). I had horrible allergies always ending up getting sinus infections.(deviated septum from broken nose didn't help) Since using this I've had one sinus infection in almost 2 yrs.Used to get one every 3-4 months. I'm not saying it's a magic bullet, but it helps. :)

B

beanz240

Thanks alot Nug, as the season has been changing i've been so stuffed up and getting nose bleeds everyday (few broken noses also). I will be giving this a try, thanks again

N

Nuglover

Thanks alot Nug, as the season has been changing i've been so stuffed up and getting nose bleeds everyday (few broken noses also). I will be giving this a try, thanks again

It's best if you can find local honey that's unprocessed. I like mine with the honeycomb still in it.

P

punkadc

hi beanz240!:hi
im interested in your method for asthma, my girl has asthma, and i think some natural therapy could really help her!

GREAT POST, btw!

B

beanz240

hey beanz what about the bad breath.. what method???

Try a few ways...First you can make a myrrh, cayenne tincture and use a few drops in warm water. myrrh and cayenne makes a great mouthwash.
Or 2 teaspoons of chamomile let steep in boiling water for 10 minutes and drink. Chamomile kills germs and will reduce the risk of gingivitis.
Or simply chew some cilantro seeds, it also helps an upset tummy.

hi beanz240!:hi
im interested in your method for asthma, my girl has asthma, and i think some natural therapy could really help her!

GREAT POST, btw!
For Asthma try some of these
boil water over a few Eucalyptus leaves and inhale the steam.
Or...This one works wonders. Try a half teaspoon of dried horehound in a cup of boiling water, let it steep for 10/15 minutes before straining and drinking. Tastes like poo so i sweeten it with some honey.
Or another good one is...Pour a cup of boiling water over 2 teaspoons of dried leaves or flowers of Mullein, let it steep 15 minutes strain and drink up to 3 cups a day. I find the flowers to be a little bitter so i stick with the leaves.
Now i wouldn't use the mullein more than 2 weeks.
FYI Mullein was first called bullocks lungwort because it cured lung disease in cattle.

Top Bottom