• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Going to enclose the end of the tent next to the wall,
Air conditioner, dehumidifier, co2 bottle and carbon filter will be in there.
A/C will be hardliners from the source,
6 inch pipe to 8 inch pipe to a 10 inch pipe, to both 10 inch top holes on the tent,
10 inch 90 on the left. Still need more mechanical fittings.
Home Depot had a stove top piece that fit perfect to 6 inch pipe.

3F04982B A241 4347 B805 E8639721FC44
8D02B201 8350 479A 9D14 3976A10D673F
C7E85373 C9C9 4446 90D7 D2E328940BC4
Scotty420

Scotty420

Going to enclose the end of the tent next to the wall,
Air conditioner, dehumidifier, co2 bottle and carbon filter will be in there.
A/C will be hardliners from the source,
6 inch pipe to 8 inch pipe to a 10 inch pipe, to both 10 inch top holes on the tent,
10 inch 90 on the left. Still need more mechanical fittings.
Home Depot had a stove top piece that fit perfect to 6 inch pipe.
I'm totally following this, I've been thinking about trying to do something similar but I questioned whether one of those fans could produce enough static pressure to push through that much duct, interested to see if it works, I was just going to go through a side vent close to the unit. So I'm intrigued if it will push it up & over that far.

Another thing I was concerned about is how to get the AC unit to read tent air. Usually they just sample return air, but unless that's also ducted from the tent it's going to be taking the temp of the room it's in, which may make tent temps hard to control. I really hope it works because I wanted to do something similar & I have access to a full sheet metal shop 😃

steamroller

steamroller

Another thing I was concerned about is how to get the AC unit to read tent air. Usually they just sample return air, but unless that's also ducted from the tent it's going to be taking the temp of the room it's in, which may make tent temps hard to control. I really hope it works because I wanted to do something similar & I have access to a full sheet metal shop 😃
I use an inkbird ITC308 to controll my AC unit.
I place the temps sensor in middle of my room,
Definitely made my AC more accurate.
I set the Inkbird for desired temp and AC on lowest cold setting..

Scotty420

Scotty420

I use an inkbird ITC308 to controll my AC unit.
I place the temps sensor in middle of my room,
Definitely made my AC more accurate.
I set the Inkbird for desired temp and AC on lowest cold setting..
Good to know that works I have the controller 69 so I could use that I just wasn't sure if it would work with the units now almost all having digital controls.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I’m going install an air exchange fan from some point in the tent so the ambient temperate will be identical. A relief damper up high to control pressure in the tent. It’s up high so I can control the co2 level

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Love my HVAC contractor🥰
Scored a 10 inch piece of pipe and the reducers I needed, unfortunately he did not have the 10x10x10 tee I needed and Johnstone supply is a special order.
I’ll try a couple other suppliers in town first
BC2FEA24 4547 4E9B B3F8 BE8B8F027977

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hell ya!!
We’re in business!!
Obviously there is more airflow at the end of the run,
But I think that will work great because I’ll be drawing air back to the other end so it should balance out if my calculations are correct:)

Scotty420

Scotty420

Honestly you have the piping sized kinda backward. You should come off the blower in the biggest pipe & after the tee reduce down. That way as you remove air from the pipe at the tee the lesser air amount goes into a smaller opening maintaining static pressure. Honestly though as long as there isn't a divider on the inside it probably won't matter much you will just probably get a lot more air out of the 1st vent.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Honestly you have the piping sized kinda backward. You should come off the blower in the biggest pipe & after the tee reduce down. That way as you remove air from the pipe at the tee the lesser air amount goes into a smaller opening maintaining static pressure. Honestly though as long as there isn't a divider on the inside it probably won't matter much you will just probably get a lot more air out of the 1st vent.
I’m going to put a reducer on the far end
8 or 6 what do you think?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
To difficult to put a bigger pipe on the unit end and still have access to the controls

Scotty420

Scotty420

I’m going to put a reducer on the far end
8 or 6 what do you think?
As I sit here & think about it I come uo with 2 theories on how air would react in that setup. My first though was that air would take the path of least resistance which would seem to be the drop directly into that 1st vent. However the more I think about it the fact that you're going to lose your pressure at the reducers the air might continue forward as that's the way it's being pushed & it may just jump right over that tee.

Honestly I think I would do a 6 if I was doing it at the end of the run where the last elbow goes down into the tent. In essence that will create a choke point. That will increase velocity coming out of the 2nd vent & also force the pipe going to the 2nd vent to fil up & pressurize forcing air down the 1st vent

Top Bottom