• Thread starter banditxiv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mitygrows

I just got 4 solis tek from eBay for 450 shipping and handling new

banditxiv

banditxiv

Thanks for your help guys I think I'm going to go with some ipower ballast I found some on eBay for around 85.do I have to buy that adapter if I have hydrofarm hoods?thats what I read somewhere aarp adapter or something like that.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Grow amps, phantoms and the NEW nanos are (I believe) the only 2 fcc compliant ballasts on the market right now. If you're running tons of ballasts close to your smart meter or your neighbor is a ham radio operator this is something you may want to consider. Good point. I was suggesting the STK1000 not the matrix just to clarify.

I think Hydrofarm moved factories with the quantum because the new ones are white not orange. Dunno how reliable the new ones are. We ran the old ones for years and they're hit or miss depending on the batch. We run mostly lumateks now but they're currently back ordered while retooling the ballasts to be Fcc compliant.

Any of these ballasts work well. They all come in on the top of the par spectrum along with the Gavita remote ballasts.

IPower blows @420circuit.. Get a par meter ;)

420circuit

420circuit

Sometimes we look too hard and focus on details too much. For a home grower who has a couple lights the difference between a top shelf ballast and a cheap one won't be noticed, but the cost will be. I am quite pleased with the iPower 600W units.:D
7 29 2013 NL OMG

banditxiv

banditxiv

Nice.I'm just looking for something reliable not to expensive but if there's one out there that will work better I won't mind spending a little extra for some good ballast.

J

jeff1962

Sometimes we look too hard and focus on details too much. For a home grower who has a couple lights the difference between a top shelf ballast and a cheap one won't be noticed, but the cost will be. I am quite pleased with the iPower 600W units.:DView attachment 485198
monster gardens did a par test on ballast..solis tech first, lumiteck and phantom follow close..the thing that got me was the solis tech had 35 percent more light than the only magnetic Ballast in the test. .thats a big difference

clockworx

clockworx

I have a 1000w solistek matrix with remote used for a short time as a back up, it's like new in box with papers/remote/cords ect. Cheap if someone is interested. I also have a 600 ipower.... The solistek ballast are rock solid though, got 10 of them on 12hours a day for the last I don't know how many years, never even a flicker...

Latest posts

Top Bottom