Digital ballasts vs. Wireless internet

• Thread starter Third Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boywonder

Just bought a 400w digital Lumatek, and its interfering with my TV!! I got lines scrolling down the picture!! Its deffinately the ballast coz when I switch it off the pic is crystal. Any suggestions?? Do you think I've got a faulty lumatek?? Or is it just coz I'm using an internal tv aerial??

Bw.

M

Mr.Wakenbake

hmmm... what color is the ballast? If it is the blue lumatek then you have an old model with little RF shielding built into the casing. IF it is the purple one, and you are getting this, i suggest putting it as far from the t.v. as possible. I don't run off of an antenna, i use satellite. I have never had a problem with either my 600 or 400w interfering.

Try to separate the two things as far apart as possible.

I suggest getting an outside antenna that wires through the house. No rabbit ears if that is what you are using. Also, is your television digital or analog? Could have alot to do with it.

Maybe someone else who has had the same prob could respond.

T

Twisted 1

Im looking to buy one soon, so I would like to know more. It sounds like I should get a purple one for sure.

I have digital cable, so I dont have a antenna...what chance do I run of having this same prob.

Thanks

B

Boywonder

hmmm... what color is the ballast? If it is the blue lumatek then you have an old model with little RF shielding built into the casing. IF it is the purple one, and you are getting this, i suggest putting it as far from the t.v. as possible. I don't run off of an antenna, i use satellite. I have never had a problem with either my 600 or 400w interfering.

Try to separate the two things as far apart as possible.

I suggest getting an outside antenna that wires through the house. No rabbit ears if that is what you are using. Also, is your television digital or analog? Could have alot to do with it.

Maybe someone else who has had the same prob could respond.

Hey Wakenbake :) Thanks for the input mate :) I have a new Lumatek, its Purple. I got it straight from the shop last week. Yeah, I am using the "rabbit ears" style of tv antenna, and its is analogue, and the ballast is in the same room, so all this could be the problem. I'm thinking of calling the shop and asking if they can check it for me against another ballast just to see though. I dont really watch that much tv, I'm on here most of the time lol:), I'm more concerned with if its affecting my neighbours tvs at all. Dont wanna attract any unwanted attention :) Thanks again friend :)

Bw.

Top Bottom