Digital lighting. What kind of Digital Lamps for your kids?

• Thread starter Nobodynobody
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

When the digital thing came around. Not many lamps was able to run it. My friend was burning out new lumateks left and right till the shop asked if the lamp was digital. Well that fix his problem of returning another lumatek.

I been having a hard time find a Cheap MH or HID lamp for a digital lamp.
I used cool delux from sunmaster. Witch seem to be OK. Have not done research but the hydro shop says it works... There not always the smartest ones.

What about HPS? hortilux and lumatek has got digital lamps not long ago. Sunpulse been in the game but cost is OUCH.

Think my next builds are going to be old school trusty lamps. They last way longer before switching out the lamps. 12-18 mos sounds better then 6mos. That is IMO

H

Hydrohelper

the 2012 Super Hps from Hortilux as well as Ushio lamps works awesome with digi ballasts now. If you're looking for something a little bit cheaper I'd suggest the Ultra Sun lamps, Ive used those before with digi's as well theyre good

V

vierundzwanzig

ultra sun here... cheap too
sun pulse has big ad in new high times price might increase

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I currently use Ushios for MH and and Hortilux for HPS, which I think is kind of an industry gold standard, which is reflected in the cost. I'm considering switching to Digilux simply because of price, and folks who use them seems happy with them.

For those running 600s, I asked a Hortilux rep why there are no (or very few) 600w MH lamps. The HID market is driven by commercial lighting (warehouses, garages, stadiums) and indoor gardens, even large commercial ones, represent a small fraction of their overall market, and there is no commercial use for a 600w MH. Unfortunate, but it makes sense.

I'm running phantom ballasts.

outwest

dankworth

dankworth

Digilux rocks for price. Performance is very good IMO. Peaks in the right places for spectrum. I like vegging under their 1k MH. I like 1/2 hps 1/2 mh overhead, cheaper and better than any dual arc.
Plantlightinghydroponics has the best prices I have found.
And they have a very good 600w mh, and hps as well. Best 600 watt mh I think.
And digital friendly. Works well with my lumateks.
Do not dim your mhs.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Do not dim your mhs.

I've heard that before, and read through the thread here. Because I'm running both bulbs in a small space, when I move the clones in, I dim both lamps until they are established. I have not had problems. What's your take, DW?

outwest

opt1c

opt1c

I've ran Ushio, Hortilux, and Digilux... the Ushio bulbs are better made; no noise if you swing it around in your hand, solid... but they all work and if you're only using them 2 runs and then buying new ones i'd go with the digilux bulbs

dankworth

dankworth

Dimming MH kills them quick as shit. Takes their bad lifespan, makes them much worse.
HPS tolerates dimming much better.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Dimming MH kills them quick as shit. Takes their bad lifespan, makes them much worse.
HPS tolerates dimming much better.

Gotcha maybe I'll just run the MH full blast until they are established, then add the HPS. Thanks.

outwest

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Did not know digilux came out with an MH. I just got done with a round with their HPS. Price is fare too. Looks like I be going for digital from here on out for the price. How many mos do you guys think they can run. 6mo still for digital bal?

dankworth

dankworth

Did not know digilux came out with an MH. I just got done with a round with their HPS. Price is fare too. Looks like I be going for digital from here on out for the price. How many mos do you guys think they can run. 6mo still for digital bal?
Their mh is bad as fuck. No joke. And 55.00 before shipping at plantlightinghydroponics, can't remember if I mentioned that already.
If you have the environment to make use of all the light, I would say replace lamps every run. It will pay for itself. If you are not optimized yet, then I would say every 4 months for hps, every 3 for mh if you are trying to keep shit really bright. But you can run them a while longer than that.
Keep in mind MHs lose brightness noticeably faster than HPS.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Their mh is bad as fuck. No joke. And 55.00 before shipping at plantlightinghydroponics, can't remember if I mentioned that already.
If you have the environment to make use of all the light, I would say replace lamps every run. It will pay for itself. If you are not optimized yet, then I would say every 4 months for hps, every 3 for mh if you are trying to keep shit really bright. But you can run them a while longer than that.
Keep in mind MHs lose brightness noticeably faster than HPS.

I can't afford to be that aggressive with changing out my lamps. Here is a little tip to optimize that switch. . .I always wait until flower to put the new bulbs in, that way to bulk of the production under the brightest lights.I replace my lamps every other run. I will be switching to Digilux for my next replacement.

outwest

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I got 2 buddys that do not switch it out now till it burns out.
One guy just has to much to take care of. I get him dont fix it till it needs it.
Other friend tested a light on a lumatek pare up with an hortilux super hps. One year later test the lamp with the light meter. Next day was out. He switch the lamp. Then my ears heard that it was JUST as bright as the one used up 1 year. Not sure what kind of meter he has but i will be asking him now that it crosses are minds.

I wait 3 rounds for my bloom room witch has half and half MH & HPS lamps. 6mos with my veg room for MH.

Why is digilux bad for MH? Should I just keep to my cooldelux from sunmaster as old trusty?

dankworth

dankworth

http://t1.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAQv5-u1jaf5rzIdZMfkOc0XfpbQgB4yXaaCCu0RlT3rKttyavrw
I got 2 buddys that do not switch it out now till it burns out.
One guy just has to much to take care of. I get him dont fix it till it needs it.
Other friend tested a light on a lumatek pare up with an hortilux super hps. One year later test the lamp with the light meter. Next day was out. He switch the lamp. Then my ears heard that it was JUST as bright as the one used up 1 year. Not sure what kind of meter he has but i will be asking him now that it crosses are minds.

I wait 3 rounds for my bloom room witch has half and half MH & HPS lamps. 6mos with my veg room for MH.

Why is digilux bad for MH? Should I just keep to my cooldelux from sunmaster as old trusty?
http://t1.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAQv5-u1jaf5rzIdZMfkOc0XfpbQgB4yXaaCCu0RlT3rKttyavrw
Bad as in good.

dankworth

dankworth

Making you a
http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_Cft4Dxkacfh-xGSyOoN__Fk3f8XGJFlIOp_IXp7VQmM32dvZtw
Smooth criminal.
http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKubVL8X44D00XZKXmnqiNbVZs7MtxBopXfB4_PiOk8wgqP-CL

Latest posts

Top Bottom