Digital microscope reviews and discussion

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hey guys I got a wireless digital microscope from my girl for Valentine’s Day. Totally caught me off guard as I had it in my wish list on Amazon and she went in and found it. Anyways, I wanted to do a little review and start a thread for other people to drop reviews for other digital microscopes they may have or even regular microscope. Just leave a brand and model then add a few pictures taken with the microscope and maybe a few pics of the microscope as well.

I got a “STPCTOU wireless digital microscope 50x-1000x 1080p handheld portable mini Wi-Fi usb microscope camera with 8 leds”. You can paste that quote in Amazon and find it. Don’t know if I really trust all the specs but it’s not a bad digital microscope for 40$. As the description says it has 8 leds in the tip that are adjustable brightness, there is zoom in and zoom out hard buttons and a power/take picture hard button then the focus. You can connect it to a pc or most android and iPhones. When connecting to a phone you must download a app to be able to communicate with the microscope. It came with a decent base to hold it in different positions, I would highly recommend getting one with a good base so you can get clear photos.
Digital microscope reviews and discussion 2
Digital microscope reviews and discussion
Digital microscope reviews and discussion 7
Digital microscope reviews and discussion 3
Digital microscope reviews and discussion 4
Digital microscope reviews and discussion 5
Digital microscope reviews and discussion 6

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I bought a cheap mic stand to pair with it.
Awesome photos! I'm curious, did the microscope fit in the holder that normally holds the microphone on the stand you bought? I have a hard time with these things holding it steady enough to get everything in focus long enough to see anything. The mic stand would hold it steady and if it had a boom extension, it would allow you to get it in position and hold it steady inside the tent. I have a small hand held microscope and it's almost impossible to use to look at flowers. To get a decent look at the trichomes, I've always had to take a flower off the plant and put it on the table, and even then it was a total PITA.

Great idea for sure. I have one of those mic stands if the microscope fits, I may have to get one! Thanks!

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Awesome photos! I'm curious, did the microscope fit in the holder that normally holds the microphone on the stand you bought? I have a hard time with these things holding it steady enough to get everything in focus long enough to see anything. The mic stand would hold it steady and if it had a boom extension, it would allow you to get it in position and hold it steady inside the tent. I have a small hand held microscope and it's almost impossible to use to look at flowers. To get a decent look at the trichomes, I've always had to take a flower off the plant and put it on the table, and even then it was a total PITA.

Great idea for sure. I have one of those mic stands if the microscope fits, I may have to get one! Thanks!
I agree it sounds like a great idea. The base I got with mine isn’t all bad but something bigger and more sturdy would be amazing. Keeping the microscope in a fixed position will help with view and pictures.

Silk689

Silk689

Guys definitely have a look at an app called “WISH” loads of microscopes and half the price of amazon. I have the microscope above but holding a steady focus is crazy annoying. I use a handheld one thats 60-100x. Can see trics perfect. Ill send a pic of the microscope.

DanC520

DanC520

Yeah, it basically slides in the mic holder part (I’m sure that’s the technical term). The piece is firm rubber, so has some give.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I have one of the cheap usb scopes from Amazon like the OP. They work fine as far as the image goes. The hard part is stabilizing the scope in the tent. I used a microphone stand for a few tries. It's still a pain in the ass to get focused. So now I check trichomes with a digital camera macro shot. Much easier.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I have one of the cheap usb scopes from Amazon like the OP. They work fine as far as the image goes. The hard part is stabilizing the scope in the tent. I used a microphone stand for a few tries. It's still a pain in the ass to get focused. So now I check trichomes with a digital camera macro shot. Much easier.
I would agree in the grow room to check trichomes I mostly just use a 16x jewelers loop. I wanted the microscope just to grab some great photos for here and other platforms I use.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have the same one and they offered a free stand if I gave an amazon review, I did and I said just what you said about stabilizing it....The stand they sent is solid and holds the scope firmly while adjusting the focus...With the stand it's a tool...without it and with the flimsy stand it came with it's just a toy...

100 6698
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I have the same one and they offered a free stand if I gave an amazon review, I did and I said just what you said about stabilizing it....The stand they sent is solid and holds the scope firmly while adjusting the focus...With the stand it's a tool...without it and with the flimsy stand it came with it's just a toy...
I definitely like that base you got! Looks nice and sturdy.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

I have the same one as you. I went to get that free stand as well but my review had to be 5*. I was actually going to give it 5*, but the second they asked me to give them 5* I said “fuck your company and it’s fake ass reviews!”
so now I just have the crappy stand it came with…and regret.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I have been using one I bought off Amazon that looks the same but its rechargeable, and takes video in 1080p, and connects to the phone with bluetooth. I just turn the video on and hold it by hand and watch my phone. as it moves closer or farther from the bud it comes into focus. It is hard to get a long video for sure but short 1-2 seconds on each bud checked works pretty well. It does work pretty well for just pics too as you can hold it and push the pic button on your phone so the microscope doesn't move and go out of focus when pushing the button on the side. The brand I got is Maxsee. I think its the same as others I saw when shopping though. I have never used the stand but it doesn't look great. I think I paid $40-50 but its been a bit so I could be wrong.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Yeah, it basically slides in the mic holder part (I’m sure that’s the technical term). The piece is firm rubber, so has some give.
So I was reading a bit about this microscope that I think was the one you said you have DanC-

I was curious if you can control the microscope with the app and smartphone? For example, do you have to adjust zoom and focus on the microscope itself or can you do those functions with the software and smart phone?

Thanks for all your help!

Top Bottom