Digital microscope reviews and discussion

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tedmarx38

All, great content and tips. Question: to determine when to harvest, are trichomes on the leaves indicative of those in the bud? It seems easier to snip a leaf sample and take it to a table so you can focus better with a scope. But, do those mature at the same rate as the ones on bud?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

All, great content and tips. Question: to determine when to harvest, are trichomes on the leaves indicative of those in the bud? It seems easier to snip a leaf sample and take it to a table so you can focus better with a scope. But, do those mature at the same rate as the ones on bud?
No you want to check the trichomes on the bud itself and not off the sugar leaves. The leaves will turn amber faster than the bud will.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I found the tips earlier in this thread very helpful in getting the microscope steady for good viewing. I picked up the Sky Basic wifi microscope and it's super cool when you can get it steady and stable. The microphone stand worked very well for this.

The Sky Basic is super cool cause it works with an app that makes taking great photos very easy, you just need to hold it steady. This has given me by far the best look at trichomes yet and I'm stoked to use it for my upcoming harvest in ~3 weeks or so. In the meantime, I've been practicing and taking some amazing photos,

IMG 0237

IMG 0238
IMG 0241
IMG 0243
IMG 0244
Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
I've got one similar. I didn't get a stand with mine which is fine because those stands are really small in comparison to plants.

I do have a expandable tripod (expands up to 4') that I attach mine to. It allows me to get nice and close to the plant, focus in and take images. I can't imagine using a magnifying glass after using this.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Been practicing with the microscope some more, so much fun to see close up. About two weeks to go and lots of milky trich's and a few clear here and there. Oddly enough, I am seeing some yellowish trich's, perhaps on their way to turning amber? I dunno but cool nonetheless.

IMG 0251
IMG 0252
IMG 0253
IMG 0254
IMG 0255
IMG 0256
IMG 0257
IMG 0258
IMG 0260
IMG 0261
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Been practicing with the microscope some more, so much fun to see close up. About two weeks to go and lots of milky trich's and a few clear here and there. Oddly enough, I am seeing some yellowish trich's, perhaps on their way to turning amber? I dunno but cool nonetheless.
Yes your correct about the “yellowish” trichomes they are the ones changing to amber. It is a lot of fun getting up close and observing the plants on this level.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Playing around with the microscope again.

Hi bud sorry it’s a old post however it’s still relevant at least to me.

Sadly the link is a unavailable product as by your review it seemed like a good one.

Kinda wish i had read it before.

My eyes can’t really see that well so I just ordered a wireless microscope as the handheld cheep ones I have I am having trouble seeing anything with them anymore.
Tried a few different ones to no avail so took the plunge & ordered one.

Are they no good at all for looking at the trichs in the tent.

also it looks like they have a mini usb my computer doesn’t
I have a iPhone I just was given that does will i need a computer to set it up

Thanks for your or anyone else’s time

6F87B5F3 CDAF 4956 A186 392571A10F45
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
May as well update
It works fine in the tent.
not the best pics below I haven’t got used to it yet albeit I can see clear enough way way better than I could with the old £5 scopes

The stand though is awful

The buds are not mine & to me they look 🤢 was given it to see what I thought not even gonna smoke it looks awful & dirty

D3E749BC 29C2 44FD BEAC 5ACAA62FAF93
56E06DAA 6EA4 4704 BCD4 BA67A688CD10
F77871F7 D60C 43D4 9E83 CF42D032654D
quirk

quirk

Hi bud sorry it’s a old post however it’s still relevant at least to me.

Sadly the link is a unavailable product as by your review it seemed like a good one.

Kinda wish i had read it before.

My eyes can’t really see that well so I just ordered a wireless microscope as the handheld cheep ones I have I am having trouble seeing anything with them anymore.
Tried a few different ones to no avail so took the plunge & ordered one.

Are they no good at all for looking at the trichs in the tent.

also it looks like they have a mini usb my computer doesn’t
I have a iPhone I just was given that does will i need a computer to set it up

Thanks for your or anyone else’s time
I just purchased the SkyBasic on Amazon. 2/4/23.

Sky Basic
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I have one of those microscopes, too. It was very helpful for me when I was having problems with spider mites last summer. I could easily see those little monsters and even get a video of them moving, especially if I poked them with a needle. It worked best to cut off a leaf and put it on white paper. I was able to get it mounted to a camera tripod for examining the plants, but sure could have used a better mount for it.

iceman3000

iceman3000

4743FF5C 87EE 411E 828F 06940D23408B
9B8E3D5E 9456 42CE 98DE 5DD7A5546F31
guys please help me out.. 25yrs and always see something new eating plants.. been fighting what I thought was a RA problem.. 1000x scope and this is what it is.. you can seen many of them sucking on the roots.. have no clue WTF they are or how to treat them

Top Bottom