• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Unkown cross Lemon Pepper pheno

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

From what ive read and understand plants build up hormones during night cycle and n Top of that at the end of ripening the plant is not getting enough dark time to biuld up full potential of hormones to finish ripening ,,, why i dont know but reminds of when some cats get some results way different outdoor and indoor... Just another salty statement potentially worthy of consideration..
Nice! Mine will be finishing up in the next week or two. 8.5hrs light.
Crazy nice and i cant wait to hear about the smoke report ... Are any of these from that high male female ratio?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've read that plants actually calculate darkness length so they can conserve their sugar production. Throw them off with too long an unexpected dark period and they suffer a form of shock and can stall. This doesn't happen if the lights are left ON for an extended period; as long as the plant is getting its needs met it's fine. Clearly, it builds no blooming hormone or response as this goes on, but for adjusting cycles it works great.

ttystikk

ttystikk

My own current thinking is no more complicated than just mimicking nature by progressively reducing day length. Since I run a perpetual, this just means adjusting a few timers every couple of weeks:

First quarter of bloom gets 12 hours of daylight
Second quarter of bloom gets 11.5 hours
Third quarter of bloom gets 11 hours
Final quarter of bloom gets 10.5 hours

I'm not doing this as consistently as it might sound, I just started. So far, I really like the results but this comes with the caveat that I'm making a lot of improvements and I can't in good conscience give all the credit to this or any single change I've made recently.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow, that's really short! Why such a short day length?
It's using that much less electricity, if outside we would want a minimum of 8hrs in full sun, and I wanted to see what would happen. Right now they're flopping over pretty hard despite getting such a rough start. The density of the buds, despite my problems, are blowing my mind. Mostly I wanted to see what would happen and how far I could push it (lessening the daylight portion of the photoperiod).
From what ive read and understand plants build up hormones during night cycle and n Top of that at the end of ripening the plant is not getting enough dark time to biuld up full potential of hormones to finish ripening ,,, why i dont know but reminds of when some cats get some results way different outdoor and indoor... Just another salty statement potentially worthy of consideration..

Crazy nice and i cant wait to hear about the smoke report ... Are any of these from that high male female ratio?
No, these are all clones that I'd planned on putting outside, but then messed up my timer and didn't discover it til I noticed that EVERYONE was in full flower. So, I decided fuck it, I'm throwin' 'em in the flowering room to let them finish instead of trying to force the re-veg. Also, I'm about out of the bud the robbers left me, and that's leftover from the year before last so I would REALLY like some fresh weed.
I've read that plants actually calculate darkness length so they can conserve their sugar production. Throw them off with too long an unexpected dark period and they suffer a form of shock and can stall. This doesn't happen if the lights are left ON for an extended period; as long as the plant is getting its needs met it's fine. Clearly, it builds no blooming hormone or response as this goes on, but for adjusting cycles it works great.
Plants can do maths!

Given those facts, though, I'm considering just giving them that shorter daylight from the beginning, see what happens. What I forgot to do this run was MARK THE DAY I FLIPPED THEM. <facepalm>

ttystikk

ttystikk

If you run an unnaturally short full-length throughout your whole cycle, your girls will finish faster, but with less yield. This is my own personal experience, using indica dominant strains at the time. Btw, next to no stretch either- but I bet that had as much to do with strain characteristics as any other factor.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whatever stretching that was going to occur happened in the greenhouse. Thanks for the heads up on just going with a shorter photoperiod, this gives more credence/weight to using a diminishing schedule instead.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Whatever stretching that was going to occur happened in the greenhouse. Thanks for the heads up on just going with a shorter photoperiod, this gives more credence/weight to using a diminishing schedule instead.

This is a driving reason I'm looking to upgrade my environmental control systems- right now, it's a mish mash of separate timers and separate climate control. I need to fully integrated it, so I can set up a cycle that includes a steadily diminishing light interval along with changes in the other usual climate parameters.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Clearly the plant is doing more then just conserving sugars and clearly you have a problem with more than one of my opinions so why is that??? Ive noticed plenty of comments that suggest you think im putting out false info ..... Maybe your plants will remind you how much you dont know about pot plants and if you played close attention to comments ive made in the past you would know that i often say take it witha grain of salt!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Clearly the plant is doing more then just conserving sugars and clearly you have a problem with more than one of my opinions so why is that??? Ive noticed plenty of comments that suggest you think im putting out false info ..... Maybe your plants will remind you how much you dont know about pot plants and if you played close attention to comments ive made in the past you would know that i often say take it witha grain of salt!

No problem. Just an occasional difference of opinion...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Yah!!!!!!
About to bump this thread ......
Thinking about flipping at ten on for a month then finishing with either 9 1/2hrs or 9 .....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

About to flip Chemdog#4 x gsc #3
Red dragon
&
White Bubba should get interesting in the next week or two

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Howd that plan go??? The Glr Beans going in Root Riots in a week or so. Lets scream loud and proud, that the glr is legit...
Respect
I'm starting at 10on 14off 1st month and
9on 15 off second month
Everytime from now on

Lil side note I transitioned from GLR to outside with ZERO hermaphrodism from anything and half flowered right away putting half my crop finishing right before the big freezes which is greaat for me cuz I have no greenhouse and will finally have steady medicine coming in till Nov. Godwilling

Top Bottom