Diminishing Flower light schedule....

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

Switching on its head is changing lights on from being on in night instead of day?

This is correct. The advantages include using cooler night air to cool an open room- or at least the hogs in s sealed room- and often, lower electric rates during off-peak hours. Also, if your open vented room is shut off all day, it's that much less likely to be detected.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thanx and i forgot to label the photo. Both are shots of Uprising OG my pheno #2....never found out from Uprising Seed co. How many phenos are common but i found atleast 3 different phenos in a tester pack of thirteen. She smokes as good as she looks...if i get a chance ill make a back cross cuz i saved some brother pollen :) and all 5 phenos (sisters) are in Uprising OG TLO tester thread...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

This is correct. The advantages include using cooler night air to cool an open room- or at least the hogs in s sealed room- and often, lower electric rates during off-peak hours. Also, if your open vented room is shut off all day, it's that much less likely to be detected.
I see the advantages ive just always tried to follow the natural sun cycle but i see how that could challenge people especially the heat of peek summer and cold of peek winter!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I see the advantages ive just always tried to follow the natural sun cycle but i see how that could challenge people especially the heat of peek summer and cold of peek winter!

Indoors, you are God. This is not about ego, lol, it's a fact. You set the cycle. Who cares if the light inside is on when it's dark outside? Do the plants? Why would they? They respond to the conditions you create. Running your lights at night, both summer and winter, is efficient and helps you maintain better conditions for them- and for you, if you don't let all that heat go to waste.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The bottom line here is that a diminishing flowered light schedule is a programmable engineering feature. This, along with many other automated controls on plant parameters from nutes to humidity is how we determine what the plants see- read, "experience"- from cradle to grave. It is this holistic approach that determines productivity.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Im going to stick to growing along with the regular day schedule. Im not saying your wrong. Im saying i am going to give the sun and moon the benefit of the doubt...i have faith that the sun and moon have more impact then just light or lack of light. Peace
Im by no means GOD not even metaphorically, indoor or out!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Im going to stick to growing along with the regular day schedule. Im not saying your wrong. Im saying i am going to give the sun and moon the benefit of the doubt...i have faith that the sun and moon have more impact then just light or lack of light. Peace
Im by no means GOD not even metaphorically, indoor or out!

But you are. Shirking the responsibility that implies changes nothing, except your yields.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Come again?

To your garden, you are God. You hold the power of live and death, you control the sun, the nutrients, whether they ever see pollen...

The simple truth is that the better we are as Gods of our gardens, the better our results. I'm implying no super power, but neither am I going to discount the extent of control we exercise over our little worlds.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ahhhhh ya theres a few things i dont understand about indoors and outdoor. Im not down with the GOD analogy thats all but i understand you. Stay up bro!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ahhhhh ya theres a few things i dont understand about indoors and outdoor. Im not down with the GOD analogy thats all but i understand you. Stay up bro!

This isn't about religion or spirituality, it's a simple acknowledgement of the power we as gardeners hold over what's living in our grow rooms. My point is to take that power seriously, or expect less than serious results.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Switching on its head is changing lights on from being on in night instead of day?
Yeah, but right now I can't say as it's going to work very well with overnight lows NEAR 70*F. Right now I'm wishing I'd gone and done that temperate tank I had dreamed about all those years ago, because I could totally cabbage the chiller the system would have required!

Think about this, too, in relation to what ttystick is layin' down on you here--the earth is a sphere. Do the plants know where on the sphere they are, in relation to the sun and the moon and day and night cycles? Not in the sense that would really affect things like circadian rhythms. So, you could totally put your girls on the Japanese day cycle, and they wouldn't really know the difference except in their sushi.

What I'm futzing around with is shifting the cycle to take advantage of the coolest hours (going to make another change today) while ensuring they have at LEAST 12hrs dark (more in this scenario, because they've become acclimated to a 14hr 'night'). In order to avoid 'starving' them during a longer night, I'm taking a couple of days to make the shift, if that makese sense.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Yo Caveman how have you been bro. Hope all is well with you
Its going bro... Just waiting for logics blessings to give away seeds to watch testers grow my beans i tried it a year ago and got no response and now its going on a week with no response IDK... But sitting out this outdoor season is taking a toll i hope i can put something in the ground soon but doesnt look good... We will see what God has in store for me. Only time will tell. Peace and chickem grease

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yeah, but right now I can't say as it's going to work very well with overnight lows NEAR 70*F. Right now I'm wishing I'd gone and done that temperate tank I had dreamed about all those years ago, because I could totally cabbage the chiller the system would have required!

Think about this, too, in relation to what ttystick is layin' down on you here--the earth is a sphere. Do the plants know where on the sphere they are, in relation to the sun and the moon and day and night cycles? Not in the sense that would really affect things like circadian rhythms. So, you could totally put your girls on the Japanese day cycle, and they wouldn't really know the difference except in their sushi.

What I'm futzing around with is shifting the cycle to take advantage of the coolest hours (going to make another change today) while ensuring they have at LEAST 12hrs dark (more in this scenario, because they've become acclimated to a 14hr 'night'). In order to avoid 'starving' them during a longer night, I'm taking a couple of days to make the shift, if that makese sense.

There is a much simpler way to do this that won't shock your plants, and is much easier to manage. Just leave the lights ON until the right time comes to shut them off under your new schedule.

By the way, 70 degrees is a lot more manageable than 100!

Plants are not counting the amount of time they spend in the light- just the dark. In the light, they're making food so they aren't going hungry. If you want to flip your light schedule, just leave the lights on for an extra 12 hours or so. I've done this on many occasions in the past with no ill effects at all.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Really...? In full swing of flower, just let them not experience the dark phase...?

Wish I'd read this yesterday! I've already done the final shift, so it's lights ON at 12am, when I'm hoping things are beginning to cool down sufficiently to get the room to good temps, and off at 9:30am. Woke up this morning to a tropical 73.5*F@5:50am. It ain't gettin' any cooler than that today! It's weird getting up here in California and finding that it's warmer outside than inside. Puerto Rico, I'm used to it, we always use A/C overnight, even in the old peoples' homes (it's the ONLY time we use the A/C in some homes), but not out here in California, IN THE MOUNTAINS.

In the meantime! I've got to stake some girls, they be floppin' ovah.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yes, in full swing of flower. I've even kicked around the idea of running some weird flowering schedules, like 24 hours on and 12 off, for example.

Latest posts

Top Bottom