Dirtbags Hydroponics Thread.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
No, I'll be changing that promptly. When I disconnected the pump some water backflooded the lines and stirred up sediment in my cisterns. Happens every time I change the pump out, it costs me a sacrificial filter. I should really have a 3rd canister on here too.
Have you ever taken the water restriction or sprayer off your kitchen or bathroom taps for a min or 2? The black shit will flow for a min before running clean again...Freaks people out when I've shown them. its just sediment but ugly if its not been done in a while.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have you ever taken the water restriction or sprayer off your kitchen or bathroom taps for a min or 2? The black shit will flow for a min before running clean again...Freaks people out when I've shown them. its just sediment but ugly if its not been done in a while.

I haven't but I recently replaced all my faucets. I'll try that in a couple years lol.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Alright.. gonna shift gears for a min. Can't share many pics of plants for reasons, but I'll be able to soon. In the meantime thought I'd share a cool toy I picked up today for work.

Imagine having an 80cc dirtbike strapped to your back that was capable of producing hurricane force winds.. meet the Echo 9010T.

This bad ass backpack blower cranks out an eye watering 1110cfm at 220mph. It'll peel the roof off the doghouse and blow the trampoline Into the next yard over. As far as I can tell, it's the most powerful backpack blower to ever exist. And since bringing it home I havent stopped smiling. I'm a massive sucker for outdoor power equipment and this item here just tickles my berries.

Gearing up for a winning season in commercial landscape maintenance. It's taking up a lot of my time lately and as a result I've been lurking more than participating. But that'll change soon.View attachment 1096660
Nope, shindawa:)

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I haven't but I recently replaced all my faucets. I'll try that in a couple years lol.
When you shut the water off to replace your taps did you run the water full blast with the aerator off? Try it...take it off at the tap, run the water for 1 min full blast and watch it come out. You should do that to every tap once and a while. If you see what I'd expect then you'll do all the taps.😀

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Okay so I bought some Geotek Pro-silicate. After reading its safety data sheet I see it can be explosive if mixed with acids.....lol....good to know I guess. I was warned when I bought it to add first before adding other nutes then ph the mix before I add my other nutes???

With me doing that before adding nutes will I'll have to do it again after adding nutes? something is amiss in me brain. Can you help alleviate my confusion?😕😕

Could I not add this stuff to my water cycle? rather than me fking up with the too many chemicals out on the table at one time during their feed cycle...something is bound to get mixed and I don't need the off gas fking with whats left of my fuzzy grey matter, this stuff sounds toxic when you read their safety data.😀😀

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Okay so I bought some Geotek Pro-silicate. After reading its safety data sheet I see it can be explosive if mixed with acids.....lol....good to know I guess. I was warned when I bought it to add first before adding other nutes then ph the mix before I add my other nutes???

With me doing that before adding nutes will I'll have to do it again after adding nutes? something is amiss in me brain. Can you help alleviate my confusion?😕😕

Could I not add this stuff to my water cycle? rather than me fking up with the too many chemicals out on the table at one time during their feed cycle...something is bound to get mixed and I don't need the off gas fking with whats left of my fuzzy grey matter, this stuff sounds toxic when you read their safety data.😀😀

I took a look at the msds and have no clue why they put potassium chloride in there. Chlorides are really not good to feed to cannabis as it negatively impacts the burn characteristics. Id personally not use that product past week 3 or 4 in flower to avoid loading the buds with chloride.

Besides that, just always add it first before nutrients and let it sit for several minutes to dilute properly and you shouldn't have any problems. But, if you're uncomfortable using it with nutes you won't have any issues just adding it to your water cycle. But you might not see all the benefits either doing it that way.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I took a look at the msds and have no clue why they put potassium chloride in there. Chlorides are really not good to feed to cannabis as it negatively impacts the burn characteristics. Id personally not use that product past week 3 or 4 in flower to avoid loading the buds with chloride.

Besides that, just always add it first before nutrients and let it sit for several minutes to dilute properly and you shouldn't have any problems. But, if you're uncomfortable using it with nutes you won't have any issues just adding it to your water cycle. But you might not see all the benefits either doing it that way.
I really only want it for veg.. under my t5 lights they look a little scrawny and seem to be missing something...I thought it may help build bigger stronger...it was pushed on me as a replacement for the GH Si they were out of. I can also have issues with bugs in the summer months ( mites ) I thought this might help and if I put any out this year it says it help fight PM as well. I wasn't going to use in flower at all.

You do think it will be more beneficial for my plants to add during feed though...rather than on water cycle? I can work it in, just with it being new to me I thought in the water cycle it would simplify it......But I want whats best for plants ...not me, that's why I asked. No point spending money if I use it incorrectly .....thanks😀

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I really only want it for veg.. under my t5 lights they look a little scrawny and seem to be missing something...I thought it may help build bigger stronger...it was pushed on me as a replacement for the GH Si they were out of. I can also have issues with bugs in the summer months ( mites ) I thought this might help and if I put any out this year it says it help fight PM as well. I wasn't going to use in flower at all.

You do think it will be more beneficial for my plants to add during feed though...rather than on water cycle? I can work it in, just with it being new to me I thought in the water cycle it would simplify it......But I want whats best for plants ...not me, that's why I asked. No point spending money if I use it incorrectly .....thanks😀

I think its beneficial to use it every watering until the end of the stretch phase.
I've personally not seen it as being very effective against pests like mites and PM though. As I've had both while using it in the past. But it does make for stronger stems that need less support.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think its beneficial to use it every watering until the end of the stretch phase.
I've personally not seen it as being very effective against pests like mites and PM though. As I've had both while using it in the past. But it does make for stronger stems that need less support.
Stronger means more resilient to help thwart off bugs and mold I'm hoping. Any thing is better than nothing. I don't / didn't have problems with stem strength other than the Auto's I had last run. I've always kept them short so they don't get lanky,

Mine don't stretch as much either, probably because I top so often. Other than the Auto's I've never seen anything stretch out like they did.
I have 3 Gorilla Bomb now 5 feet tall before flowering if they tripled I'd be fked but after 2 weeks now in flower they've added about a foot in height under my 1000w hps.

I was just looking to upgrade the girls feed and I've heard / read good things about silicates for them. I know not....but if a little goes a long way I guess a litre will last me a while. If not I'll see if I can make it explode lol.......ever hear of Draino bombs?...as kids we had lots of fun making garbage cans go boom.lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom