Dirty Harry: Do You Feel Lucky?

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

Sup farmers? Starting this thread to document my Dirty Harry grow. This strain was the brain child of one of our distinguished community members @Joe Fresh. Perhaps he can fill us in on the lineage and how he got the name.pics. As well as provide some pics and his perspective along the way.
I am gonna start 3 of his 20 packs in order to have plenty of choices for a clone mother and a pollen doner
I ultimately will be documenting:
Germination rates
Growth rates
Male to female ratio
Plant structure
Plant vigor
Clonability
Nutrient uptake
Flower density
Flower quality
Resin production
Leaf to flower ratio
Aroma
Yield
Taste
Strength
Effect
Anomalies
I appreciate having the opportunity to run the dirty harry and am excited to see how it performs in my system. Here goes...

G gnome

G gnome

Screenshot 2015 06 18 06 45 57

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

lol wow those seeds actually look pretty damn nice when you take pic of them lol..to be honest im surprised that they kept their outer tiger stripe shell, usually it rubs off just from the seeds comming into contact with eachother lol

anyways, lineage is my DeezyD momma, crossed with a mandala hashberry male...ill get pics up soo, my sd card readers i ordered from china were supposed to be here by the 18th latest....and they have not come yet, so any day now ill put a few up..the hashberry really packed in the weight in this cross, gave it a bit better structure, as the deezyd didnt have the greatest structure but the buds and resin were well worth growing that crop out time after time lol...so i really like this cross, the dirty harry at this point is only an f1 cross, but i plan to work this strain much further down the line to refine it to exactly how i want it...for now only f1's will be given away or sold

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'll be tagging along, if you don't mind :)

Got 6 beans soaking myself ;) and those are some beautiful large beans indeed @Joe Fresh . I'll put up a thread later when my setup is done and tested. Still waiting on the light parts and then comes the build off :D

Good karma and giant buds!

Keep it green!

Edit:

Here is Joe's thread with the photos of Dirty Harry's parents

H

happy b

Right nobody panic!you can relax,im here.
hashberry deezy d.always liked the sound of hashberry and satori from mandala but never got round to get em.not sure exactly what deezy d is.i would assume an ecsd hybrid?
Im looking forward to see how these perform for you g gnome.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Right nobody panic!you can relax,im here.
hashberry deezy d.always liked the sound of hashberry and satori from mandala but never got round to get em.not sure exactly what deezy d is.i would assume an ecsd hybrid?
Im looking forward to see how these perform for you g gnome.
deezyD is an amazing flavourful nycd momma(sour grapefruit pheno) crossed with either a sugar bear father, or an unknown father....deezyD was not bred by me, i just had 300 seeds to find the pheno...so i can be 100% on the lineage...i just know she is my all time fav smoke...just amazing taste and the high is all in your head...i can smoke her all day and still function fine, but its really mental, like you feel in the zone, if ya know what i mean...very mood uplifting...

so dirty harry is:

my deezyD

DeezyD
DSC00008

crossed with this hashberry male

Hash berry male
Hash berry

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I can't wait to see what you do with these! I will be running some of these same seeds before the year is out and we can compare results (to help @Joe Fresh, not for competition) . until then, I wish you only the best and will check in from time to time to see how this comes along!

G gnome

G gnome

I can't wait to see what you do with these! I will be running some of these same seeds before the year is out and we can compare results (to help @Joe Fresh, not for competition) . until then, I wish you only the best and will check in from time to time to see how this comes along!
Idk... I have a way of turning things into a competition lol

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

@Joe Fresh what can u tell us bout the height stretch and perhaps what aort of phenos ya see?
stretch isnt too bad on the dirty harry..she acts more like an indica that sativa, about 65 days flower, i would say strretch is probly 12-18 inches after flip, depending the size of plant and size of container, a larger plant in a smaller container will stretch to the sky like no tomorrow, a larger container that allows the roots to grow in width will allow the plant to grow wider more than taller...the deezyD stretch is much much worse, but not as bad as some og's lol....

i flowered mine at about 2 feet in a 7 gal bucket, she turned into a 3.5-4 foot bush and got about 5.5 oz from her...not bad, she didnt take up as much room as say her momma the deezyD...the deezyD will make alot of fan leaves, and a lot of long this weak branches, this is not the case with dirty harry, the hashberry in the mix has fixed this structural issue with the deezyD...but i still prefer the smoke of the deezyD over all other smokes...just not the biggest yeilder and can have structural issues with the plant, but the easyness of growing her, is incredible, deezy can take low nutes, high nutes, low light, high lihgt, and sstill produce about the same with lush green plants till the end...dirty harry has inherited good traits from both parents

as for phenos, im not sure, thats what im hoping you can tell me lol.. i germed 100 seeds, all germed but i didnt get a chance to grow them out fully because of carelessness and too many plants, was left with about 20 after the rest dried up in the clone trays in jiffy cubes....the 20 i had left, was about 70% female(14 if i recall)..but because i had too many plants for my rooms, i only kept the healthiest one for a test run...thats the one i got now as a momma, i still ned to do a pheno hunt for my real momma and poppa of dirty harry so i can make some f2's...

H

happy b

stretch isnt too bad on the dirty harry..she acts more like an indica that sativa, about 65 days flower, i would say strretch is probly 12-18 inches after flip, depending the size of plant and size of container, a larger plant in a smaller container will stretch to the sky like no tomorrow, a larger container that allows the roots to grow in width will allow the plant to grow wider more than taller...the deezyD stretch is much much worse, but not as bad as some og's lol....

i flowered mine at about 2 feet in a 7 gal bucket, she turned into a 3.5-4 foot bush and got about 5.5 oz from her...not bad, she didnt take up as much room as say her momma the deezyD...the deezyD will make alot of fan leaves, and a lot of long this weak branches, this is not the case with dirty harry, the hashberry in the mix has fixed this structural issue with the deezyD...but i still prefer the smoke of the deezyD over all other smokes...just not the biggest yeilder and can have structural issues with the plant, but the easyness of growing her, is incredible, deezy can take low nutes, high nutes, low light, high lihgt, and sstill produce about the same with lush green plants till the end...dirty harry has inherited good traits from both parents

as for phenos, im not sure, thats what im hoping you can tell me lol.. i germed 100 seeds, all germed but i didnt get a chance to grow them out fully because of carelessness and too many plants, was left with about 20 after the rest dried up in the clone trays in jiffy cubes....the 20 i had left, was about 70% female(14 if i recall)..but because i had too many plants for my rooms, i only kept the healthiest one for a test run...thats the one i got now as a momma, i still ned to do a pheno hunt for my real momma and poppa of dirty harry so i can make some f2's...
Sounds like youv managed to find 2 plants that compliment each other well.

G gnome

G gnome

Im on it!

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

@Joe Fresh it would be awesome if you did a massive pheno hunt and kept selecting exceptional parents to stabilize and ibl the dirty harry. I've always wanted hashberry but a hashberry with a sour d twist would be boss.
thats the plan, these are only f1's....i plan to take this line much much further...im hoping to eventually have 2 lines of it, one with many phenos(possibly f5 or somtething) and the onther very stabilized to the point all plants from seed come out exactly the same(probly f13 or something)....time is the problem lol...but i will get it done, in time lol

drewski85

drewski85

thats the plan, these are only f1's....i plan to take this line much much further...im hoping to eventually have 2 lines of it, one with many phenos(possibly f5 or somtething) and the onther very stabilized to the point all plants from seed come out exactly the same(probly f13 or something)....time is the problem lol...but i will get it done, in time lol
All you need is the right parents and you can have it stabilized by the 5th or 6th generation. if you want a wide pheno range, the f2-3 generation is where you'll find the greatest variation.good luck

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

All you need is the right parents and you can have it stabilized by the 5th or 6th generation. if you want a wide pheno range, the f2-3 generation is where you'll find the greatest variation.good luck
according to djshort, f5 should have plenty of phenos, and according to dj, and a few other older well know breeders(some have passed) f13 is where you get the stabilized true breeding(land race style)...either way i plan to go along and take things as they come

Top Bottom