Discoloration, small yellow dots on leaves

• Thread starter Sammeysosa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sammeysosa

First time grower here guys! Thanks in advance to all those who reply. I was just wondering are the yellow spots in these pictures things I should worry about, and the overall quality of the plant.... does it look healthy? I feel there’s a little drooping

Discoloration small yellow dots on leaves
Discoloration small yellow dots on leaves 2
Discoloration small yellow dots on leaves 3
Discoloration small yellow dots on leaves 4
ChikiPox

ChikiPox

Is difficult to give answers if you don't provide info.

What's in your medium, water PH, ppm, extra nutrients?
Looks like nut toxicity + overwatering. You can get a lot of problems if your PH is out of rage.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Without any information but the pic i would say overwatering (too often) and or too much nutes.

The yellow spots are likely calcium being locked out of the roots from being too wet or too clogged with nutrients.

Thick shiny leaves and yellowing tips show the problem.

az2000

az2000

I don't think it looks bad. Maybe overfed. Is this Kellogg Patio Plus too? (<<link). As mentioned in that thread, it's pretty hot out of the bag. If you haven't fed anything else (unlike that other thread), it might work ok, maybe just minor signs of over feeding.

S

Sammeysosa

It miricle gro performance organics (I know shitty) and I’m using ff nutes currently grow big & tiger bloom and I avent been messing with the ph,, but I need to start doing it, and 1000 w dimgogo

az2000

az2000

It miricle gro performance organics (I know shitty) and I’m using ff nutes currently grow big & tiger bloom and I avent been messing with the ph,, but I need to start doing it, and 1000 w dimgogo

That soil is NPK is 0.19-0.03-0.03. That's not as bad as some of the other MiracleGro soils, but stronger than the "Organic Choice" potting mix. (That's the only one I've heard of people choosing to use on a continuing basis. It's label shows it being low strength: 0.10-0.05-0.05).

I wouldn't think your soil would need much poured in. But, that NPK ratio seems unusual. Maybe you would've had a different problem if you hadn't fed.

I would cut back to 1/2 strength for a couple feedings. Maybe go back to 3/4 strength after that. If it were me, I would monitor the runoff ppms. That might suggest something if things go bad. I think it's useful info. (Or not. it depends on the soil, perhaps. But, if you had low runoff ppms, and the problem was worsening, you'd at least know it's not salt buildup.).

Be sure to let the soil dry completely between waterings (and completely water when dry. Get 10% runoff. That won't hurt anything, but could reduce a salt-buildup problem (if you had one.). If you don't let the soil dry it can hold the ph of the soil lower, creating an acidic salt-buildup-like condition.

S

Sammeysosa

I forgot to mention that I eased into feeding at less then half at first then I just recently bumped up to half mixing with distilled water, but I noticed a gnat in the soil so I pointed the fan in the soil to make surest don’t become a problem

Top Bottom