Discussion about Hydrogaurd.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
swervinmervyn

swervinmervyn

When adding back i steer the ppm towards my goal so I may add back a higher or lower concentration to help steer the ppm to my target.

Southern AG fungicide is a good alternative and much cheaper alternative. You are looking for a source that contains a good amount of bacillus amyloliquefaciens. That is the active ingredient in hydroguard.

That product is basically Nitrobacter these are the species that are responsible for breaking ammonia/ammonium down into nitrite and nitrate. Very beneficial to inoculate with but does not contain the bacillus amyloliquefaciens species that is specifically used to prevent and target root rot.

Sorry for the late reply I missed this post
Hey thanks for the relpy.

I can't get the Southern AG product down here either. It looks like Bayer make a product called Serenade Prime that contains bacillus amyloliquefaciens. I will look for a retailer though I think it is only sold in large quantities for the agricultural industry. It might still be an option if the product has a long expiry date.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey thanks for the relpy.

I can't get the Southern AG product down here either. It looks like Bayer make a product called Serenade Prime that contains bacillus amyloliquefaciens. I will look for a retailer though I think it is only sold in large quantities for the agricultural industry. It might still be an option if the product has a long expiry date.
I know raw microbes has it but never tried it in hydro yet. I'm using that now for this soil grow and I know another grower uses it in coco. I grabbed mine from amazon

Weeddaddy

Weeddaddy

Thanks for writing this Aqua man. I have a few questions if you don't mind helping me. Does hydroguard need micronutrients? Will hydroguard keep my res clean and innoculate my roots? Should I use another bacteria to inoculate my roots?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wow looks like 2016... time for me to crawl out from under the rock.

stltoed

stltoed

I dig Hydroguard. Never had too much of an issue with it. Apart from dried additives and nutrients the vast majority of what we use is water. I'm cool with it.

If I lived in Canda, it might be a different story

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know it's stupid expensive up there. And it's susceptible to cold, so if the stock boy leaves it out it may get ruined.
Yeah mine came frozen solid... can't order in early winter

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

As someone who uses Voodoo Juice for my only bacteria right now, would this be a good addition? I'm wondering about adding something like this to my res for auto feeding but I'm always worried about adding anything to the AN line, switching to Athena next run so maybe I'll wait until then? Interested in your thoughts.

Weeddaddy

Weeddaddy

Sorry, I just have one more question. should I use a drip cleaner as well as pond cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom